Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hey Guys!

5 years ago

What's up guys I'm new around here! What's one of the first things you would recommend me to do to start out?

Hey Guys!

5 years ago
Welcome to the site. First thing, why not just read some stories? There are some good ones (particularly if you're into fantasy) and writing comments or reviews afterwards legitimately helps the site and is a good way to start getting recognized. And if you're thinking of writing your own story, it can be useful to have examples of what the editor is capable of and the quality level readers do (and don't) appreciate. I'd suggest browsing the articles under Help & Info too, although there are a lot of them so try not to get overwhelmed. And the Writing Workshop and the Advanced Editor boards are the places if you need advice or feedback on specific writing/scripting things. Also, I'm not sure what browser you're using, but if you're on the PC you should go to this thread and get the CYS extension, it adds some new features that improve browsing on the site and modernizes the design somewhat. (And gives a dark mode option.)

Hey Guys!

5 years ago

Welcome! Start by reading some featured storygames (the few ones that show up in the category boxes on the main storygame page). Mizal already covered the rest.

Hey Guys!

5 years ago
Hi then~