Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

Hey there. Boredom was advancing on the horizon, so here are a few questions.

-What is your favorite fictional creature and why?

-If you were to be stuck as a fictional creature, what would you choose and why?

Also, a fictional creature can be anything just as long as it doesn't exist in real life. It can be from science fiction, fantasy, folklore, mythology, ect.

I'm not sure what my favorite fictional creature is, so I'll get back to you guys on that.

Fighting my urge to choose something from one of my favorite comics or television shows, I decided to click on over to a familiar web page of mine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_legendary_creatures?. I've decided that if I were to be stuck as a mythical creature, I would choose to be a sandman. Of course sneaking into people homes and lulling children to sleep seems creepy (it is), but if we go off of the DnD iteration (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sandman_(3.5e_Race)), "A [sandman] isn't subject to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, nausea, or sickening.?" They are relatively quick, increasingly so in sandy areas. But, this race is not without flaw. They are unsociable, clumsy, and have a very low healing rate compared to humans, half as quick to be exact.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago
Favorite fictional creature: a woman who is sometimes attracted to me because it'd be great to feel attractive to someone sometimes

If I were to be stuck as a fictional creature; what and why: a woman who is sometimes attracted to me so I could have a will to live

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

Exactly what
you’d expect.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago
It'd be pretty sweet to be a ghost tbh, assuming ghosts can read books and use the internet and also occasionally become corporeal to mess with people for lulz.

I would miss enchiladas though. And chocolate.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

I like fairies, so I would naturally enjoy being one. Flying seems pretty fun :)

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

It changes monthly, and it's usually a new type of vampire that I find interesting or amusing. It used to be Jiangshi, but right now, I'm feeling the "South England Anglo Saxon Vampire" that was referenced in all of one account in a book about some local saint or something. They're like regular predatory-type vampires, but they run around hiding their faces in burial cloth and carrying their coffins over their backs like bipedal turtles. The idea just seems aesthetically interesting to me, I'd like to see some of them in movies.

As far as what I'd like to be... I'm probably with Brad on this one. The powers and properties of dragons are so loosely defined that I could hypothetically be anything that suits my interests. That, and there'd still be a surprising amount of people in life and on the internet that'd still be DTF, if it really came to that point. And, of course, there's the whole underground cloning rings and world government perks I'd be welcomed into as a fellow magic lizard.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

Well I'd say something along the lines of a demonic wolf, but I'm living proof of their existence.

If I had to choose otherwise, I'd say I'd be either a leviathan or a dragon. Both seem good for inspiring chaos and destruction.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago
-What is your favorite fictional creature and why?
At the moment vampires. The whole idea is interesting, especially with all the differences in different cultures. I find it interesting that there's nearly no stories of vampires that aren't evil, and from the those that exist, most are written by teenagers who want a vampire boy/girlfriend. I have been thinking of writing a story myself, but I don't have many ideas, am lazy and the vampire literature is already overdone, anyway.
- If you were to be stuck as a fictional creature, what would you choose and why?
I think I'll just stay as a human. We might be weeklings that are food to a lot of creatures, but that just makes it more fun right? If I have to choose, I guess going with the classic werewolf would be the best, because they hunt at night and use their nose more than their eyes.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

I figured you might pick a medusa.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago
Medusa? The one that turns people into stone if she looks them? A blind medusa sounds strange. But so does blind vampire, blind dragon, blind mostly anything.

Fictional Creatures

7 years ago

Hivemind

Hivemind

Decentralized thought (and existence): Check

Parallel processing: Check 

Cheat the system and live as any of the lesser creatures you take over: Check

Still fundamentally mortal so life has meaning: Check

May not even be fiction in the next 100 years (assuming we don't throw ourselves over a cliff by then): Check

Sold.