Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New

5 years ago

hey whats up! im new here im putting a book that ive been working on for more than a year on here and im here ta, make friends lol

New

5 years ago
Oh boy

New

5 years ago

Hello and welcome! Just make sure to try and read some of the storygames on here first, that way you'll be able to see what the general quality is. I also heard many experienced members say that it's best not to rush when writing a storygame, so please take your sweet time (and try to read and perfect your grammar while you do that).

New

5 years ago
Welcome to the site ^_^ I know that many people write much differently than they type in forums, but fair warning there are a lot of people who are going to immediately judge you based on how you write here. It is a writing site after all. So I'd reccommend including things like capitalization, punctation, and proper grammar in your forum posts (and definitely in your story.) Anyway, best of luck to you!

New

5 years ago
I'm feeling very nice today, so I'd like to inform you that your story is shit. I've only read one page, sure, but I'm already sure that unless your writing suddenly changes quality after that, the rest's going to be shit as well. Please read some featured stories to get a better idea of what a good story looks like. And it's "different"! Can't you even spell the title right?

Before you can even dream of writing anything, you should learn basic grammar rules. You could write a good story with an interesting plot, but it'd still be painful to read if nothing was capitalized and there was no punctuation. It's a simple fix, but a very important one.

There are plenty of websites to help you with this, like this one and that one, copied from Mizal's profile. You can also learn a lot by just reading other people's stories and noticing the patterns. Seriously, it's not that hard, you are a disappointment!

New

5 years ago
Don't let the mandrills do your nails. They are terrible manicurists and smell funny.