Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi + Question

5 years ago

Hi all,

I'm just here to find some interactive fiction, I don't think I'll ever be able to write something of my own..

I'm playing Dead Man Walking at the moment and I'm enjoying it very much.

I was wondering if there's any way to play these offline on a kindle for example, they would work very well there.

Thanks for your work

best

Hi + Question

5 years ago

I don't think that's possible at the moment but our best and most dedicated engineers are indeed working on building an offline storage-editor app, if I'm not mistaken. It will take some time to make though, so you'll just have to read them on the site for the time being. Someone competent correct me if I said something wrong.

Oh, and welcome to the site! Readers and reviewers are great too, authors need feedback. Don't lose hope on your writing ability though, I'm sure you'll soak up some confidence the more you become familiar with storygames.

Hi + Question

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply, undr.

To my uninformed opinion it would seem a quite simple thing - except of course for the "save" command.

There are already some examples of gamebooks for the .epub or .mobi formats and, if the gamebooks present in this website are not much more complicated than, say, an html file with hyperlinks to sections of the book, then it would just be just a matter of conversion.

I, for one thing, would be more than happy to pay a fee to download the stories here to use offline on my ereader during my frequent long flights.

Also, if I may, an app version would not interest me as much as I find reading more than a couple of pages on my phone to be quite painful.

Is there a section in this forum where I could download an example "source code" of a typical gamebook?

Thanks again

EDIT:

I see now that other books feature such things as inventories, leveling systems and so on.

Said features are obviously impossible to implement on an ereader.

I see now what you mean and understand the difficulties you mention. Sorry for doubting that, I stand corrected.

Hi + Question

5 years ago
Hope you enjoy your reads~

Hi + Question

5 years ago

Oh yes I am, quite indeed I am..

Hi + Question

5 years ago
Working on a desktop application for Windows 7+. mobile is too unpopular around here to develop for and if there was interest in a mobile app it'd be limited to android/google devices because apple is a pain in the ass and expensive to dev for.

technical questions can be asked in the dev thread.