Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Movies

9 years ago

So I guess every few months a thread about video games pops up, and later (or before) a thread about movies. I guess to keep with that trend, let's have the movie equivalent of the video games thread.

So how about it? What's your favorite movie/genre of movie?

I'm into post-apocalyptic stuff, so my favorite movie has to be Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.

Movies

9 years ago

Der Untergang

Movies

9 years ago

Isn't that the movie where all those clips of angry Hitler yelling come from?

Yeah, that's a great movie.

Movies

9 years ago

My favorite movies would be the grey vs grey / emotional movies. Big Hero Six, Maleficent are my favorite grey vs grey and emotional, Jack and the Cuckoo Clock Heart is my favorite movie ever.

Movies

9 years ago

I haven't seen Big Hero Six, Maleficent, or Jack and Cuckoo Clock Heart. I wanted to see the first two, and I haven't even heard of the third.

Movies

9 years ago

The third one is on Netflix if you have it. It's not grey vs grey though.

Movies

9 years ago

I'm poor, so I don't have Netflix. I just pirate them like normal poor people.

Movies

9 years ago

?

Movies

9 years ago

Pirating movies is what poor people without Netflix do when they want to watch a movie. It's an amazing but illegal thing.

Movies

9 years ago

? = confuzzlement about what you mean about pirating a movie.

Movies

9 years ago

Putlocker.is is a great example. You can find pretty much any movie there and just watch it. There's ads that you have to close every time you click, but it's worth it.

Movies

9 years ago

Okay. Makes sense. My sister did that for stuff we couldn't find on netflix.

Movies

9 years ago

Yes, yes, it's great, but mind you; it's pretty illegal or somethingidontfuckingknow.

Movies

9 years ago

@Chris113022 Putlocker isn't illegal it streams movies which is actually legal

Movies

9 years ago

Is it actually illegal though? It's a very fuzzy area of law.

Movies

9 years ago

Baymax is possessed by the kid's brother. Just saying.

Movies

9 years ago

Spoilers:

I was really hoping it would turn out the masked guy was Hiro's brother.

Seriously- they're having a moment, and he's suddenly like "oh you go on without me"

Where does he need to go? It's night time, and all his friends have been established to have gone to the cafe, where he sends Hiro to go without him.

The only reason he needed to go off on his own was so he could die in the fire.  I figured for sure he was faking his death.

Movies

9 years ago

I just find it strange how Baymax, a soulless fucking robot, insists that "Takashi. Is. Here!" and stares at his empty bedroom, then somehow suspiciously gains the ability to feel empathy... And then never runs out of battery again... and knows exactly when to show the kid that video... And the guy's own name is scrawled on the memory card...

Movies

9 years ago

It's Tadashi, not Takashi.

I'm compensating for the fact that I have a very small penis. 

Movies

9 years ago

The point still stands, I don't know how anyone else didn't come to the conclusion that Baymax is a haunted-ass robot.

Movies

9 years ago

Why are there black blocks blocking my view?

Movies

9 years ago

Highlight them with your mouse.

Movies

9 years ago

Or finger.

Movies

9 years ago

I can't!!

Movies

9 years ago

What are you using? A computer mouse? A mobile?

With the former, just drag the mouse over the blackness and it will appear highlighted. With the latter, it might not work. I've often had problems with spoiler blocks on Reddit and gameFAQs with Mobile.

Movies

9 years ago

You click a part of the black part and hold it. Then it will highlight a single word, then pull the circles on the edges of the word to reveal more.

Movies

9 years ago

It's a spoiler block. Highlight the text and you'll be able to see it.

Movies

9 years ago

Baymax looks like that marshmallow thing from Ghostbusters.

Movies

9 years ago

Big Hero Six?

I knew it would happen. 

Japan took over America! "San Franstoyko"?! 

Movies

9 years ago

Yeah ... I enjoyed Maleficent a lot more than I thought I would.

Movies

9 years ago

'A Serbian Film'- Look it up on YouTube.

Movies

9 years ago

Again, it's like "favorite movie how?"

Right this minute, I guess . . . Upstream Color?

@iqqih Do please discuss further: I'd love to know what about A Serbian Film makes it your favorite. (I'm assuming you actually meant this, and didn't just want to mention the movie for shock value. Oh, or is it the shock value of claiming it as a favorite that you enjoy?)

Movies

9 years ago

Maybe it's the shock value in the movie itself? Although I really doubt Iqqih actually enjoys it for any of its own merits.

Movies

9 years ago

It is by no stretch of the imagination the best movie I've ever seen. However, it's one of my favourites because of who I watched it with and the reactions we all had. It's more the atmosphere and the people, although the film wasn't bad.

Movies

9 years ago

My favorite movie genre has to be action/hand to hand combat. My favorite movie from this genre is Mortal Kombat.

Movies

9 years ago

Mortal Kombat is a bad movie, but I think it's one of the best video game to movie adaptations, in history.

(Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, but more in a guilty pleasure sense. That, and I have Mortal Kombat nostalgia, from both the games [mostly MKII], and the movie.)

Movies

9 years ago

xD I never thought I'd see someone list that as their favorite. It's ... amusing, though.

Movies

9 years ago

Do you play Mortal Kombat the games? Then MKX just released about a week ago.

Movies

9 years ago

Cannibal Holocaust.

Movies

9 years ago

See my comment to iqqih.

Movies

9 years ago

I find it both disturbing and cool that they actually killed real animals in the movie. 

Movies

9 years ago

I can't come up with one.

Movies

9 years ago

I'm a sucker for well-made kid's movies. Lilo & Stitch is probably my all-time favorite.

The recent crop of superhero movies have been fun, too. ^_^

Movies

9 years ago

XD What about Leroy and Stitch?

Movies

9 years ago

Haven't seen it. Or the TV show. I kind of doubt that either live up to the original.

Movies

9 years ago

Leroy and Stitch is another movie, and it has all the same characters except for one addition. So it is like a sequel to the origional.

Movies

9 years ago

Are you recommending it? Because Rotten Tomatoes sure isn't... ;P

Movies

9 years ago

An owl after my own heart, then. :P

Movies

9 years ago

Watership Downs. ^_^

Movies

9 years ago

Top 5 Anime Movies:

Princess Mononoke 

Spirited Away

Ghost in the Shell

Akira

My Neighbor, Totoro

Top 5 Superhero Movies:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Chronicle

Guardians of the Galaxy

Days of Future Past

X-Men 2

Top 5 Comic-book adaptations:

Watchman

Dredd (the one with Karl Urban)

The Crow

Hellboy

Movies

9 years ago

Studio Ghibli is fucking amazing. There stuff is consistently 9/10, 10/10 material.

Movies

9 years ago

But... But 4/5 of your comic-book adaptations are also superhero movies!

Movies

8 years ago

Sure, but not traditionally.

Movies

9 years ago

Favorite genre? Probably fantasy. Broad enough to eclipse the horrific, the bizarre, and the enchanting.

Movies

9 years ago

So my favorite movie of all time is probably Pulp Fiction.

" Does Marcellus Wallace look like a bitch?"

" What?"

*shoots Brad in the arm*

"DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?"

"No!"

"THEN WHY DID YOU TRY AND FUCK HIM LIKE A BITCH, BRAD?!"

I laugh so hard at this every time I watch this movie. Also the date between Travolta/Thurman is fantastic too. And Marvins death is just like wow XD

Movies

8 years ago

"When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead N****r Storage?"

"No. I didn't."

"You know WHY you didn't see that sign?"

"Why?"

"'Cause it ain't there, 'cause storing dead n****rs ain't my fucking business, that's why!"

Movies

9 years ago

The Dark Knight was good, purely by virtue of Heath Ledger and Morgan Freeman.