Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello there!

5 years ago

Hi! I'm a 13 year old boy that loves stories/books and games so, when I discovered storygames and tried one out I ABSOLUTELY loved it! I have a few ideas floating around my head but I either get distracted or get discouraged but I will try to contribute to this site!

Hello there!

5 years ago
Welcome to the site. Don't feel pressured to write something, there are plenty of people here who just enjoy reading!

Hello there!

5 years ago

Thank you for that info @Ogre11! I thought that Account=Story. ROFL! Nevertheless I will try and see if I can write a decent story.

Hello there!

5 years ago
Lots of people just read and review. Except for when they don't do even that much. Honestly I'm not sure why most of the members are even here.

Anyway reading the newer or more popular storygames and writing reviews is probably the easiest way to get your bearings around here and start accumulating points aka proof you deserve to exist. That's no rush to make a storygame but you want to make sure it's proofread and with a solid plot and choices that matter when you do.

Hello there!

5 years ago
Hi Shane, welcome to the site. People sometimes post writing prompt threads in the Creative Corner, so you could participate in one of those to train a bit, or just post a shortstory to get feedback. When you eventually decide to write a storygame, remember that there is no time limit; the best stories usually aren't written in just a day. Remember to proofread once you're finished writing, because you could have the best plot and characters, but it would not matter if readers could not understand anything. As long as you are willing to listen to constructive criticism, you'll probably survive here. Don't be an idiot and have fun!

Hello there!

5 years ago
Good luck!

Hello there!

5 years ago

laughWow, you have great grammar for a 13-year-old! Hi! Welcome! There is some cursing and inappropriate stuff on this site, but there are also some awesome stories/games here. I have a list of awesome stories/games I have played here so far:

I especially recommend the works by BerkaZerka, Ogre11, and EbonVasilis. So far I have only been able to read some of each of their impressive works in the limited time I am here. I suspect all their works are awesome!

BerkaZerka’s Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) is extremely well written [I managed to get the best possible ending!] and kept my eyes glued to the phone I use (though it does have violence/gore and some language), he has also got great puzzles and games (Some of which I have still not completed. They’re awesome!). Ogre11’s awesome works I have read/played so far include: Spy Mission (You gotta see the different endings), Cryogenic Failure (Again, you gotta see the different endings), UFO at School, Alien Abduction, Finding the Muse (this will definitely help aspiring writers). Of EbonVasilis’s works, so far I have read his epic A Chosen Hero (I’ve got to read more of his works!). I have also played DavidG’s The Tower of Rowena, played cMitchell3’s Get out Alive, read Will11’s true story Climbing Beyond The Clouds, read MinnieKing’s inspirational message Addition, and read the short mouse hero story by pinkalily21, Alone in the Forest. There are great writers and future great writers to be found on this site.

I hope you have an awesome time on the site!