Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi

6 years ago

I am new here. I look forward to bringing you games like you've never played before and pushing this sites creative limits, as well as my own. 

Hi

6 years ago

Hello. Well so far from what I can see of your stories you are a decent writer. Unlike most noobs I hope you stay active on the forms and write some stories. But most new people on this site lurk or get banned so I hope you do not do that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Check out the top rated stories and make your own. Don't be an idiot and don't get banned. That kind of stuff. Good luck.

Hi

6 years ago

Hey there, and welcome!

It's probably best if you don't write games like nobody's ever played before. They'd probably invariably suck. It'd be better to read some of the fantastic stories on here already first (also real-life books don't hurt.) Reading is one of the best ways of improving your writing.

Good luck with pushing your creative limits.

Hi

6 years ago
Hi there, and what Imperator said, it may be good to read a few of the top stories and otherwise familiarize yourself with the site before diving head first into any major projects.

Newbies always end up biting off more than they can chew and getting frustrated/overwhelmed or otherwise making the whole writing process much more difficult for themselves because they're in such a hurry to publish something. If you've never written a CYOA before (and without being aware of how many regular stories you've written) they can be difficult to structure in a way that doesn't get away from you unless you really put some thought in. The suggestion is usually to start with a smaller, more manageable project.

Hi

6 years ago

Thank you all, I currently have one smaller "test the waters" story and somewhat more in depth thriller. I will take your advice and play some more stories to get a feel for the site.  I like the fact that these choices help to bring the story to life and trying to disguise the path through the story, as if it were a code. 

Hi

6 years ago

Welcome. :)  While it's always good to push your limits, I think that you're probably a couple thousand years late to write something no one has ever read/played before.  But, as they say, it's the journey that counts more than the destination.  Just keep that goal fired up.  And yes, it is wise to start on a smaller project.  There's a bit of a mental readjustment involved in writing a CYOA style story.  I jumped into a contest without writing a story first and I struggled quite a bit with it, despite the fact that I've been writing linear stories for at least 20 years.

Hi

6 years ago
Awesome! And Good luck with that!

Hi

6 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here.