WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Message

Discuss your favorite books.

Question for my Fellow CYS Members

6 years ago

Good evening, boys and girls. I've been stuck at home sick for about a week straight (Chicken pox, as embarrassing as that is to say out loud) so out of sheer boredom I've decided to make up a christmas list and was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for some books to throw on there. Thanks in advance.

6 years ago
Slaughterhouse 5

for escape literature:
Peeps
Abhorsen Trilogy
The Dresden Series

Those are all so so sweet.

6 years ago

Knew you'd give me a good answer on this. You pretty much read my mind on the first two. I'll check out the other ones. Thanks, dude.

6 years ago

For a real timesink, try Ian Irvine's tales of three worlds. They're epic fantasy, usually involving magical artifacts with a dark, mysterious history. Eleven books so far, in three series, and a few centuries have elapsed.

You'll need a lot of time on your hands.

6 years ago

I love SH-5.  Probably one of my favorite books, if not my favorite.

American Gods

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

A Confederacy of Dunces

6 years ago

Haven't read any of the "escape literature." Going to take a look.

6 years ago
They're fun/enjoyable, take next to no time to read and can inspire creativity but don't really teach you much. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I read the Dresden series throughout my europe trip - mostly on trains - and the other two were also awesome.

6 years ago

Ice Station by Matthew Reilly is pretty sweet. Not a dull moment. Still, haters gonna hate.

6 years ago

Thanks, Rommel. and c'mon madglee, where the hell are your recommendations? lol I was hoping for some good ones from you, bro.

6 years ago

Oh, I forgot. Best book I've read all year was Mogworld by Yahtzee Crosshaw. Its about some self-aware mmorpg characters in a beta test, when one of the programmers goes mad with power. It's pretty funny, got references to the absurdity of mmo features and some hilarious text messages between the real-world programmers.

Oh, and the protagonist is a zombie.