Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

CYS Forum Game Tournament for XP!

8 years ago

Come one, come all -  Play Neo Commander - Army Ants (World Conquest!) for a token CYS XP Award!

This is a CYS-Wide Tournament (all are welcome) in homage to 3J's Famous Commander Forum Game and to encourage members who normally avoid our Forum Games section to come in and give it a whirl!

8 years ago

Cool! I'll try it!

8 years ago

You'll need to reply in the actual Game thread (see link above) ~

8 years ago

Sneaky attempt to find players for your own forum game? :P

8 years ago

Yes! No, of course not, I just want to make sure that folks who never look in the Forum Games anymore, are aware that it is here and that they are invited. I want it to be all inclusive. :)

8 years ago
The whole thread is a teal deer xD I read like 2 paragraphs and spent the rest of my time scrolling to find interest.

This is a wonderful way to "encourage members who normally avoid our Forum Games section to come in and give it a whirl!"

California is thirsty? Well, let's splash 'em a bit with a tsunami - I'm sure that's a great way to get the poor thirsty California people some water.
You need some seeds for your orchard? How about you have this entire jungle! :D

Point being this seems a bit extreme. I avoid Forum Games, and this only pushes me farther away. I'm sure it's not complex, I'm sure it's great fun, but it's like finding a middle-aged clown standing in your bedroom with BDSM gear...it looks like your going to die but you know you probably won't.

8 years ago

Yes, it does require reading a set of rules to play. Shame on a writing site to suggest such a novel approach. :P

8 years ago

... You-you-you're not even the least bit curious about the clown in BDSM gear?

8 years ago

Kiel already asked about that and ford explained before BZ deleted that part.

8 years ago

Tardy to the party, Malk. Berka wasn't, I was, and it was glorious.

8 years ago

I'm really surprized he missed it. He's usually quite punctual when it comes to thread derailments. XD

8 years ago

You're as logical as ever.

It's really not much reading and the rules are simple. For a self-proclaimed genius, you're sure easily intimidated by having to read writing on a writing website.

8 years ago
oh no 3J is here - no more shilly shallying for me!

In the sense that it is reading which pertains to Forum Games, a site section I actively avoid, it is an unexpected amount of instruction for a "simple game". I suggested that it was simply not that amount of instruction that would attract people similar to me (people who avoid the Forum Games) to play the game. Of course, I did use a bit of hyperbole for comedic relief. Sorry for the misunderstanding, perhaps a straightforward "I shan't be playing this game due to lack of interest in reading the instructions" would suffice.

8 years ago

The rules for Monopoly are more than 2600 words long (http://richard_wilding.tripod.com/monorules.htm). The rules for NC are 1559 and BZ put a lot of work into writing them. I think it's ridiculous to write it off because 1600 words is too many for you to read.

8 years ago
All you're doing is taking turns putting things on a board. It's really not complicated.

8 years ago

You didn't really come across comedic or sensible. You just sounded like a ninny. 

8 years ago

Sign-Up will be open Until Sunday July 5th. Tournament will Officially kick off Monday July 6th~

8 years ago

Wish I could use this as an excuse to get out of work. Well, thank you, BZ. I will try to participate. ^^;

8 years ago

Great googly moogly, what a load of fun this turned out to be. Thanks, BZ.

8 years ago

Thanks for the participation!

Can't wait to see the final battle haha!

8 years ago

The Battles have been decided!

The Grand Champion Gold Medal Winner Is...
ugilick!

---

Silver Medal Winner is...
Rosetail!

---

Bronze Medal Winner is...
Penworth!

8 years ago

Thanks to all CYS Participants for helping to make this event a great success!

8 years ago
And thank you!

8 years ago

Congrats Ugilick!

8 years ago

Thanks! It was allot of fun. I would say that it's a shame it's over, but it seems like I've got allot of Commander in my future! 

8 years ago

'Grats all!