Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago

Anything I need to Know? I'd like tips on how to make a good storygame.

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. I'd suggest reading most of those articles over there via the "Help & Info" link on the left.

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago
May the Force be with you!

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago

Some people suggest that you get an avatar picture so we can recognize you more easily. Oddly enough for a site of writers, many of us are very visually oriented.

As for making a good story game, the best thing to do is read from the top story section. Make notes about things that you like, read the comments and make note of what other readers like.

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago

I'm not able to figure out how to get the avatar picture on my profile, because the pixels or whatever on my cat pic don't fit.

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago

I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to art, but most computers should have a simple program on them that will let you shrink your picture to acceptable size.  Someone more artistically inclined will be able to give you more specific instructions. 

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago
It's called MSPaint and it's the only art program anyone ever needs.

Hi, I am new!

6 years ago

Alright! Finally! I'm on a tablet so I was able to edit a photo I just took of Gizmo, my cat. I had to crop it down a LOT, but now I have a profile picture.