WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

First Jobs

one month ago

As I have my own, I would like to ask, what was your first job? I'm currently working on a Christmas Tree Farm (so likely temporary).

First Jobs

one month ago
>implying employment

Walmart - I worked in the back putting toys and bikes and stuff together so that people could come in and buy it ready-made instead of buying a box of parts. probably gonna do that this december as well. or maybe I won't get a job until 2017. I'm not really being pressured for a job right now.

inb4 tan/end mentions surveys and nobody laughs cause nobody gets it anymore

First Jobs

one month ago

I dunno, I'd still count fatally pushing your cousin off a cliff as honest work.

First Jobs

one month ago

My first job was at a fast food restaurant... But I quit after I found out they had a cockroach infestation. Damned cockroaches!

First Jobs

one month ago

yikes...

First Jobs

one month ago

A rimjob. 

First Jobs

one month ago

Why didn't I see that coming?

First Jobs

one month ago

The cockroaches don't seem so gross now.

First Jobs

one month ago

Indeed.

First Jobs

one month ago

Dont Know

First Jobs

one month ago
Shit, dude. I knew your mom was a freak, but I didn't think that incest was in her wheelhouse.

First Jobs

one month ago

\(•_•)/ What the fuck man.

First Jobs

one month ago

I was talking about the one I gave to you bc you promised me 500 bucks. Never saw any of that money by the way. 

First Jobs

one month ago

If you're not getting paid, you're not a whore, you're a slut. Learn the difference.

First Jobs

one month ago

It was a one-time thing I swear!

First Jobs

one month ago

I carried 50-lb bags of gravel and wheelbarrows full of bricks down a hill for a few weekends one summer. Then we poured them all out in order to make a sort of garden patio spot. The guy we were working for implied we would be paid minimum wage once or twice, before handing us both $80 when we were done.

First Jobs

one month ago

Sounds fun.

First Jobs

one month ago

I worked as a locksmith. 'Twas fun. Lotta cool stuff.

First Jobs

one month ago

I think my uncle still does.

First Jobs

one month ago

Librarian.

First Jobs

one month ago
Various paper routes.

Highlight was when some guy's teenage son answered the door high, paid me 5 dollars instead of the usually 20, and when I tried to explain he only gave me a 5, he thought I was trying to give him back 5 dollars in change and refused to take it back.

Needless to say they never got the paper again.

First Jobs

one month ago

Funnily enough, a Courier.

First Jobs

one month ago

Graphic artist position in 2006. Site got closed down, but someone liked my art and invited me to another site. Got paid 200 min. a month depending on how much I had to do.

It was pretty fun.

First Jobs

one month ago

I'm still working at my first job. I work at a gym.

First Jobs

one month ago

I thought you worked at a funeral parlor.

First Jobs

one month ago

I wanted to but they wouldn't take me.

EDIT: Fuck, i replied to my own post.

First Jobs

one month ago

They probably just thought you wanted an employee discount.

First Jobs

one month ago

Yeah, you're probably right. And I started looking for jobs a year ago, so maybe they just didn't want to work with a 14 year old?

First Jobs

one month ago

I don't think many places hire people under 16. I worked when I was 15 but nobody would hire me when I was any younger... Not even McDonalds.

First Jobs

one month ago

I got my job at the gym when i was 14. Guess i was just lucky.

First Jobs

one month ago

I'm actually looking for one right now. I've applied like, everywhere. No luck so far, though.

First Jobs

one month ago

I can sympathize.

First Jobs

one month ago

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have no experience, sure, but I'm very dedicated. I constantly keep up with the places I've applied at, I call them, email them. etc. Still no luck.

First Jobs

one month ago

Ah, it's not always known why

First Jobs

one month ago

Hang on, how old are you again?

First Jobs

one month ago

20, it's just that I prefer the kinda of physical work that's typically found on farms.

First Jobs

one month ago

How have you only just gotten your first job now?

First Jobs

one month ago

I focused more on schooling.