WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Speech and Debate

27 days ago
Alright. Does anyone know anybody (ages 14-18) that does Speech and Debate? My friend saw someone in an Extemp round on this website, and I wanna know who tf it is.

Speech and Debate

27 days ago

Steve did debate club. So did Ford, allegedly.

Speech and Debate

27 days ago
"did" "alleged" Hmm... Steve and Ford...

Speech and Debate

14 days ago

Still do.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago
:o Lol. I doubt it's you.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago

What? Sent said I did debating, I'm correcting him because it's not past tense and I still do it.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago
No, I meant the person my friend saw. xD

Speech and Debate

14 days ago

Probably Ford, it's on his resume. 

Speech and Debate

14 days ago
not anymore, I was forced to as I needed the elective credit to graduate and they required me to compete because I was one of the only seniors in the class at the time.

Speech and Debate

14 days ago
Lol. Really? I actually hate Speech and Debate, but I'm doing it anyway because it's a good learning experience and universities love it.

*ahem* I would like to ask again.
ARE ANY OF U TWATS CURRENTLY PART OF THE SPEECH AND DEBATE TEAM AT UR SCHOOL?

Speech and Debate

14 days ago
permission to ask again denied

Speech and Debate

14 days ago
;-; You're so mean I thought u wuved me. *denial*

Speech and Debate

14 days ago

No, like a real man I do Model UN.

Speech and Debate

14 days ago
Ughhh. What even is that? Sounds so boring. I already have too much stuff to do for school. >_>

Speech and Debate

14 days ago

MUN's are not that boring. I've never been to one, but my friends who have been tell me that they're a shitload of fun. It's good to try something new.

Speech and Debate

14 days ago

I’ve heard that it’s basically LARPing and that it's generally better (and more fun) to pick a country like the US, Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, etc so you can just act like a dick all the time.

Speech and Debate

14 days ago
LARPing? ;-; But I don't like acting like one... I'm seriously considering it for next near. Ughhhh. Too many clubs/activities I want to join lol.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago

Yea that's basically what it's about. You are given a nation or you have to select a committee (Security Council, Crisis Committee, etc) and get a lively conversation going.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago

You don't actually get to pick countries, but the last convention I was at I represented China on a crisis committee of North Korean nuclear weapons. It was great. Also North Korea isn't in the UN, so unfortunately you cannot represent them.

Speech and Debate

10 days ago

Here we do MUN too, and actually, WE GOT NORTH KOREA! I dunno if it was accurate, but we were doing something about a massacre in Congo, and my school got to go as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. I ended up standing on a table, then making a girl trying to push me off it, and then asking her if she wanted to dance.

Speech and Debate

14 days ago

Years ago there were a bunch of people here that were in debate classes, teams and all that (Drak, Bo, Aman, Uglick, JJJ, etc). 

Besides Steve, I want to say Beta and Romulus are into some debate stuff.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago

Close enough.

Speech and Debate

13 days ago

I once fought a kid over a textbook and won, so I'm basically a master debater. Perks of going to an underfunded school. 

Speech and Debate

12 days ago

Yeah i'm part of the speech and debate team but it wasn't me your friend saw

Speech and Debate

12 days ago
;-; How would you know? You're not in Extemp?