Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New Here!

5 years ago

Hello! I'm Asteria, and I just made this account today. I actually had an account a few years ago, but I wasn't all that good at this kind of stuff back then, and I lost the account information anyway. If anyone has suggestions for stories to read, or any newbie tips, I'd be happy to hear (or read) them!

New Here!

5 years ago

Hey, welcome back to the site! 

Any of the featured stories are worth a read. EndMaster, just came out with one of his longest works, Rogues, so that’s what pretty much everyone is reading right about now. We’re always looking for people to give feedback on stories, so you might want to start there. If you plan on writing a story yourself, then I wish you luck, and hope you’ll work at it studiously.

Just use commons sense when on the forums and you should be fine. 

Good luck!

New Here!

5 years ago

Thanks! Also, I noticed that lots of people have profile pictures. How would I make one of my own?

New Here!

5 years ago

Go to "Pictures" under "My Stuff," and upload a small image (anything under about 500 x 600 pixels). If you go to "Profile," you can then add an avatar image & choose the image you just uploaded :-)

New Here!

5 years ago

Alright, I'll do that! Thanks a bunch!

New Here!

5 years ago
Hello, welcome back.
I'll start off with the newbie tips.
First, know that this site puts more emphasis on brutal honesty than sugar coating. If you ever publish a storygame (as long as we can see you put effort into it instead of mashing keys), we'll give a ton of help, but we'd also tell you it sucked if it actually did suck. We do honestly want everyone to improve in their writing skills. Hurray!
Second, don't be dumb. For some reason, that's really hard for newbies to understand. link Here's an example of a dumb newb.
Third, rate and comment on storygames, especially the newly published ones (like my stuff). That kind of stuff helps to boost your reputation and such.

As for stories to read, there's a bunch. What kind are you looking for? Romance? Dark Fantasy? Sci-Fi? Often, the featured ones in the categories are all very good.

Lastly, you'd want to get a profile pic. Mt Stuff -> Pictures -> Upload New Picture (you'll have to upload from images saved to your computer, btw) -> My Stuff -> Profile (where you can chose from all of your uploaded pictures in the drop down bar under Avatar Photo and click Update My Account and Profile after that).

Oh, you can't post from mobile either. You'd have to change the webpage to Request Desktop Site (or something akin to that) in your settings.

Have a nice day/night/time!
EDIT: dang, it looks like Scoople already posted direction for the profile pic. Oh well, I'll leave mine up anyway.

New Here!

5 years ago

Wow, this was really helpful! Thanks! :)

New Here!

5 years ago
Hi there and welcome (back) to the site!

New Here!

5 years ago

:) Hi! Welcome! I know some awesome stories I have read so far, I will use copy and paste to recommend to you what I recommend to others:

I especially recommend the works by BerkaZerka, Ogre11, and EbonVasilis. So far I have only been able to read some of each of their impressive works in the limited time I am here. I suspect all their works are awesome!

BerkaZerka’s Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) is extremely well written [I managed to get the best possible ending!] and kept my eyes glued to the phone I use (though it does have violence/gore and some language), he has also got great puzzles and games (Some of which I have still not completed. They’re awesome!). Ogre11’s awesome works I have read/played so far include: Spy Mission (You gotta see the different endings), Cryogenic Failure (Again, you gotta see the different endings), UFO at School, Alien Abduction, Finding the Muse (this will definitely help aspiring writers). Of EbonVasilis’s works, so far I have read his epic A Chosen Hero (I’ve got to read more of his works!). I have also played DavidG’s The Tower of Rowena, played Zephyrme2847’s & mudshadow63’s [and they, amazingly, were only 11 and 4 when they created this!] Kittens of FAT, played cMitchell3’s Get out Alive, read Will11’s true story Climbing Beyond The Clouds, read MinnieKing’s inspirational message Addition, and read the short mouse hero story by pinkalily21, Alone in the Forest. There are great writers and future great writers to be found on this site.

I hope you have an awesome time on the site!

New Here!

5 years ago
Good luck x2~