Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Warriors Series...Anyone?

8 years ago

I love warriors, but I hate the fanfics on here. These amazing cats deserve better.

8 years ago

There are at least three other Reading Corner threads on Warriors...

I'd also like to say that the cats are not "amazing" at all. In fact, towards the end of the series, they are Mary Sues and Gary Stus. Uninteresting.

8 years ago

Towards the end, yes. Everything I want to happen never happened. They were really boring. But the middle two series were good.

I made another warriors thread!...Hooray?

8 years ago

Ugh, yes. Mary Sues, Gary Stus everywhere! The first six were great, the second six were pretty good, and the third just felt like a parody of the first two. Don't give the cats powers. That's when it really felt like a series of books aimed at children only. I haven't read the newest ones, Dawn of the Clans, right? But I'm hoping that they do the series justice along with the NEXT SIX they've already announced.

Let it end.

As big of a fan as I am, for the love of StarClan, if you aren't going to stay grounded in the reality of the first six, let it END.

8 years ago

The one with Firestar (the first books Erin Hunter wrote for Warriors) was, in my opinion, the best. Love the part when Tigerstar was ripped open from tail to face by Scourge. yes

I read one Dawn of the Clans book, "Thunder Rising." Actually quite dull.

8 years ago

Scourge killing Tigerstar was pure fanwank.

8 years ago

That's... disappointing, to say the least.I hope the next one, whatever it will be, will do it justice. I think it follows Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw's kits. 

My biggest problem with the third and fourth series, apart from the ridiculous names, Lionblaze? Maggottail? Was that they gave the cats powers. Don't get me wrong when I say that it's completely unrealistic, I know StarClan and the Clans in general are unrealistic, but when you write a universe you need to keep your stories in the universe. Nothing in the first books said anything about cats having powers. Even with Yellowfang's... thing. It's stupid. 

8 years ago

Yellowfang's "thing" is a real condition.

True, the cat power stuff is just too much.

8 years ago

Huh. I did not know that.

But invincibility and hearing/seeing everything is just... (Ridiculous isn't a strong enough word)

8 years ago

Yep, you learn something new every day. XD

Insane? Is that the word you're looking for?

8 years ago

Downright fucking stupid, maybe? Invincibility screwed up the series.

8 years ago

That's the one.

8 years ago

You've gotta admit, Jayfeather's power was kinda cool.

Er, yeah. Invisibility screwed it up.

8 years ago

I must've missed the part where a cat turned Invisible. 

8 years ago

Sorry, I meant invincible, not invisible. (It's pretty easy for me to mix those words up.)

8 years ago

I get that, but I also can't pass up the chance for a joke.

8 years ago

Close. Insane is Dovewing's power.

8 years ago

What anime is your avatar from?

8 years ago

Lionblaze is 420 blaze it CONFIRMED!1!1!11!!!

He was the cat who predicted CYSClan!

8 years ago

I agree with everything that you just said...................including your username