Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
Alright. Does anyone know anybody (ages 14-18) that does Speech and Debate? My friend saw someone in an Extemp round on this website, and I wanna know who tf it is.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Steve did debate club. So did Ford, allegedly.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
"did" "alleged" Hmm... Steve and Ford...

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Still do.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
:o Lol. I doubt it's you.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

What? Sent said I did debating, I'm correcting him because it's not past tense and I still do it.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
No, I meant the person my friend saw. xD

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Probably Ford, it's on his resume. 

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
not anymore, I was forced to as I needed the elective credit to graduate and they required me to compete because I was one of the only seniors in the class at the time.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
Lol. Really? I actually hate Speech and Debate, but I'm doing it anyway because it's a good learning experience and universities love it.

*ahem* I would like to ask again.
ARE ANY OF U TWATS CURRENTLY PART OF THE SPEECH AND DEBATE TEAM AT UR SCHOOL?

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
permission to ask again denied

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
;-; You're so mean I thought u wuved me. *denial*

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

No, like a real man I do Model UN.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
Ughhh. What even is that? Sounds so boring. I already have too much stuff to do for school. >_>

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

MUN's are not that boring. I've never been to one, but my friends who have been tell me that they're a shitload of fun. It's good to try something new.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

I’ve heard that it’s basically LARPing and that it's generally better (and more fun) to pick a country like the US, Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, etc so you can just act like a dick all the time.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
LARPing? ;-; But I don't like acting like one... I'm seriously considering it for next near. Ughhhh. Too many clubs/activities I want to join lol.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Yea that's basically what it's about. You are given a nation or you have to select a committee (Security Council, Crisis Committee, etc) and get a lively conversation going.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

You don't actually get to pick countries, but the last convention I was at I represented China on a crisis committee of North Korean nuclear weapons. It was great. Also North Korea isn't in the UN, so unfortunately you cannot represent them.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Here we do MUN too, and actually, WE GOT NORTH KOREA! I dunno if it was accurate, but we were doing something about a massacre in Congo, and my school got to go as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. I ended up standing on a table, then making a girl trying to push me off it, and then asking her if she wanted to dance.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Years ago there were a bunch of people here that were in debate classes, teams and all that (Drak, Bo, Aman, Uglick, JJJ, etc). 

Besides Steve, I want to say Beta and Romulus are into some debate stuff.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Close enough.

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

I once fought a kid over a textbook and won, so I'm basically a master debater. Perks of going to an underfunded school. 

Speech and Debate

7 years ago

Yeah i'm part of the speech and debate team but it wasn't me your friend saw

Speech and Debate

7 years ago
;-; How would you know? You're not in Extemp?