Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hey there!

5 years ago

Found this site a few days ago looking up choose your own adventure books. I looked into a few of them and saw that this place has some pretty good authors. I do need some advice though. What genre is most appealing on this site? I would like to get some fans first and I think that putting something people like would be good.

Hey there!

5 years ago

The most popular ones are fantasy, sci-fi and horror, if the top rated list is anything to go off of.

Hey there!

5 years ago

Thanks for the advice, guess I should have looked there first.

Hey there!

5 years ago
Welcome to the site. There are certainly a wide variety of readers on the site and there are likely even more that read the stories without creating an account or even logging into these forums. I'm not really sure how you're going to recruit fans (unless you're paying them?) without having written anything.

Hey there!

5 years ago

I worded this wrong, I meant to say I want people to enjoy my writing after my first project. But that's still helpful! Uh, knowing that there are a variety of readers here. Not the paying people. I'd never do that! Y-Yeah...

Hey there!

5 years ago

Welcome to CYS

Hey there!

5 years ago
Welcome to the site. Fantasy seems the most popular but that's because a lot of the more prolific and talented authors just prefer to write it. You should go with whatever interests you the most, CYOAs can be a lot of work and the most important thing for your first project is writing about something you enjoy and can maintain enough interest with to see it through.

I do recommend taking some time to read and review a few of the featured stories though, it might give you some ideas of the quality level readers are looking for and some of the possibilities with the editor.

Hey there!

5 years ago
Goog luck whatever you decide.