WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Scary, Unerving, Ominous, or Creepy Stuff?

one year ago

What is the scariest thing you've ever seen, heard, experienced?

Links to webpages, videos, and images would be nice. Unless you can post them here.

one year ago

Oh God! This is awful!

one year ago

Whoa! definitely not what I expected.

one year ago

In other news, Beardon87 is still not funny. 

one year ago

Fuck, I'm melting.

one year ago

that bloody baby head from steins gate made me flip my shit. In fact the entirety of steins gate gives me nightmares.

one year ago

one year ago

Seriously, that was lame as fuck.

one year ago

one year ago

Everyone's seen it.

one year ago

one year ago

At least this was more creative. Not even remotely creepy, though.

one year ago

You're a buzzkill, ye know that?

one year ago
Let me show you guys what scary is.... (i dare you to play this in the dark, with the sound up high) XD ClickHereifUdare

one year ago

I don't get it.

one year ago
Play the game!! Or just fastforward to the end of the video lol

one year ago

one year ago
Nevermind that one didn't show it... darn

The only game that ever made me jump lol... download it i dare ya

one year ago
But honestly, the scariest thing I ever experienced? I would share the pics but no way am I linking my fb page.... last year a bullet came through my bedroom window, two inches in front of my nose, and lodged in the door behind me. Scariest shit ever!!! One minute I'm standing there just brushing my hair, and the next I'm on the floor with glass everywhere... I swear I thought I was dead there for a second...

one year ago

You can re-upload an image to a website like Imgur or Postimage. You don't have to link your FB to show us. 

one year ago
Thanks, Malkalack. Here are two of the pics I took from my room the next morning when I could actually see the bullet hole...OMG! Pic1 Pic2

one year ago
Shotgun slug? Looks kind of big.

one year ago
I don't know... the cops said something about high caliber... maybe a rifle. I was still in shock at the time, so I don't really remember. All I know is the very next day, after I took those pics, I hightailed it outta there lol. I only wish now that I put all my stuff in storage or something. I only took what would fit in my truck... :/

But hell, I have kids... I think anyone would have done the same.

one year ago

Well, damn. That was a close shave. Most of my scares involve other people nearly dying, but I nearly drowned when I was three or so, and I did blackout from blood loss at sixteen after narrowly escaping losing a finger...

one year ago
Ouch.... I have other stories, but he asked for the scariest. You blacked out? Yeah, always sooo much blood, especially head injuries.

one year ago

There's something really weird about watching yourself bleed. Thank fuck I've only been cut badly once. 

one year ago
Darn, now y'all having me wanting to share the second scariest/funniest thing that ever happened to me lol.

one year ago

Twice in my case. (If anyone cares: 9 years old, very sharp filet knife and an exceptionally stupid idea, split my thumb in half down to the cuticle, and again, 16. mirror shards, cut to the bone on my hand and nearly took off my right pinky. The skin's still screwed up, so there's a weird groove on my knuckle. xD And now Breezy can feel better about sharing, haha.)

one year ago
I was 10, and I got hit in the face with a golf club. Scary seeing myself in the mirror at the hospital covered in blood from head to toe with half my skull visible. (I got hit in the temple.) The funny part... well when it first happened I was clutching my face so tight that no one could tell how bad it was... the golf ball was laying at my feet covered in blood and everyone thought it was my eyeball!! Wasn't funny then, but now it cracks me up... lol

one year ago

Lol ... xD time has a way of making a lot of things pretty funny. That said, having your skull exposed from a blow with a golf club sounds incredibly painful. >_<

one year ago
I was 10, I don't really remember the pain lol. But I did get 32 stitches... my family nicknamed me Scarface for awhile, but now the scar is hardly even visible unless you know it's there.

one year ago

Yeah, I just pity your ten year old self. 32, geez--though that is arguably one of the more badass nicknames any kid ever had.

one year ago
Not for a girl.... :/

one year ago

xD That depends on the girl. I've known some who would've loved it.

one year ago

Ugh, that reminds me of the time I fell off a ladder when I was three. It was facing the wrong way, and even had a sign saying not to climb up that side, but I didn't let that stop me. Naturally, I slipped off and smacked my head against the concrete sidewalk. No stitches, but I've had a bump on the left side of my forehead ever since.

one year ago

"...but I've had a bump on the left side of my forehead ever since."

Maybe you're just finally growing horns, hitting that dragon puberty.

one year ago

This is hard for me to answer, in terms of experience. I've experienced quite a few really bad things and generally, I wasn't afraid. I've mentioned this in past threads--it's not like I was being brave or anything, my brain's just oddly practical. It had other stuff to do / think. With personal injuries, it was stuff like 'stop the bleeding' / 'damn that hurt' and with injuries to other people, I was occupied by adrenaline and problem solving.

I can tell you what the most disturbing thing I saw on TV as a little kid was, though. Some woman opened up a large oven and found her male friend's corpse inside, partially baked into a cake. I would've laughed if I saw it today, but back then, the concept gave me nightmares. (All the pain of burning to death with all the fear of being fatally trapped in a small space with no escape.)

one year ago
I totally agree with the first part... the only thing that actually scared me since I was kid was that bullet thing, and I was only scared cause I literally thought I was dead...

And damn.... that's messed up. Any kid would've freaked at seeing that!

one year ago

Was that inspiration for that scene in TOW?

one year ago

Nope. It was inspiration for a scene in GOLAD.

one year ago

Heard of something some people did on the deep web a few months ago, it went a little something like this; so basically some psycho surgeon would kidnap some girl between the ages of 12-15 or something, cut off all her limbs and replace the stubs with some kind of metal which they would attach hooks onto so they could chain her to a wall. 

Then they would play with/ rape her or something while being broadcasted to a bunch of other sickos.

Sweet dreams from yours truly.

Oh yeah, warning graphic and stuff.

one year ago

Pretty much 1.00nothing% of everything you hear about the deep web is true. There's nothing really interesting there, unless you're Nmelssx.

one year ago

one year ago

Not very creepy or spooky at all, but I was pulled out by a riptide once. (tl;dr at bottom)

Just hanging out on the beach when I met a kid, maybe about 8 years old (I was 10 or so). One moment we were talking, and the next he's trying to cling onto me and pull me down. I started struggling to throw him off when I realized we were pulled WAY off shore, with the water about two feet above my head. With no prior swimming experience whatsoever, I found myself looking down into an empty black abyss, with my feet exposed to God knows what scary monster lies waiting underneath the murky water 7 or so feet below..

Still gives me the shivers sometimes, and I've always had a fear of deep open water. The story ends with me struggling not to drown as I half-floated around the beach with my thoroughly terrified cargo. I went under multiple times, but managed to hold my breath and kick off the floor until I was able to drag us both back on shore, vomiting and all the while crying for our mommies (who had no clue what terrifying misadventures had just transpired).

tl;dr Almost downed in 20-feet of water while fighting off sharks, Nessie, and various other Eldritch horrors whilst carrying a damsel in distress to shore. 

one year ago

Nothing really spooky other than the fact that I have a recurring mirage at funerals sometimes, once touched my own skull, and some other things. Never really been super freaked out, just very concerned.

one year ago

OooooooOOOooooOOOooooOOO

one year ago

I have had a bout of chain nightmares where I could feel the muscles in my eyes moving but I couldn't open them/wake up. Then another one where I decided I would wake up just to see if I could and started blinking really fast, but someone sitting next to me got really worried and said "No, don't."

YOU OOO-ING BASTARD!

one year ago

Buttermilk biscuits.

one year ago

GODDAMMIT!

one year ago

Have you ever had a dream in which you woke up and discovered that something really bad that happened in real life was just a dream?

one year ago

This is highly offensive. You're lucky I didn't break out the Ford copypasta.

one year ago

Offensive, how?

one year ago
You're a filthy quick-editing fox is what you are. It is known.

one year ago

Hey man, he's not the  one calling for the genocide of white people. 

EDIT: How is it that you edit it a minute before I respond, on a two hour post?

one year ago

Well, I don't know what your virulent hate for Black people and dwarves had to do with my post, but it was there before you changed it to buttermilk biscuits. I'm sure everyone saw you heiling Hitler and everything.

one year ago

Now you're just pulling stuff out of your cloaca.

one year ago

I don't have a cloaca! Penguinites came from apes! The kind with penisses! In fact, if you got out a microscope, you'd find that our feathers are actually tightly packed hairs bonded together with natural resins and shielded with skin oils. We have vestigial gum indents on the roofs of our beaks! Elves are the ones with cloacas!

It was totally there. Totally.

one year ago

Sounds like sleep paralysis. 

one year ago

When Trump...

one year ago

Scary -

The time I cracked my head open when I was 6, and had to get stitches. Although I'd have to say that playing around on a lamp pole and slipping/getting my leg sliced open by a rusty power box attached to said light pole is a close 2nd. Also when I was 6. Or maybe the time I thought I was paralyzed, because I slipped off the monkey bars and landed flat on my back where I heard a pop, and couldn't feel anything for a few moments. Age 6, of course. Moving for the first time, leaving friends, the home I'd grown up in, that was scary as well. (Oh, guess what, age 6 too!) 

Six was a scary time overall. 

Unnerving - 

Seeing my parents yelling/arguing before they got divorced. 

Ominous - 

One of my friends is a little slow and is highly childish, and just as innocent. Greets people with 'Rawr~!' and pulls up her arms like a T-rex, and then if you reply with 'Ahhh!' or something to indicate you're fake-scared, she says 'Yay!' and runs off, or if you don't, then walks off head down and disappointed. Very against cussing, or inappropriate references, or any sort of violence. 

.....and then I find out THIS is her favorite song, that she listens to on repeat all the time. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH4BNijlWlY]

Creepy - 

Isn't that just a synonym to Ominous?

one year ago

Several years ago, I watched my stepdad wrap his hands around my mom's throat and try to choke her while he was drunk.

On the "ominous" note, one of my little cousins who lives with my grandmother (my mom's mother; who I lived with until...recently) has a tendency of having a perfectly normal conversation with someone then making an out-of-the-blue comment about how she wonders what it's like to kill someone or how you would go about summoning a demon or whether she should become a veterinarian and then start brutalizing people cat's with gardening implements so that she gets paid to heal 'em. I'm not even kidding about the last part. Granted, I had just told her that I had a friend studying pre-vet at ATU and that I had another friend who told me he beat a bag of kittens to death with a shovel.

one year ago

But that's different - you know her, you know her tendencies, so that shouldn't be surprising when it happens. My friend is like one of those really nice/cute/cuddly/innocent 5 year olds personality wise. (not joking here) So it's really **** creepy/startling/heart-attack-worthy when I find out that this is her favorite song. 

(here's the lyrics for you since you don't do youtube.)

"Wolf In Sheep's Clothing"
(feat. William Beckett)

Ha-ha-ha, this is about you

Beware, beware, be skeptical
Of their smiles, their smiles of plated gold
Deceit so natural
But a wolf in sheep's clothing is more than a warning
Bah-bah-black sheep, have you any soul?
No sir, by the way, what the hell are morals?

Jack, be nimble, Jack, be quick
Jill's a little whore and her alibis are dirty tricks

So could you
Tell me how you're sleeping easy
How you're only thinking of yourself
Show me how you justify
Telling all your lies like second nature
Listen, mark my words: one day (one day)
You will pay, you will pay
Karma's gonna come collect your debt

Aware, aware, you stalk your prey
With criminal mentality
You sink your teeth into the people you depend on
Infecting everyone, you're quite the problem
Fee-fi-fo-fum, you better run and hide
I smell the blood of a petty little coward

Jack, be lethal, Jack, be slick
Jill will leave you lonely dying in a filthy ditch

So could you
Tell me how you're sleeping easy
Show me how you justify

Maybe you'll change
Abandon all your wicked ways
Make amends and start anew again
Maybe you'll see
All the wrongs you did to me
And start all over, start all over again

Who am I kidding?
Now, let's not get overzealous here
You've always been a huge piece of shit
If I could kill you I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell

(Where are you, motherfucker? Ha ha!)

So tell me how you're sleeping easy
Show me how you justify

Karma's gonna come collect your debt,
(She's a li—she's a li—she's a liar)
Karma's gonna come collect your debt.

one year ago

Dude I love that song though. It's amazing :O

Plus there are worse songs that ones about bad breakups.

one year ago

Haha... your friend has good taste in music.

There's a great Undertale music video (about the genocide route) that's set to that song on my computer. Admittedly, I lost track of how many times I've listened to it while writing. xD The tonal shift gets me every time, too. He sounds so sincere during the part where he talks about them turning back, amending their mistakes--and to laugh it off with the whole 'but no, seriously, fuck you' pause in the song... xD reminds me of my life, really.

one year ago

But she's never even had a boyfriend, or a crush, or is even interested in any of that! So I really don't get why a break-up song is her #1, while all the rest of them are like this (#2). (Five Iron Frenzy "Battle Dancing Unicorns With Glitter")

Shut your face 
High school jerks 
We’re about to show you how this works 
Are we cool? 
Laser beams 
We’re about to awesome all your dreams 
And you’ll say, “What are you, some kind of computer?” 
And we’ll say, “A cyborg pimp from the future.”
And I’m going def for sheezy 
I’m feeling a bit uneasy.

Let’s get this straight: 
Oh yeah, we are the champions 
We’ll be battle dancing
Unicorns 
Oh yes 
Battle dancing unicorns 
It’s not too late 
You could gamble on the
Heavy hitters 
While we’re battle dancing unicorns 
With glitter

Twelve-o-clock? 
Party rock 
We’re hip- hoppin’ and we can’t quite stop 
Aggro hair
Grizzly Bear 
Bet you’ve never met a thousand-aire 
Then you’ll say, “Whatever, I think you’re moronic.” 
And we’ll say, “Not really, we’re only bionic.” 
And you’re still in high school 
But have to acknowledge 
That we are professors at Robot Spy College.
To be what I just can’t 
Impale myself upon the horns 
I’m fighting just to be relevant
I’ll battle dance some unicorns 
I’m battle dancing unicorns / with glitter.

one year ago

I've never had a boyfriend either but the song is really catchy and the vocals are amazing... Perhaps she's just into this genre of music (alternate pop/rock I think).

one year ago

I've dated, sure, and I'm married, but I do not think of breakups at all when I listen to that song. (Especially because of the AMV.) You can take it that way, and that may very well be the singer's only intent... but you don't have to have loved and lost to get it--not in a romantic sense. It's enough to have been totally innocent at one point, to have trusted other people and cared about them deeply, to have stuck your neck out in the interest of kindness, only to be stabbed in the back by someone who is never going to be sorry.

Besides, even if you don't fully understand the emotion behind a song, you can appreciate lyrical flow, you can appreciate the beat, hell, you can even at least imagine how the singer is feeling and try to understand it on an intellectual level. It's objectively a good song.

one year ago
Have you listened to that song? It's great.

Lead singer of that band always looks like he's having a blast in the videos, lol.

one year ago

I found a special "vase" once at my uncle's house as a kid.

When I grew up I realized it was just a hookah bong.

one year ago

Just type in "Junji Ito" into Google and look at the images.

one year ago

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's kinda creepy.

one year ago

Ah, that reminds me. Franken Fran was one of the most unnerving/creepy mangas I've read. I've seen some worse ones, but Japanese horror comedy goes to some seriously screwed up places. (Really NSFW or kids, if you choose to search for it. I'm not gonna link it.)

one year ago
Is it bad that I found the images rather tame?

one year ago

Out of context, they're not scary at all, just cool-looking. It's all about the way they're presented in the source material. Nothing in Silent Hill is scary if you're just looking it up on google, and the game itself isn't really that gory by video game or even movie standards these days, it's all about the atmosphere.

one year ago

Well this was the most disturbing picture I'd seen on the Internet. I saw it when I was about 10 years old and it just really creeped me out. It was always there, lurking at the back of my mind. Hell, some nights I refused to go to sleep in case I would have a nightmare about it. 

Internet. I saw it when I was about 10 years old and it just really creeped me out. It was always there, lurking at the back of my mind. Hell, some nights I refused to go to sleep in case I would have a nightmare about it. I thought it would be one of those things, I wouldn't be scared about it in the morning, but in fact in lingered through my head for about three months after the fact. 

Just a heads up, this picture is from real life footage. And sorry but I don't know how to hyperlink. I recommend against viewing this before going to bed. Just my two cents.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/explainer/2011/10/why_do_ghosts_say_boo_.html

one year ago

Are you kidding?

one year ago

Whoops sorry bout that error, I accidentally copied and pasted part of the paragraph and didn't delete it all. Was that what you were referring to?

one year ago

No, I was talking about the image at the beginning.

one year ago

The audio on this just makes me cringe.

And there's a whole channel full of 'em.

one year ago

Spodermen is fucking awesome, I once binge watched half his videos... It never gets old.

one year ago

Nothing scarier than a Japanese Endmaster.

NSFW!

one year ago

Watch the Japanese release of the MOVIE Attack on Titan.

one year ago

one year ago

one year ago

My ears and eyes have been liquified by the horror.

one year ago

Being hit by a car and draged by my face back in 1996... I think the article is in the bangor newspaper.

one year ago

*crying* And there's more than one...

one year ago
That's not even a rap, so they're really going all out on their desecration of words. You have to rhyme more than just the last word of a line :/

one year ago

I hate to see a decent beat wasted on trash too low to be called 'Shit'...

one year ago

one year ago

I once had a dream about being scratched across the chest by a monster. I woke up and I had the same exact scratch on my chest. Deduced it was my cat, but it was still very horrifying when it first happened. I posted a thread about it a while ago here, but I'm too lazy to look for it.