Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Tiny people

8 years ago

I finished reading Indian in the Cupboard for the millionth time and the idea of tiny people just amazed me. Could you imagine dozens of tiny people living with you, slowly building a settlement in your backyard , using. Branches and stones as building materials. that would be the shit! 

It isn't far from reality ethier, if the government let loose on the restrictions to cloning, minature people could be a thing of the future, it would save a lot more time  than tryin to figure out a way to shrink people. But in the end, it all comes down to ethics.

What do you guys think

Tiny people

8 years ago

I think you should make a promotional story game.

Tiny people

8 years ago

To busy making a linear one about it xD the amount of choices needed in a CYOS for this kind of thing makes my head hurt lol.

Tiny people

8 years ago

Really? I think it's a pretty simple process. You just have to start with the ends. Then, you throw together a storyline and add some details. After all, the branching choices generally have no real impact on the main storyline. It's just the reader seeing it that way. My problem is that I'm way to lazy to actually finish any of my stories.

Tiny people

8 years ago

If I would do a CYOS game on it I would add, the villagers build a church, build a stonery, bakery etc. Each one of those paths would have to have a different path as it would affect the villagers differently, that's why I don't use any major altering decisions in story games like building or it would turn into a drag,   There's going to be a way simplar way to do it that I'm missing but I'm just to focused on details that make it more difficult for me untill I give up  xD

Then like you said halfway in I get lazy and ditch it lol.

Tiny people

8 years ago

Hmm... Let's think about it logically. Let's say, for example, that the game has one definite ending—they all die. It starts with about 10 little people. Over time, as you make beneficial choices, the pop. will increase. So, we branch it off into, I don't know, three different main lines. A, B, and C. Eventually, all of these lines must end back at the ending; E. We can have smaller branches coming from A; such as: A1; A2; etc. The hard part is filling in the variables. The science of it is easy.

Tiny people

8 years ago

Now that you put it that way it does seem simpler, let's say path A and B are doomed to fail, that leaves just 3 paths, with one having the longest branch. eventually all buildings will be made to finnaly acheive the ending.

Ill give it a shot. Thanks for the motivation :D

Tiny people

8 years ago

Anytime, man. In fact, if you'd let me, I'd like to co-author this. Mainly because I know that I'm never going to finish a story on my own, and you admitted that you'll probably ditch it anyhow. If we're both working on it, maybe we can stay motivated. How's that sound?

Tiny people

8 years ago

That would be awsome, espically since you got the outline figured out, I need someone to help me not branch off into to many pathways to make it unfinshable and I''m not to experienced in thorough writing ethier xD

Tiny people

8 years ago

The last thing we need are the psychopath school shooters of the future playing Total War Shogun with actual bloodshed involved...

Tiny people

8 years ago

Yea your right,it would be a SHAMEFUR DISRAY!!

Tiny people

8 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4-E5Hs3Kc

Oh sh*t, we got tiny people!

Tiny people

8 years ago

Oooo! Maybe you could use this idea of tiny people to help excuse your location stat...Just say someone mistook you for some sort of morsel of food a little while ago.