Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Rating

5 years ago

What is considered a "good" rating on a storygame? A 5? 6?

Rating

5 years ago
1- Complete trash, needs to be deleted. 2- They obviously put in a little effort, but it still didn't meet site standards. 3- It's readable and good enough to stick around, but that's about it. 4- A good story. Not the best by far, but a decent read. 5- Better than decent. Anyone intrested in the genre should definitely give it a look. 6- Amazing! Maybe not a story of epic proportions, but better than most by far. 7- I'd pay money to play this. Maybe like 99 cents, but still. 8- Best thing I've read in my life! (Or Endmaster happened to write it) Basically 4-5 is decent, anything above 5 falls in between good and godlike.

Rating

5 years ago
It's the 3s that bug me more than the 1s and 2s. There's no entertainment value to be had but it displays juuuuust enough effort that we can't justify unpublishing.

4 means average writing with no glaring issues, your 5 I agree with. 6 is either just a good solid story or an ambitious one with flaws, 7 is an ambitious one that does what it set out to do and 8 either has a professional level of polish or is some amazing epic.

I almost never give anything higher than a 6.

Rating

5 years ago
I'm probably a bit easier on the grading than most people.

Rating

5 years ago
1 - Meme
2 - Trash
3 - Bad
4 - Meh
5 - Decent
6 - Good
7 - Great
8 - Amazing

Rating

5 years ago

Thank you for the responses; now I know what to aim for.

Rating

5 years ago
Which one you aiming for?

Rating

5 years ago

While I would be happy with a 5, I'm aiming for a 6 or 6.5. It'll take a lot of time and effort to achieve that score, but it'll be fun and rewarding.

Rating

5 years ago
The more you write the better you get!