Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

How to link a to a page in another chapter?

3 years ago

I may just be stupid, but I can't seem to find the option to link a page to a different one in a chapter with multiple pages.

EX: If I have a DEATH chapter,

it has 3 pages:

1. uncontrollable

2. stupid

3. crossfire

And i have another page where you would make a stupid decision and link it to page 2. It only says to link it to the chapter, but not a page selection. I'm probably just blind...

3 years ago

I mean, I'm not exactly the best at creating chapters and stuff..

If there really is no way, then I could just move it all to  one chapter

3 years ago
You can only link directly to whatever you have set as the first page of a different chapter. Now you could set it up so that the page that leads to those choices is also in the chapter, but there's a simple script that gets around it and will open up a lot of other possibilities.

Open up the link script box next to those choices, and use

$DEST := @P16
(replace 16 with whatever the page number is)

That's a system variable that will always let you override whatever you have a link connected to take the player to a specific page. Besides using it to jump between chapters, you can conbine it with variable checks to only have it trigger if some specific previous choice was made and you want to open up an alternate path based on that. It allows for a lot of flexibility.

3 years ago

Aw, yeah!

Thanks, Mizal!

3 years ago
Yeah, chapters are meant to be self contained, so when you go from one to another it only lets you start from the start of it. Unless you use scripting of course.

3 years ago

lul I sorta realied that after I put those in... :P