Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Greetings all!

5 years ago

Hello to everyone reading this. I first found this website a long time ago when i was first getting into interactive stories like those posted on this site and really enjoyed myself reading through several created here. However, between school and work I lost the free time I had back then and subsequently stopped reading these stories and even ended up losing the site to my somewhat terrible memory (whoops...). Thankfully now with some breaks in my schedule on the horizon and a renewed interest in these stories I should be able to spend more time here and have finally decided to make an account. 

I am a 19 year old male currently enrolled in college classes, so even with small amounts of free time I may end up going dormant for weeks at a time so I do not fall behind. With that being said, I am not only looking forward to reading stories created here but am interested in making my very own soon enough! I absolutely love fantasy storygames and I really enjoy playing D&D/Pathfinder on my campus as well, so I will likely start my first story revolving around that type of universe.

Feel free to message me if you would like to and thanks again for reading through this and welcoming me to this site!

Greetings all!

5 years ago
Hey, welcome!

I'll skip my usual spiel since you already seem to have a good idea of what there is to do here and what you want to do and how to do it.

Have fun and let us know if you need help with anything. And if you're going to be doing a lot of reading that's great, the site's been kind of lacking lately in members willing and able to give detailed reviews. Most of the people who take that kind of seriously have been busy with life or buried in their own writing projects.

Greetings all!

5 years ago

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I can get back into these stories as frequently as I have in the past. I'll be sure to write any questions I can think of when they come to me.

Greetings all!

5 years ago
Welcome. If you drink the last cup of coffee, please be courteous and put on another pot.

Greetings all!

5 years ago

I'll do you one better and make a cup for you as well haha. Thanks for the welcome!

Greetings all!

5 years ago
YeYe

Greetings all!

5 years ago

:) Hello! Welcome! If you want some inspiration for your stories and you have the time, I would like to use copy and paste to recommend to you what I recommend to others:

I especially recommend the works by BerkaZerka, Ogre11, and EbonVasilis. So far I have only been able to read some of each of their impressive works in the limited time I am here. I suspect all their works are awesome!

BerkaZerka’s Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) is extremely well written [I managed to get the best possible ending!] and kept my eyes glued to the phone I use (though it does have violence/gore and some language), he has also got great puzzles and games (Some of which I have still not completed. They’re awesome!). Ogre11’s awesome works I have read/played so far include: Spy Mission (You gotta see the different endings), Cryogenic Failure (Again, you gotta see the different endings), UFO at School, Alien Abduction, Finding the Muse (this will definitely help aspiring writers). Of EbonVasilis’s works, so far I have read his epic A Chosen Hero (I’ve got to read more of his works!). I have also played DavidG’s The Tower of Rowena, played cMitchell3’s Get out Alive, read Will11’s true story Climbing Beyond The Clouds, read MinnieKing’s inspirational message Addition, and read the short mouse hero story by pinkalily21, Alone in the Forest. There are great writers and future great writers to be found on this site.

I hope you have an awesome time writing and/or reading!

Greetings all!

5 years ago

Hello and thank you for your recommendations! Once I am able to find time to sit down and view some works here I'll be sure to keep these in mind.

Greetings all!

5 years ago

:) You are so nice! It was my pleasure!