Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New Here

4 years ago

Hello to the community. I'm uh, well, new here. I really enjoy writing and recently I've felt like writing a "choose your own adventure story". This community seems like a really good/easy way to read stories, get ideas and feedback from others, and to just create your own. I hope people are open to helping me out sometime in the future, show me the ropes...?

New Here

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! I'd recommend reading/reviewing a few of the top rated stories just to get an idea of some of the possibilities with the editor and the quality level readers are looking for before diving in with your own project. It's usually a good idea to start with a smaller story while you're still getting the hang of things too.

The Writing Workshop and Advanced Editor boards are usually the places to go for feedback on your work or scripting help, and let us know here if you have any other general questions about the site.

New Here

4 years ago

Thank you so much. I'll be sure to check some stories. Are there any that you personally recommend?

New Here

4 years ago

Actually, I was wondering if anyone knew a website where I could easily see my branches with the story I'm working on, cause without that, I have a hard time seeing what I've already done.

New Here

4 years ago

Welcome to the site! Not sure about a program where you can see your branches, but I think maybe Twine?

New Here

4 years ago

New Here

4 years ago

Innkeeper and Rogues, Ground Zero. Pretty much anything by Endmaster.

Price of Freedom, Bestist Frend Jane, Through Time...really, just browse the featured stuff on the main Storygames pages depending on what genres you're into and check out the profiles of any authors you like for more.

Oh, and if you're mainly browsing on a computer you should get the site extension here: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/24660

Gives everything a face lift and adds searching by tags and some other features, plus a dark mode option.

New Here

4 years ago

Thank you both for your help!

New Here

4 years ago
Welcome to the site. We do have quite a few stories here that might give you inspiration. Indeed, writing a CYS is completely different from just writing a story!