Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello

4 years ago
Commended by Ford on 7/22/2023 11:09:16 AM

Name's Canary, well, not really but... ya know. 

Was recommended to this place by TheChef himself. Loving it so far! I've been lurking for a few weeks now and finally decided to join in the fun.  I've read a couple of storygames and my favorite so far is "Inseperable" by mizal, just wonderful all around.

While I tend to be more of a fan of nonfiction, I still love fiction nonetheless. Favorite book of all time is "The Count of Monte Cristo," and my favorite author for fiction would likely be H.P. Lovecraft. I also read comic books/graphic novels but... that's a whole other story! 

While I am not much of a writer as I have not written anything creatively in many years, I love reading. So I will likely mostly be here for proofreading and giving ratings and the like. Feel free to show me whatever stories ya have, and I'll make sure to give it a timely and honest review. Otherwise, I'll just keep prowling around the new stories! 

Hope to get to know some of you! 

Hello

4 years ago
Welcome to the site. I hope TheChef doesn't embarass you too much, and I recommend reading anything by EndMaster.

Hello

4 years ago

Thank you! 
Ohhh no, he's a good boy! Most of the time, anyway!

And I've heard EndMaster's great too, but I haven't read anything by him yet. I'll make sure to do so when I get a chance to! 

Hello

4 years ago
Is he your son or your pet? XD
They're awesome. I would recommend reading Suzy's Strange Saga last and Necromancer and Death Song before Eternal, by the way. They are enjoyable either way, but there are some references that would be twice as epic if you read them in order.

Hello

4 years ago

Dammit Cricket XD, and I recommend Ground Zero personally, but Cricket probably knows much much more about Endmaster's stories than I do.

Hello

4 years ago

I'm not qualified to be a parent yet, I'm way too young for that! 

Oh yeah, I think I saw you suggest Necromancer somewhere, I'll definitely check that one out. I heard it's very long, however. So that may take some time! Is Eternal a sequel to those? Or is it just like, preparation material for it? 

Hello

4 years ago
You can read Eternal independently, but there is an easter egg of sorts that made those who read it after Necromancer VERY excited to find.
Eternal is very long, but Necromancer, while long, can be read in a few hours. I read almost all of it in a single evening.

Hello

4 years ago

If you're looking for reading suggestions, this is a good place to start:

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=4314

All of these are recent stories written by active site members, and all are in need of reviews. 

And if you want to see the truly new stuff, you'll find that here:

http://chooseyourstory.com/Stories/new.aspx

Hello

4 years ago

Great! Thank you for this, I'll stick to the suggestions one for now. If I ever have time to read the truly new stuff, I'll check that out. 

Hello

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello

4 years ago

Thank you much!

Hello

4 years ago
Welcome! TheChef is brave indeed to let friends know of his shameful internet habits. As for non fiction, Will11 has a ton of that, if history is your thing. Also if you're on PC, I'd recommend downloading the site extension for Firefox or Chrome, it adds dark mode, searching by tags, and some other functions as well as giving the site an overall facelift.

Hello

4 years ago

Oh, well it was only fair. I've told him about some of mine, so it was time he started opening up to me too!

I didn't even know there were nonfiction stories on here! That's great!

What I meant by preferring nonfiction over fiction is that I tend to only read stories that are nonfiction. So when I go look for books and stuff, I tend to stick to things like history or politics rather than fiction. But I love both as forms of entertainment and learning regardless!

Thank you, I will download that now. Also, thank you for "Inseperable!' 

Hello

4 years ago
Glad you liked it! I'm happy the gay necrophilia spoke to you that way.

Hello

4 years ago

I'm one of those two things, however I will let you guess that on your own!

That aspect definitely made my day, I need more of that in my stories! 

Hello

4 years ago

Don't worry Canary, you've been armed with several years worth of lurker techniques and tricks to survive in this hellscape.  Remeber, don't tag a certain someone and you'll be fine, just read his stories.

Hello

4 years ago

...thanks.

Now accept my duel, coward!