Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Recent YA books (Because I fail at making threads)

7 years ago

Is anyone caught up with the latest (good) YA books? I haven't been reading much lately (reading books much, to be exact), and I'm not caught up with anything.

Any YA books you recommend (especially recent ones and ones where the series is actually completed because I hate waiting *usually forgets about book two weeks later*)?

7 years ago
IBV told me to read The Monstrumologist, which was uncharacteristically good for a YA book.

7 years ago

oooh. It looks interesting enough.

7 years ago

The Monstrumologist is my favorite YA series,wooooooooow. It's so good. All gothic-horror-why-is-this-happening-daddy-issues and stuff. I actually named my Bloodborne character Will Henry. And a movie is supposed to come out some time...?

A lot of people get peeved off at the last book. I liked it still, but I got terribly depressed.

7 years ago

Pls spoil

7 years ago

Nope nope! Cos' there is so much adventure in between, it wouldn't make sense anyway! The last book is like all the other books at once...but like, high. But here's sorta spoilers!

The Monstrumologist, Pretty Much Basically (By Title):

1) The Monstrumologist, also known as "Will Did Nothing Wrong"

2) The Curse of the Wendigo, or "The Doctor Finally Loses His Virginity"

3) The Isle of Blood, or "Will Did Something Wrong (Twice)"

4) The Final Decent, also titled "No No No No"

7 years ago

O.o Oh dear. I'm rethinking this. xD

7 years ago

Oh no! There's nothing terribly inappropriate! It's just, uh, a little bloody and I suppose a bit cruel at times, but a decent amount of the book is the Doctor wistfully blabbing romantic poetry about how his father never loved him and maybe Will Henry being confused about morals or something. The last book isn't inappropriate, it's just...you go a long way with the characters, and you may not like how they end up.

7 years ago

I have a steel heart toward my characters, and it takes much to hate how they end up. >_> *needs to collect more B&N gift cards*

7 years ago

The Monstrumologist is a fantastic horror adventure series with amazing characters, trust me. It won't disappoint you, even if you're just looking for a new character to emotionally latch onto.

I also recently read Carry On, Simon, which was pretty great. It was like gay Harry Potter, if you like that sort of thing. Very fun. I'm normally not into that stuff, but with Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell got me hooked.

I'll Give You The Sun is one of my favorites, PS. Family drama and good characters. A movie is also coming out and i'm worrying a lot BUT WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS HA.

7 years ago

>-< Darnit. I don't have time to read now, but I feel like I really want to. *slams fist against table* *sighs*