Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

Hey guys. It's _H3X_ Still working on a story. This has nothing to do with it, but I was just curious. Are you allowed to have misleading titles and tags for the storys sake? I'm sure someone here has heard of Doki-Doki Literature club. And if you have not, it's basically a misleading game. (It's for free on steam, and itch.io) I would spoil it, but that would ruin it. Play the game blind. 

Sorry, I am getting of topic. Anyway, Doki Doki makes you think it's a visual novel/dating sim, but it's not exactly that. (It's not anything sensual, calm down.) So, that game completely misleads you, but in a good way. If they just went on and spoiled the games contents, it would ruin the experience. So I was just curious if you can use misleading titles and tags for the stories sake, like Doki Doki literature club did. Thanks!

-_H3X_

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

Interesting question. I don't know the answer, but Doki Doki was amazing, agreed there.

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

Sure was hell of a good game. I was thinking if we are allowed to do so, I might make something, like it, but unique in its own way as well.  

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

I'm sure it'd be fine. You'd be grand using a misleading title. I don't know about tags, but no one cares about them, so it doesn't matter.

Misleading titles.

6 years ago
I'm going with yes because I've done that. I suppose as long as it's not something like 'Geared for Children' on something with a mature rating...but then again, the actual rating maturity is still right there.

Tags are actually completely meaningless however so I wouldn't think about them too hard.

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

Yea. I was not planning on putting a fake rating, that would be just evil.

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

I think it probably depends on whether it's misleading to make a point, or to be clever, or if it's just ignorance/carelessness that makes the title misleading.  Being clever or making a point is far more acceptable than ignorance/carelessness.

Misleading titles.

6 years ago

Alright, thanks.