Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

A new set of Site Guidelines is about to go into effect.

As of right now, there is a moratorium on creating Forum Games.

That means no new games, no interest threads, nothing.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

CYStian Forum Gamers! I have a plan! Evacuate to Derpino's forum! http://empireofthewolfgod.proboards.com/

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

For people looking for an actual RP site, my current recommendation is RP Nation. It has a decent number of members, and it works well on mobile (at least I assume that if it works on my five-year-old iPhone, it'll work on anything).

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

EotWG has a CYStian-only community, though. A lot of us don't know the RP Nation members, but all of the members in my forum are the most active/familiar of forum posters.

Besides, the ban has to be temporary.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

New Site Guidelines

The moratorium on forum games will extend for the rest of today (Monday). You can make new forum games tomorrow, but the new site rules are in effect.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

Does this mean nobody can post any new games at all?

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

@Starfighters76 The new guidelines have gone into effect. New games can be created but they must be system-based, not freeform. See the new guidelines post for more info.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

I have a noob question. Well, two, actually.

1. What are freeform and system-based games?

2. I am planning on writing a new story that isn't particularly mature and focuses on ridiculous and over-the-top actions/situations with excessive violence. Will it have any place here or is it doomed?

If it isn't obvious, I just joined today.

And thanks as well.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

Hi Starfighter, please post further questions in the new guidelines thread.

1. System games are games with thorough rule systems in place to prevent power-gaming. Freeform games are systemless or contain systems that don't sufficiently limit power-gaming.

2. If the quality of writing is good, you'll likely be fine. However, if the core concept of the story is that it's extremely 'random', and plotless, and without good characterization or branching, then it better be exceedingly funny.

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

I'm sorry...what is Power Gaming? Another Noob here...

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

That is to say: Godmoding or saying an action as though it will succeed, to any unwary GM, they will end up getting caught by this the first time and let that player have their way.

I feel Power Gaming is a shameful way to bolster 'self worth'...there are better ways than ruining the fun for others as it kills any dramatic tension and renders almost all efforts to make a good story moot. a GM can be guilty of this too but only if the actions HE does is without any reason as to WHY that happens...*I.E. Killing a Player by having a horse land on said player after it had fallen out of a plane without ANY FORM OF WARNING.*

No New Forum Games

8 years ago

An easy way to think of it is as a player's attempt to control the control the actions of other players or of the game itself , like...

"Michael threw a hard left hook, knocking Misha to the ground, then a pack of ravenous coyotes entered the room"

...instead of...

"Michael threw a hard left hook at Misha."