Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago

Stumbling upon chooseyourstory.com was like winning the lottery!

I can't wait to submit my very first story.

I've already read a few stories on here and I am very impressed with the skill and creativity of the community on this site.

WOW! I hope slapstick comedy runs well with this format. I've got some knee slappers for ya!

Knee slappers,,, who says that?

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago

Welcome! Don’t be stupid or annoying, unless you want to be hated by everyone.

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago

Welcome. Looking forward to your comedy.

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago

Welcome!

Given your profile, I'll keep this short, but just remember that the branching side of storygames does lead to a number of challenges not present in other forms of writing, as such, take your time (there generally isn't a deadline).

Further, comedy can be a bit hard to get right, and as slapstick tends to be about exaggerated physical activity (that's what you're talking about right?), it will definitely be interesting to see what you manage to pull of (after all I don't see a reason for it to be impossible).

Anyway, finally, don't forget about the Help & Info section, but there are also the forums for getting help in a number of ways (you could get feedback on the writing, help with the editor etc).

At any rate, best of luck with future endeavors!

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago
Hurray another adult!

Welcome! You don't seem like you need the usual noob spiel so I'll just say have fun and let us know if you have any questions about the editor and the site.

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago

I don't mind a little rubbin!

I worked off of TWINE and built out my own CYA story game for one of my screenplays.

Do you think that would be interchangeable? 

Either way, I've got a good pretty good head start with at least having many of the blocks made.

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago
CYS editor can track variables, do IF/THEN/ELSE stuff and alter page text or page destinations based on that. Also allows javascript and fancy html. It's pretty flexible all in all. Twine is pretty powerful too of course but from what I've seen people mainly just do >click to see next snippet of sad sentence fragment and not much else with it.

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago
Rubbin's racin'!

Winning the Lottery!

5 years ago
hillbillies?