Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Post-Apocalyptic Story Contest Submissions Only

9 years ago

When you have finished your story, please post once with your submission. Include the title of your story and anything else you wish to post, within reason.

Good luck!

P.S. If we do not receive at least 5 submissions, there will be no contest, but those who submitted shall surely reap some reward, should their entries be a result of effort.

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE POSTING A SUBMISSION. ALL OTHERS WILL BE DEFILED, or at least stained, in some miniscule (or hideously savage) way.

9 years ago

This is being published a tiny bit early as I know I have no more time tonight or tomorrow to work on it. If I do miraculously find time I might try and do more spell checking... maybe...

2015 Competition entry: Apocalypse Yesterday

You are in a post apocalyptic world desperately trying to keep yourself going veby searching the crumbled ruins of what used to be, hell you don't know, just some huge city that used to be important. You know you have a goal now to get across the city to an area you heard a survivor talk about before they died, lots of people there, a whole community of survivors. So now all you think about it reaching it. The only trouble is surviving long enough to get there yourself.

Main note: The different branches in this story CAN overlap but many don't so while one path might seems short, there are several totally different paths to explore which each contain unique story and info. If you haven't seen all the places of interest, then you are missing a major branch. Also there are cameos for a large number of CYS members including all the judges lol

Something I must say here is that I have entered this right before the deadline and made it the best I could given the time restrictions however this is far from finished. It will most likely be riddled with spelling and grammar errors and there is even a distinct possibility of a page being linked wrong. If so I am sorry, however I said I would write something playable by the deadline and while it falls so far short of my own standards that it actually hurts to hit the publish button I feel that I have to.

Some paths might appear to rail-road you or kill you off prematurely, this is sadly because I was unable to finish them or they were the openings to newer arcs and had to be severed to have something to publish without broken end links.

I shall work on this story over the coming months and republish it later once it is finished. for reference this is at most roughly 1/3 of the final game plan...

Also there are multiple very different endings including, but not limited too; Romance ending, two Evil endings, A true good ending and an ambiguous ending. Let me know which onces you enjoy the most! Also places to see: Safe-Haven, The new coliseum, the gentlemans store, inside the stadium and the eastern bridge. Each of them is linked to a main arc.

9 years ago
I couldn't finish my original story. So, I wrote something in a day. Here is my kinda contest entry...well something is better than nothing.  Sometimes.

Title: Clear Sky - A PA Story
Category - Sci- Fi
Length - Fairly Short - 2500 words

Well...I guess that's it.

9 years ago

Title: The Other World

Summary: Set in the universe of "A Game of Life and Death," 978 years in the future -- in this alternate pathway, the evil sorceress has already taken over the world and enslaved humanity. With her bewitched, utterly loyal military of monsters and drones, she rules over our entire world with an iron fist. Submit or die are humanity's only options now--or... are they?

Note: I did not want to submit it like this, because I wanted to actually let you all play through the whole thing the first time. In its present state, it's far from perfect and I had to close off the entire fourth chapter in addition to  multiple features in the third, but this is as good as it'll get in the time I have left. It's not the best it could be, but it's playable. There are two possible "living" endings and multiple ways to die for the time being.

Regardless of what happens during this contest, like Forge, I also intend to unpublish this thing ASAP so I can actually complete it. It got close, very close, but I'm sick as a dog right now and I didn't have the heart to just ... not try, so ... this is the best I could do. I'd love to spend a few more hours spell-checking, fixing things, and coding in more features, but I feel like I'm about to pass out. Win or lose, hope everyone enjoys anyway, and thank you, Madglee, for inspiring me to write this.

P.S. The game itself explains how we went from the events of GOLAD to TOW, but if anyone wants a brief walkthrough of GOLAD to find the "bad ending" that gets you to the scene that inspired this spin-off "sequel," please let me know, I'd be delighted.

9 years ago

Undead Persona

This was actually finished a while ago, though I spent the extension trying to add a whole other branch that I haven't even finished yet. Either way, the story is completely self-contained with 4 official endings (and one other minor ending) and even though it's probably not the best entry or the longest, I'm proud of it just because I finished something so big and actually serious for once. Crazy I spent 6 months on this 65,000+ word story... and I simply feel great that it's over (even though I want to expand on it later maybe.)

There are also a couple of cameos in it, though I'll probably add in some more if I ever update the game. Cameos always feel a bit silly so they were hard to stuff into the game. Anything about the game can be found on its page.
So, here's hoping we get one more entry!

9 years ago

Four submitted!