Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

FML

8 years ago

You might have heard me previously seen me post about my irrational fear of ants. Well guess who has an ant infestation in his house? 

FML

8 years ago

That sucks.

Ant invasions can be really damn annoying. If you start killing them by hand (Because you just happen to spot a few), more are attracted to their dead fellow's pheromones unless you're wiping everything down with vinegar or something.

Oddly I found spraying WD-40 around the edges of the back door and doorways to be somewhat effective in curbing them. Then liberal use of ant traps and sprays dedicated to poisoning them solved the problem.

FML

8 years ago

>.>
<.<
>.>

I think ants are super cool...
But if they're in your space, you must lay waste.

FML

8 years ago

Make them do cage matches! I used to do that all the time as a kid. It was even cooler when I got a huge carpenter ant and a smaller red ant together in a see-through plastic cup and they started ripping each other apart (red won).

Can't imagine having a fear of those buggers, though, so you got my sympathies.

FML?

8 years ago

What's "FML" got to do with an invasion of clearly malevolent ants in your house plotting to do you in while you sleep?

FML

8 years ago

Yes, and I know exactly where that link is going.

FML

8 years ago

It got so bad after season four. Agh.

FML

8 years ago

I've enjoyed every season, and usually I'm the first to claim shows have gone downhill haha.

FML

8 years ago

Season 5 was meh (hilarious sometimes, but downright awful pther times), and I couldnt get through the second episode of season six. Ugh. So bad.

FML

8 years ago

Dish soap onto their entrances.

FML

8 years ago

That sounds very, very wrong.

FML

8 years ago

*Entry points

*Infiltration points

*Whatever part of Hell they crawled out of

FML

8 years ago

Ugh. I fucking hate ants. 

FML

8 years ago

The situation you're in could actually/most likely be fate trying to help you overcome your fear of them.

FML

8 years ago

Set some ant traps down around your door And if you sprinkle some rat poison in the traps it'll keep the coon population down around your house to You just gutta toss the bodys into the forrest befor people notice them...

FML

8 years ago

Well if you're not scared of cockroaches, you could create a cockroach infestation and they keep the ant numbers down.

FML

8 years ago
Creating a cockroach infestation to beat an ant infestation doesn't sound like the greatest of ideas...

FML

8 years ago
It doesn't sound like a good idea but it is.

FML

8 years ago
But instead of having a bunch of tiny little fucks, you'd have a bunch of not-so-tiny fucks. Plus they can eat a lot.

FML

8 years ago
Just hide the food and say you threw it outside and they'll go away.

FML

8 years ago

I have one too. It's been like a month and we used traps and poisons and everything, didn't kill them off. They're sneaky little bastards.

FML

8 years ago

About a week ago, my dad made my six year old sister some waffles with syrup. An hour later we noticed a trail of ants going into the cupboard. It was leading to the syrup feasting off of what was on the outside since the cap was closed completely. My dad then unscrewed the cap pouring the syrup in the sink, only to discover thousands of dead ants pouring out along with it. 

We still haven't told my little sister and don't plan to.

FML

8 years ago

Augh. >_<

We keep our honey in the fridge during the summer, even though the honey practically solidifies. I am not clear on how ants can get through a screwed-on lid, but apparently they can. >_<

FML

8 years ago

Try drawing eldritch symbols around it.

This works best if you draw  the symbols in bug spray

FML

8 years ago
mint extract or a mixture of sugar and bleach