Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Another Freshblood + Obligatory Admin Hate Speech

4 years ago

With the world ending and everything, my schedule has cleared out quite a bit, and a lot of my life has become digital--if not scrapped altogether. It was interesting for the first couple of days; I now had time to dedicate towards learning practical skills, towards reading, towards writing...

...Then reality struck. Waking up at 10 is a hell of a lot more pleasant than waking up at 6, and writing at Dark-thirty surely beats writing at Bright o' clock. My "practical skills" self-education included way more historics and verbiage than actual skills, and though I definitely had more time to dedicate towards reading and writing, it seemed as though the more I've read, the more I've understood just how my writing cannot compare to these printed books. I could hardly find any pointers to take away; the difference was sheer quality of storytelling.

Anyways, I guess the point is that since I can't even self-quarantine right, I might as well dally with you writers and reviewers while I piece together how you guys actually do it (because honestly, I've been lost at, "Just sit down and write.")

By the way--so as to not disrupt the current pattern of freshblood posts--you admins all suck. All of you. Ban me for exercising my right to speak, and I'll just come back as ImpiriTonggali1. Or ImpiriTonggalii, whichever you'd prefer. Cue mic drop.

4 years ago

Welcome to the forum!  If you're looking to improve your writing, you've come to the right place.  I'd recommend posting a short piece in the creative corner so people can give you some feedback.  That might give you an idea of how you can improve.  My only advice is to not worry so much about perfection, especially since you're just starting out.  Even the greatest writers on the site had to start somewhere; I guarantee they didn't get as good as they are now overnight. 

If you've spent a lot of time reading, you should already have some subconscious idea of how to tell a good story anyways.  Writing is just a matter of refining that instinct, and making it conscious.

4 years ago
I have a hunch they're no longer with us.

4 years ago

Already?  But why?  I thought they were just being sarcastic at the end there.

wait, NVM

4 years ago
I think if you ask for the Vietnamese sandwich, nine times out of ten you're going to get it. It's like pulling a hairbrush on the cops.

4 years ago
Wait, I bet he secretly wanted to be ImpiriTonggalii all along. Well *I* won't be giving him that satisfaction anyhow.

4 years ago
Perhaps you should change his name if that is truly his wish.

4 years ago

Still alive. Just trying to figure out how to post images here.

e. Nevermind solved it