Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Bit of an endurance run isn't it?

3 years ago

Hey, I've noticed that writing one of these is actually time-consuming. I don't know what I was expecting, honestly, but as it turns out my ability to write is limited strictly to my amount of patience, which is at an all-time low. Should I just post my story preemptively and update it as it grows, or should I wait till it's done?

3 years ago
You need to finish before posting, we don't really do 'part ones' here unless it's a pretty full length story in is own right, and even then there's a few reasons it's still just better to finish.

These really can be pretty difficult, and outside of a contest deadline it's perfectly fine and expected to take your time.

Now if you really just need the feedback, what you can do is make sure that Sneak Peek is turned on in Storygame Properties. This will let anybody with the title or URL access the story, so you can make a thread with a link and a little about it. The forum is kind of slow but there are some folks lurking around who can give pretty detailed advice and comments if you give them a little time.

3 years ago

Thank you.

3 years ago

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-curse-of-your-own-stupidity 

Like this?