Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Yet another noob

6 years ago

Hey all, 

Mythen here.  I have run across this site a few times over the last (insert apropriate time frame here) and decided why not be a contributing member of society.  Always loved the CYOA games and I am currently brainstorming and developing a randomized CYAO card game, which has sooooooo many varables and issues that it will likey take years.  In the meantime as I gater ideas and the like, I look forward to joining the community.

Yet another noob

6 years ago
Hi, welcome to the site.

Have fun reading/reviewing and let us know if you have any questions about creating your game. You may want to give Cows vs Aliens a try if you need ideas as that's a pretty well liked poker game we have already. (It's featured in the Everything Else section.)

What sort of card game are you planning? Something insanely variable and scripting heavy may be a little ambitious for a first game, but good luck!

Yet another noob

6 years ago

Think "Cards agains Humanity" meets CYOA.  The idea is each person would play as a character whlie the player to their left is the narrator.  Drawing a card would give you a scenario and 3 choices that you can take.  The player character should elaborate as much as possible.   The narrarator then draws the next card which would tell them if the given choice was a success or fail and determine whatever outcome they feel is appropriate.  Players would get points for the most susscesses and players can also dole out points for good narration.  Most points wins.  Very heavily relies on the players willingness to role play.

I will give Cows vs Aliens a try. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Yet another noob

6 years ago
Hi hi

Yet another noob

6 years ago

Welcome.

Sounds like you have quite the ambitious project lined up.  I hope you manage; it sounds interesting.  There's a few people around here who are good at that sort of thing, so you should be able to get your questions answered if you have them.