Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

v20170008 Update

Hi all,

Rather large update here. Changes that may be of particular interest are points 6, 11, and 14. Here’s the full list of what’s changed:

1. Included Exemplars without commendations on order dashboards.

2. Removed two broken links to articles that don’t exist (storygames page and PMs page)

3. Added a reminder not to ever give passwords out in the PMs page.

4. Fixed the commended/endorsed type on order dashboards.

5. Fixed the bug where users with Exemplar of Avon titles don’t get bolded usernames.

6. Removed the checkbox under posts that says ‘Notify me when…” When you post in a thread, you will automatically be notified when someone else posts, unless you disable that option from your profile settings. You can always manually watch or unwatch a thread by using the button near the top of the thread.

7. Fixed the bug where creating a new article throws an error.

8. When you maximize or resize a page popup within the advanced editor, the height of the text box should resize with you.

9. If you try to publish a storygame that hasn’t existed for two days, it will tell you precisely when you’ll be able to publish it.

10. All new users will receive a welcome message from cysid. This message is based on Malkalack’s (and IP’s) writing.

11. You can now write HTML in Private Messages. I might add a RTE here at some point.

12. Tiny typos in Account & Settings fixed and maturity levels fixed.

13. Fixed HTML in profile subsections.

14. Changed the front page categories. The first category mimics the top games list but the second category is new. It lists the top 5 games which you haven’t rated in terms of how close they are to getting enough votes to be ranked. Any story that is already ranked will never show up there and any story that you’ve already rated will never show up there.

15. Added contest winner trophies for @WouldntItBeNice and @Ogre11. Congratulations! These will go out the next time the trophy script is deployed (Saturday night).

16. Unpublished storygames can no longer be rated

17. Games with fewer than 10 ratings do not display a rating at all. This is to dissuade people from voting in the same fashion that other people did. (Anchoring)

18. Some sidebar and profile CSS has been fixed. Shoutout to @BradinDvorak for going above and beyond on this one; he really made my life easy.

I’d like to take this moment to ask people to really be clear in the Bugs & Problems section. Please give me as much information as possible, so that I have a chance to fix your problem. I’m sure I will have created some bugs in the course of building these changes!

Cheers,
3J

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Yay, I am the first to post! Thank you for another awesome update, 3J!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

First thing I did is uncheck that auto notification box.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Hopefully this post doesn't send you a notification?

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Yep, seems to work. No notification.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Fantastic!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Great stuff once again, thanks!

Did the idea of a different color for commended games on profile pages get scrapped?

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

For now.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Thanks 3J! It's great to see you still haven't gone completely mad through the frequent struggles with the site code. 

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

On the contrary, I'm starting to really understand it!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

No, I've not gone mad... I understand the code now... it speaks to me... it tells me to hurt people.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Have... to... burn the site down.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Praises and candies! My favorite is 14!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Thanks for keeping the updates coming!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
And hey, #13, intended or not, seems to have (mostly) fixed story summaries on profile pages, too.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Hooray!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Hooray! A new update. I particularly liked the 11th feature as HTML (and CSS) is possible in messaging! But... I wonder if it's possible for someone to send out clicky links that could possibly lead to disgusting pictures or videos or maybe someone could make some sort of JavaScript that sends messages to everyone or a person every second. Have you ever thought of those problems 3J?

e: Reporting messages via contact us would be too late if you already saw the clicky link.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Can't this be done on virtually any website, and couldn't this have been done in the past here using a URL shortener?

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Like 3J said, stuff like that can happen on any site. And that's what moderators are for, anyway.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Man, you've come a long way on this site.

Glad there's updates on some of the glitches that were bothering this site for a while.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Thanks!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Another amazing update!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Thank you!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Good work! And a special thanks to Brad! Keep up the good work, guys. :D

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Man, really loving these updates!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Berka has the bold red title? I thought nobody got any commendations yesterday

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Tiebreaker is EXP points!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Thank you for all your hard work to make CYS better and better! 

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Whoa, 14 is nice. Noticed it right away when I checked the site just now. Which is weird because I never even look at those front page games, but I guess the...shape of the words was different, or something? Either way I saw all these weird game titles immediately and it was bizarre. If it wasn't so late (and I didn't owe so many other people reviews >.>) I'd definitely spend some time checking them out.

It is weird not having the checkbox beneath this post, too. Though that reminds me, I need to get over to my profile and turn those notifications off entirely. (Maybe being turned off should be the default? How many people actually want notifications for every response to every one of their posts?)

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

(I do.)

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

I definitely like having them turned on as the default. Notifications might really coincide with forum participation -- we don't have the data to say otherwise. I have it enabled, personally.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
>>>
It seems like you've rated every story that doesn't have a ranking. Thank you!
>>>

You're welcome! ^v^

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Woohoo!

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Oh wow, that's much cooler than I thought! I thought it was just going to be random games that needed ratings, I didn't realize it would be games that YOU haven't rated! That is awesome.

Of course, it also points out the games that I haven't figured out how to finish, either...

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

And they're sorted / not random :)

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Just noticed that Recent Posts now show up as they do normally.

That's pretty cool and a neat addition.

Unless, Y'know, it was in an earlier update that I missed...

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

That would be #13 in this update.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

... Oh.

I didn't really understand what "Profile Subsections" were supposed to be...

Thank you, though.

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
I don't know if it was this update or a different one but thank you so fucking much for changing the preview of the story description that displays on your profile. It really annoyed me but now it looks beautiful!! Thanks xoxox

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
It's going to be beautiful

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
The Top 5 Storygames in Need on the main page is really working! Tons of stories are finally getting enough ratings to be ranked. :)

v20170008 Update

7 years ago

Yeah! Kill Amans Mustache is about to get ranked too :)

v20170008 Update

7 years ago
Sweet! ^v^