Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Sup.

4 years ago

Name's RealKuriosIasoun (yes, the same one from CoG forums), and I'll be publishing my WiP, The Empress' Demand here.(I realised I'd have to censor quite a few parts of my WiP if it was published via HG)

Sup.

4 years ago
Oh I remember you popping into the Discord briefly. Anyway, welcome to the site, glad to have you!

What's the story about?

Sup.

4 years ago

Basically, you are the heir to a modern(but with a medieval culture) empire, and the game is about navigating the challenges that come with that.

Sup.

4 years ago

Yep, just found your thread over at CoG. Just glancing through it, looks like the caste system you had was a problem or something?

Of course that content won't be an issue here.

Sup.

4 years ago

The caste system, and the fact that I like to portray war "warts and all".

Sup.

4 years ago
...wait, having a caste system in a fictional society would be an actual issue? Although I guess I've come across at least one thread with people getting angry over slavery in a fantasy setting, so it shouldn't surprise me. The idea of the average reader being all 'hmmm I wanna read a story about a war but I don't want to come across any bad things' is also pretty laughable. Used to feel like the staff was pretty out of touch with reality before but this new virtue-signalling inspired crackdown isn't going to leave many stories left. I've already heard that half the popular stories already published couldn't have been under the current rules, and their sequels are just getting grandfathered in while newer authors are just screwed. Anyway, the basic premise sounds interesting and like it could go in a lot of directions, good luck with your writing.

Sup.

4 years ago
Welcome to CYS, we're happy to have you. I hope you find this community more welcoming and tolerant than CoG's. Best of luck with your story, it seems interesting so far. Remember, don't be an idiot and have fun! :)

Sup.

4 years ago

Sounds cool. Welcome to CYS.

Sup.

4 years ago
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your story!

Sup.

4 years ago

Hey RKI! Nice to see you here. Let me know if you'd like someone to beta test your game before you publish it. ^_^

Sup.

4 years ago

I just skimmed over the thread on COG as well and saw that a few people took issue with the “oppression”. Know that here at CYS we love oppressing the lower class so please don’t tone any of that down.

Sup.

4 years ago
Shut up you. Get back to making those big rocks into small rocks

Sup.

4 years ago

Yes sir. Right away sir. Please don’t whip me...