Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

IT DOES NOT WORK HELP PLZ

4 years ago

Hello pumpkins. 

I've been clicking for ages but I can't seem to get any story working.

I just want to be the elf princess

plz Help

4 years ago
....you're going to have to be a little more specific. Clicking what?

4 years ago

The click here to play buttons. I have clicked and clicked and clicked. I am probably wrong. And so I seek help.

- Glinda

4 years ago
Do you have pop ups blocked? The story opens in a new window.

4 years ago

Nope, I unblocked them prior. but nothing :( 

4 years ago
Did you check in the other tabs behind the main window? It's just that I've never heard of this happening to anyone before and with the site being this old, a major bug like that would have been noticed a long time ago. So all I can think of is that it's something weird going on with your browser. Which one are you using?

4 years ago

I checked. Nothing...I'm using chrome. I'm going to try to restart my laptop and maybe use another browser. Thank you for the help! 

4 years ago

Chrome has a lot of pop-up blockers, but I used it with success. You may need to turn off the blockers and make sure to save the changes. You also might have to look at the bottom of the browser for something asking for permission to open. If you see that click yes.

4 years ago
I am a pumpkin, apparently. Therefore I clearly cannot help, I can only be made into delicious pie or beer. mmMMMmm... beer...

4 years ago
Pumpkin beer exists?

4 years ago

Unfortunately, yes. Every October.

4 years ago
I don't even drink beer, and I'm not sure how to feel about this.

4 years ago

It tastes, to me, much like I imagine vomit-infused beer would taste.  It's the worst beer.

4 years ago
It is the best beer when drinking it out of a large ceramic mug while outside at a Renaissance Faire!

4 years ago

Every kind of beer exists--good or bad. You should try it, everyone needs disappointment in their life.

4 years ago
Also, I happened to glance at your registration stuff and noticed you were in Croatia. @Mayana is from Slovenia, I'm sure you too will be the best of friends because all peoples from Eastern European countries love each other and like to get along. (Particularly Slovenia which has an entire national anthem about it!)

4 years ago
There aren't that many conflicts between Slovenia and Croatia; Croatia and Serbia get along far worse. The vast majority of Slovenian tourists go to Croatia, so most of them at least like us for our money. Some of us can be idiots, of course, but stupid tourists are found everywhere.

Since I've been tagged, I guess I should try to help. But I'm not sure what the issue could be; you're likely using a computer, not a phone, and you don't seem like the type that would mess with developer settings or install NoScript. So uh, try clearing the cache?

Or just install Firefox. It's the better browser in my opinion anyway. And the play buttons definitely work there.

4 years ago

The only beef I know Croatia and Slovenia have ever had is about the sea. That's kind of a running joke in my hometown. 

Thank you! I think I will try Firefox!

IT DOES NOT HELP

4 years ago
You lack proper conviction in your clicks. If you do not believe in your clicks with the vigor of a thousand click beetles, your clicks will all before naught.

Click harder damnit!

IT DOES NOT HELP

4 years ago
Clicks with conviction.

IT DOES NOT HELP

4 years ago

IT DOES NOT HELP

4 years ago
Glinda, have you tried eating a few aphids and letting your children damage agricultural output?

4 years ago
Glinda, why are you a 'pupeteer'?

4 years ago

I really am one haha. with a degree and all - actress and puppeteer.

Also, I didn't get around to being that active on the site yet because I had to leave town and leave my lovely laptop and comfy wi-fi behind. But everyone here seems so nice! 

4 years ago

But the question was why you are a "pupeteer."

4 years ago

To learn the basics, making the mastery of Human Pupeteering easier to learn.

Clearly...

4 years ago

Exactly. Soon I'll be able to pull the strings of life

4 years ago
Welcome back! Any luck figuring out the issue you were having?

So you're a puppeteer in real life? That's pretty cool actually even if puppets are creepy as heck. Someone calling themselves a puppeteer on the internet usually has connotations that they're out to troll rather than "yes I actually have a degree in handling puppets" lol.

4 years ago
My daughter wants to be a puppeteer after seeing the new Dark Crystal series and the Making Of documentary.

That was some amazing stuff! ^v^

4 years ago
I still need to see that series, but I'm forever crippled by my lack of data. :(

4 years ago
It was really good. I ended up binge watching all the available seasons over the course of a few weekends recently.