Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Story Length

5 years ago

How many pages is a 2 length story? (So short yo momma thought it was a recipe)

My storygame is going to be based about that so can someone tell me?

Story Length

5 years ago
It's based more on word count than pages, how many words do you generally have per page?

Story Length

5 years ago

Idk its all mixed

Story Length

5 years ago
Of course some are going to be more sparsely popuated thtn others, but usually there's some sort of average. Do your pages have a couple of scentences each A couple of paragraphs?

Story Length

5 years ago

some pages have like around 4 sentences, while a few have around 2 paragraphs and one has around 5

Story Length

5 years ago
Depending on paragraph length then, you may already be at longer than a 2/8. Most of the 2/8s seem to be in the low 1,000s, but nobody knows the exact algorithm.

Story Length

5 years ago
Also I apologize for the numerous typos in this thread, I've been writing from my phone and not paying too much attention to details ^_^

Story Length

5 years ago

ok thanks for the help 

Story Length

5 years ago

I've finished my story and it has a 2133 word count. I don't know how to check the length though.

Story Length

5 years ago
It only shows after you publish it.

Story Length

5 years ago

thanks, guess I'll wait till tommorow to publish it and then edit it 

Story Length

5 years ago
Can't wait.

Story Length

5 years ago
You should really edit it BEFORE publishing...

Story Length

5 years ago

I have but I can't see the length rating. I already edited the other stuff

Story Length

5 years ago

I published it and instead of a 2, I get a 4 even though I tried to keep stuff to the bare minimum. What do I do now?

Story Length

5 years ago
I unpublished it for you.

I recommend you rethink your life choices.

Story Length

5 years ago

Oof I have obviously failed in life. How may I fix this abomination?

Story Length

5 years ago
The algorithm is currently unknown and will continue to be until one of two things happen:

1) Me or BD get around to reverse engineering it out of curiosity (probably a fuckton of work).
2) Ogre, Killa, 3J, or alexp (or any other admin that would have access to the info) tell us what it is directly.

Neither of these things has happened and the latter will likely never happen so you're stuck with everyone wondering how length is calculated. same prison as the people wondering how points affect weighted ratings