WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Interesting Meta

one year ago
I thought it was interesting that now only 2/5 expert scriveiners have made storygames, and only one of those two are still active.

Solostrike
Kumquat
Will11
ThePirateCaptain
Ford

Endmaster will probably make the list soon and even it back out to 3/6 made storygames. If I ever get around to making a storygame just to spite some people. then I think it'd make more sense that 4/6 members with the expert scriviener rank made storygames (at least it'd be majority at that point). Kumquat basically only has this rank because of his daily point OCD and tbh ThePirateCaptain probably pirated his points or stole them cause he's a pirate.

This mildly interesting coincidence probably didn't even deserve a post.

Interesting Meta

one year ago

Interesting. I assumed there'd be more Expert Scrivenirs

Interesting Meta

one year ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=Chanbot

WIP but relevant in that I stayed up all night organizing data so yeah I'd like a golf clap for my effort...

P.s. Thank you, mom.

Interesting Meta

one year ago

Holy shit that's pretty sick, I occasionally forget how insane brair's win/loss ratio is for duels. 

ALSO I'M MORE IMPORTANT THAN ZERO SUCK IT!

Interesting Meta

one year ago
*puts beta at the bottom of the list as an honorable mention*

Interesting Meta

one year ago

You won't.

Interesting Meta

one year ago

Interesting Meta

one year ago

I'm telling mom.

Interesting Meta

one year ago
nooooooo ;_;

Interesting Meta

one year ago

@Ford

Typesetting for the Who Is Online part of the page?

Interesting Meta

one year ago
One of my favorite fonts: Cinzel Decorative

Sad it doesn't have a lowercase version :(

https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Cinzel+Decorative

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

The charts need to be updated (i see you've mentioned that in Chanbot's post) Those ancient names scare me. T_T 

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

I agree, they need to be updated. I'm still categorised with the rabble at the bottom of the list...

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

Kek. So that's your true intention.

Interesting Meta

9 months ago
If it makes you feel better Thara practically didn't exist according to Chanbot when that chart was made xD

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

If it's ever updated, include commendations too. 

Interesting Meta

9 months ago
any other suggestions while I begin coding the button to automatically do all this?

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

Put in their Join date and last login or at least link to their profiles or something. Idk

Interesting Meta

9 months ago
>at least a link to their profiles.

m8 practically everything on that table is a link

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

Oh I never rly looked closely. Sorry, bb

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

Yeah, dude. I've never been listed as anything but the lowest of the low and it's killing my mood.

Interesting Meta

9 months ago
Not my fault you and rom were shit at getting points :P

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

I find it weirder that whenever you read through some of the old threads that Steve has posted in he's practically civil.

Interesting Meta

9 months ago

Holy hedgehogs you're right.

Interesting Meta

one year ago

This was pretty interesting actually!

I can't remember how long ago it was but I remember a bunch of people had points cleared when they were trying to cheat in different ways like in The games etc. thinking it was right after the forum games got taken out of post count (I nuked my count when that happened lol)

Those two things happening around the same time changed a load of rankings methinks

Interesting Meta

9 months ago
Coming up is Chanbot reaching about 20k duels. He started duelling about two days ago starting with around 1000 duels total. Trends in duels, at least for toggle, seem to be that cysid is legit flipping a coin (at least for 1 point bets).

However losses come in packs of 5 - 8 at seemingly random intervals, data will be collected and graphed in excel at a later date. Some interesting meta: by the end of this week (May 6th, 2017) Chanbot will have roughly 45% of all duels against cysid on the site. With 50% likely by the next day or two afterwards (if I keep him going). He continually duels cysid 1 point always chooses the same toggle option and does it at solid time intervals. Totalling around 8000+ duels a day if there aren't any breaks in his stride like internet connectivity problems or CYS disconnects.

Currently Chanbot's win/loss stands at 50.128% wins. Eventually this will average out to 50% exact or close to it and Chanbot's points will be at long-term equalibrium. He started with 200 points and I've seen him go as low as 78 and as high as 405 at different times of the day. Though at night he seems to gain more than he looses - it's hard to say if this is caused by something or not. The cys duels.vbs doesn't give any hints either.

It was previously thought by many who duel often that the higher the bet = small increase in the chances of losing the duel. Through sheer amount of data Chanbot will be able to shed light on whether this is true. At this time we only feel it to be true. Example being betting 1 point = 50% chance of winning and a 5 point bet = 35% chance of winning. It just feels that way and there is no data supporting that feeling. Chanbot will be able to gather this data and answer this question.

From this I've concluded the most optimal way of gaining points by duelling cysid is having a fuckton of points. If you have less than 500 points don't bet more than 2 points per duel or you may loose it all in a few bursts of bad luck (5 - 8 losses in a row are common). If you have more than 1500 points you can bet 5 points fairly safely and only lose a few hundred at the worst luck runs. However the flip side of this is making the maximum bet of 5 points when you have over 1500 points means you could potentially net 2000 points just from duelling - bringing your total to well over 3-4k. I highly recommend you stop duelling (possibly forever) if you get this long streak of good luck where you practically double your points.

I'll probably stop Chanbot's duelling if he gets really close to 400 points again. Gaining 200 points within 3 days is a win in my book.

More data is needed and being constantly provided. I find it unlikely that alexp has a very complicated duelling system taking things like user points, the bet, past duel trends, and other things into account to decide the winner of a duel. However if this is the case the collection and graphical representation of win/loss data will prove useful in shedding light upon duelling and possibly give some insight as to some strategies not apparent before.

----------------------------------

In other interesting meta news: Chanbot will have an update function made to update the table of important/noteworthy people on the site and their respective statistics. Graphical representation may come later due to the difficulty of making an automatic system like that, but I have confidence.

In non-interesting-meta news: I'm working on a storygame with Chanbot. So far I have more outline than my chaos contest entry had story xD perhaps taking my time and not waiting until the last minute to produce something is key in creating a good work of game literature.

Edit:: Just hit 20,000 duels. 10028/9972 win/lose. 50.14% win. Odd that the average went up .01%...wonder why this is

Edit 2:30PM EST May 6 2017: Chanbot is duelling a lot faster than I thought. Also there have been 0 lapses in internet connection and the site has stayed up. Miracles. In any case Chanbot at this moment is 47.77% of all duels against cysid. Standing at 130 points (really fucking low) it seems bad luck is more frequent than anticipated. If the current trend progresses he may lose all of his previous 200 points in a day or two.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
Here's a list of all the registered users of CYS in a google spreadsheet. The spreadsheet file itself as well as a .txt version of this data is available on the discord server in #dev channel

most usernames start with --> the least usernames start with:

S
M
A
T
C
D
B
J
L
R
K
P
G
F
H
N
E
W
I
Z
V
O
X
Y
U
Q
0 AND 3 (TIED)
Special characters [total usernames beginning with]
- [3]
& [2]
. [2]
( [1]
` [1]
> [1]
< [1]

Using current scraping methods it is impossible to search for usernames begining with an underscore and until I figure out how to do that then usernames beginning with _ will be excluded from the data.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Wish we had a proper list like this for the site. Bookmarking.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
If people who were banned had some sort of marking like some red text on their profile that said banned then chanbot could color code the names of users who were banned. Could also color code those who have been active or inactive in the last year or however long.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Yeah it would be convenient to have a color or something show up for the banned people. So far all I've been doing to keep track is adding names to the Graveyard and grouping them more or less by their IPs.

Oh latest update on that if anyone was curious.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/15931#549154

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

All the unbanned users, looks like?

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

I think you're right. I'm looking for the banned names from the graveyard list and so far I don't see any of them on Ford's list.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
interesting. I guess I'll have to figure a way to scrape for banned users as well then.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
Nice, I'm saving this too. Always thought it was strange we didn't have a proper member list somewhere, aside from the PM trick I only recently learned. People happening to pop up online when I happen to be paying attention is usually the only way to know they exist.

Seems like a good way to spot obvious alts too if this stays updated. Is there any way to track the actual times accounts were made because that would be even more useful for admins I bet...

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

I mean I guess we do sort of have a list using the "All Users" function, but its more of a search function, so if I wanted all the people that had a name that started with "a" I'd just type in "a" and they'd all show up, along with some of their other info that they probably chose to lie about when signing up.

Sometimes I get errors with it though, but that might just be the site being flakey as usual.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Also pretty sure I got the one with underscores included.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
how'd you do that?

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Since _ appears to be a wildcard, I just put three underscores in the "to" field and I got the whole list (of members who are neither banned nor have PMs disabled).

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
I tried that ages ago when debugging and it didn't work. I tried it now and it does it just takes a long while to load cause my internet is shit rn. Well that's good to know.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Wow. Was just scrolling down the list to see if there's any beginning used frequently, and I found a extremely large section of 'Warriors'.

Warriorztoobozz warriorterraleaf Warriorstar warriorsrule warriorsrocks WarriorsOfDawn WarriorsOfDarknessC WarriorsLuver22 warriorsisbae WarriorsFanGirlie WarriorsFan_XD WarriorsFan warriorscats warriorscatfan1234 warriorsandmore warriors505 warriors180 warriors123 warriors101 Warriorrules warriorprincess Warriorpath WarriorOximated Warriorkitty408 WarriorKittehzAreFab warriorgirl WarriorFanfic warriorfan1 WarriorDog WarriorClanStories warriorcatz warriorcatswag WarriorCatsStories WarriorCatsRUs warriorcatsrule WarriorCatsRPStories Warriorcatsrock12 warriorcatsrock warriorcatsperson WarriorCatsOasis WarriorCatsNewGen WarriorCatsLover78 warriorcatslover42 WarriorCatsLover warriorcatsisstupid6 warriorcatsisstupid Warriorcatsforever WarriorCatsFanGirl12 Warriorcatsfandom WarriorCatsFanatic Warriorcatsfan WarriorCatsCutie Warriorcatsb warriorcats64 warriorcats63 WarriorCats610 warriorcats4life45 Warriorcats4740 warriorcats11 Warriorcats101 WarriorCats warriorcatrubyfur warriorcatlover Warriorcatgames WarriorcatFunFic Warriorcatfanart warriorcatfan122 warriorcatfan Warriorcatadventures Warriorcataddict warriorcat801 warriorcat3983 warriorcat24 WarriorCat1234 warriorboy65790 WarriorAthena Warrior93 Warrior727 warrior454454 Warrior427 Warrior194383038 Warrior101 Warrior

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
don't even get people started...

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

It looks like usernames containing "wolf" are even more popular.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
We may have 402 wolf names but I'm sure there are more WC kids on the site than that. (In fact I know there are given the number of Starpeltpawtail names I pulled up...)

Only a certain number pathetic enough to make the name of series itself their identity though.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Now you just bringing up peoples PTSD. If you keep talking about it they'll start talking about the war.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
Jesus, put a trigger warning on this shit. I'm shaking IRL.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=DysfunctionalSteve

I was hoping for more comedy potential but the profile is blank and all they've done is play Price of Freedom.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

Happily, thanks to this new list, I now have added 3 FAKE ENDS to the Graveyard.

EndMunster, EndMaster2, .EndMaster

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
Oh I only found .Endmaster but I was impressed by the dedication to ripping off your profile. I'm not even sure how any of that worked with the forum posts and listing your games...

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

There is also "EndMasterCalledMeGay", but I know that one was Seto.

And "EndMasterCalledMeBae" which was Thara.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

I mean, isn't dysfunctionality Steve's default state?

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
I see 8 alternate Sentinels.

Most emo name award goes to Nothinginlifematters, although again, they're boring and did nothing.

.Endmaster. What is going on here?

For cat detection:

76 users with Paw in their name
374 users with Star
29 with Pelt

Kitty x 133

52 with fuckin WARRIORCAT, flat out..with a special prize going to the user who spelled in Warior

402 users have Wolf in their name

112 border their name with some variation of Xx which I have always found stupid and annoying.

. ..I should probably stop now and go write. The overwhelming experience so far is disappointment as everyone with a weird name has done absolutely nothing on their profile or the site.

Although, I'm pretty excited because having the list of X names handy made me go and finally discover a user I remembered from awhile back whose name I'd forgotten other than it started with an X. Well, Xelxin's MLP fanstory about his unicorn dragon vampire OC or whatever it was has been removed, as well as the meltdown in his profile and his story that was basically just REEEEEEE I HATE THIS SITE.

BUT, it turns out that the youtube I remember him advertising still exists, and you can listen to him reading his stories about his OC fanpony, also named Xelxin if you so desire.. (you can also request he draw your own MLP fanpony so there's that)

e: The Warrior Cats story is probably good but he doesn't seem to ever gets to the part where he actually reads it...

Interesting Meta

2 months ago

What I'm wondering is how they got the stories there...

... Unless the entire thing is just the "about me" section of the profile page.

Definitely a carbon copy of End's profile in 2010. The guy could've just ripped the code from then, pasted it on there.

Or it could just be End's backup consciousness in case he was somehow erased from existence. In that case, he'd better do another brain scan. Don't want a "Soma" situation.

Interesting Meta

2 months ago
I know the answer to all of these questions and could legit make a carbon copy of End's profile but to sum it up in not tech speak: the person was lazy and didn't know css so it looks weird cause they just copy-pasted code.

Interesting Meta

one month ago
I think it'd be cool to see a list of authors ranked by number of stories published. Or maybe combined rating of all their stories?

How about something like a ranking of who has the most reviews? (not just ratings) I'm not sure what kind of info the bot can actually collect but I imagine it as being able to collect the same kinds of data a very autistic person meticulously clicking through lots and lots of profiles and XP pages could so I'm not sure about being able to tell reviews and ratings apart.

Also, from the OP I just noticed Kumquat actually commented in his profile on the loss of daily points. "It feels so strange not having to click that link every day..." So are we to believe it was the work of an actual human now?

Interesting Meta

one month ago
^This would be interesting!