Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Just wondering, you guys read any Harry Potter books? They may seem old but they're still great teen books that kids and adults can enjoy.

EXPECTO PATRONUM! - The Dementor Ward Spell

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Yeah, I read them all twice. I enjoyed them, and my friend is definitely in love with them. They are quite decent books, although I find myself forgetting the finer details of the books due to either my faulty memory or perhaps being overwhelmed by reading them all. But I enjoyed them.

Harry Potter

9 years ago

I'm willing to bet that most of the people on here have read at least one ... or at the very least, they've seen at least one of the movies.

Harry Potter

8 years ago

I have not seen the movies either

Harry Potter

8 years ago

Oh? The series is entertaining in my opinion, you should check it out.

(Also, you just necro'd, which is usually discouraged here.)

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Read the first book. Disliked it immensely.

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Never read 'em. Maybe when I run out of Redwall books I'll give it a go.

Harry Potter

9 years ago

No. Movies are so much better.

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Excuse moi!

Harry Potter

9 years ago

They are. Why use your mind as a tv when you can just see the movie.

Harry Potter

9 years ago

What? I think that's just dumb. Reading is way better than watching.

When you read a book you imagine every scene and you see every single detail, including how the very characters themselves feel inside. It's like directing your very own movie, and it's like you are watching the scene right before your eyes. 

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Watching the movie only is the lazy option. Reading the book allows you to see the characters and the scenes in your own way, in your own light. You get to direct your own movie, as Pemworth said. You also get to see how the true storyline goes. Most directors change scenes and sometimes delete them. They also add their own scenes. The book shows how the story was meant to go, how the author wanted it to be. You can miss a lot if you just watch the movies.

Watching the movies is fine, but it is better to read the books beforehand. Reading is also better for you.

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Amen!

Harry Potter

9 years ago

Movie THIS, bitch!

Harry Potter

9 years ago

That would be... Difficult.