Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Read anything funny lately?

8 years ago

I mean, really, really funny.

Do I have something to recommend? No. No, I do not. So, why am I asking? Two reasons:

1, I could use some freaking laughs right now. I've been depressed, sick, busy, agitated as hell, and I want to get into the Christmas spirit, but I'm all out of "jolly" so I'd like something to laugh at. (Preferably something I can take to work with me, where wifi is not currently an option.)

2, Sonic was talking about what made us cry not that long ago. Let's hear from the other end of the emotional spectrum. I wanna know what makes your sides split.

8 years ago

Wait, you're telling me that the Christmas spirit isn't depressed, sick, and agitated as hell? Damn, I've been doing it wrong the last 20 years.

If you tried doing what I do for laughs, though, it would either have no effect or make you more depressed.

8 years ago

So I'm told. 

I'm kind of curious now. What is it you do?

8 years ago

The novelization of The Room made me laugh. 

8 years ago

Funny bad, I assume?

8 years ago

The movie is bad.  But the novelization is by someone who can actually write, & has comic timing.

8 years ago

hmm..you could try the text adventure version of 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', It has a lot of amusing moments filled with witty situations and dialog, and is absolutely brimming with creativity. I'd give it a go.