Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
What do you prefer? Personally, I am all about anime. Just love the insanely complex storylines and Japanese Voice Acting! Plus the action is usually leagues ahead of any TV show. Favourite Anime :- Death Note, Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball Super.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I'm 100% anime scum.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

More like 100% cancer to my life.

You infected me, baka.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

But now we can be cancerous together~yes

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Forever~!

Wait, no. Stay away, there's still hope for me. And nobody would want to have anything to do with you. Humph.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Stop lying to yourself. There's no hope for any of us.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Wow what a Tsundere you are, Bluefur-chan. 

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

She is the literal definition of tsundere. She's also a big perv.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

One time I hugged her and she said "Oo I can feel your boobs pressing into my back". This resulted in her being pushed into traffic.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

What.

When the hell was this?

You don't even have boobs, you idiot.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

*cough cough* Halloween. It never happened. You're right, I am an idiot, I have zero boobage, this post is awkward for the entire CYS community.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Tch. You're the tsundere.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

In denial I see?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Sometimes anime voice acting is really good. Sometimes I want to jump out of a window bc of how awful it can be.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Noice yes

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

What do you mean by tv shows? Like, The Office and Doctor Who? If so, then I prefer anime for action stuff, but TV shows for plot or comedy.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
I only watch the best funniest vines compilations via my facebook feed where it's been shared to be from twitter. Vines are hilarious memes and I can't get enough of them they're so funny like that one guy who is like "story time:" that guy is funny. I don't really watch tv except with my friends who I hang out with and watch great shows like storage wars and big brother. I've never really watched chinese cartoons before so idk. they look weird.

/s

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Oh look, it's meme lord Ford

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I love death note. Make a death note story negative. If it's good I'll give you my trophy! You gotta put a good effort into it though.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

*Becomes L for this*

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit. This is my calling! I'd like to introduce you to.....

Ao no Exorcist, or Blue Exorcist.

Give it a watch. It's on Hulu. They've got a second season airing presently.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Claymore and Attack on Titan are good, but I tend to prefer real people television

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

The problem with anime is that most of the best shows come with an annoying, whiny and pretty much all around unlikable main character, Attack on Titan being one of the worst culprits >.<

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I pretty much just watched that one to see the funny looking giants eat people.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Have you watched the live-action movie?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Not yet, but I'll probably get around to it eventually.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

It's terrible as an adaptation, and fairly shit even as a standalone movie, I only really enjoyed the attack scenes.

Of course, if you really want to watch the whole movie...here you go. 

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
There is even a game which is basically like Spiderman: Attack on Titan Edition.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Oh yeah?!

What about Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, One Punch Man, Dragon Ball Z, and Cowboy Beebop (sp?). While I'm mentioning Cowboy Beebop, was that kid that tagged along with the crew a boy or a girl?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I'm only restricted to harem anime

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

The Walking Dead and The Arrow are my favorite acted out TV shows but mostly I watch survival shows like History channels Alone or Naked and Afraid. Not a big fan of anime

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Berserk and Cowboy Bebop are the only ones worth watching. SAO is fancy visuals surrounding a mishmash of bullshit and mary-sue-isms about a terribly designed and broken game. DBZ and the Alucard one seem to be the same thing, but one is slapstick and the other one is edge so sharp it's almost memey. Can't pass more than general judgements, though, because I haven't seen much of it. The Highschool thing with the Jigsaw Bear is just an excuse for murder mysteries and Ace Attorney to be the same thing in a highschool anime. "Complex Storylines" isn't even a thing that's unique to anime. That happens to literally every long-running show where Status Quo is not god. DC, Marvel, ancient mythology, the Lovecraft Mythos, Zatoichi, Game of Thrones, any show based around a progressing adventure, both Warhammers, World History, the Star Wars EU, Shakespeare's series of Henries, almost any webcomic that's been going on for a few years, they all have "Complex Storylines". Nobody goes to those and says "OH LOL SO ANIME". Complex storylines are not unique to anime, and the vast majority of them aren't even very good complex storylines. Anime just gets the publicity.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
Watched Berserk, after the last episode, realised that it was the 2016 remake instead of the original. Shit. The remake was quite good but considering what people say, the original seems league ahead. Need to watch it!

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
But honestly, the cheap animation techniques in Berserk 2016 look like shit when compared to something like Kabaneri.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I like both, but normally the japtoons are more accessible to me, so I see more of that. I used to watch Downton Abbey and Mr.Robot and stuff, and also Parks and Recreation.

When it comes to anime....my friends call me a secret weeb because according to them I AM THE BIGGEST NERD OF THEM ALLLLLLLLL (which is not wrong) but I don't really think I'm a weeb. I'm more of... a japanime connoisseur. I get pretty fired up. I full on preach. I demand that those poor, uneducated mainstream Tokyo-Ghoul worshipping middle schoolers heed the my word, my call, my warning. Subjugation is liberation, I cry, contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them, you pigs in human clothing!

But like everyone can like whatever they want. Cool cool. Some of my favorite animes are Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ping Pong the Animation and Malcolm in the Middle.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Pfft, silly puddlebunni. Everybody knows Cory in the House is the best anime. ^_^

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Thanks for that, hadn't seen that one before :)

On a different note, for the greatest anime of all time, I raise Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

There can be no other

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Personally I hate all anime.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Then you're missing out on some exceptional content. Saying you hate all anime is like saying that the Watchmen 12 part series of comics is a bad story because you don't think comics can tell powerful stories. Never blanket ban a medium, creativity requires you look everywhere for ideas

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

You've obviously never seen the esteemed Mall Cop Trilogy.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Okay, I gotta ask, but what transpired between Rivertail and Bluefur that they've been sissy fighting in multiple threads?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Nothing, really.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Angsty teen wishes to be left alone.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Will you grant my angsty wish, dear sir?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
Death Note beats any TV show hands down.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

L is literally the only "good" part of Death Note, if only for his prowess and personality traits or lack thereoff, and even then he looks more like boyband trash than a listless British man obsessed with answering confuzzlements.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

It must be tricky getting Cumberbatch's likeness into anime.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Tbh, Sherlock looked a lot like Sherlock. Not the book Sherlock, but he certainly passes better than Elementary as a recognizable interpretation of the charatcer.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Death note is my favorite cooking anime. 

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

You laugh, but this is the only manga I've ever read.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

This is a good quick Manga read if you're into horror.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

What if I like cooking?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

There's also cooking horror.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

This is an actually nice one when it comes to actual cooking (like, it has the recipes and everything).

But this is definitely the best.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I saw Chuuka Ichiban in Anime form a long time ago and instantly loved it. Had no idea it was a manga, though. How do they compare?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I haven't seen the anime...but now I might check it out!

I really enjoyed the manga, though. Weirdness after weirdness (JoJo style, I might say). Even with all the light speed slicing technique and screaming, the dishes are miraculously makable. It's fun as heck to read.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

From what I've heard from fans, one of the major differences is that Shou An in the anime becomes a kid-stomping villain, rather than just a bit of an asshole who doesn't get that cooking is all about THE LOOOVE!

I was amazed by how it managed to frame and describe cooking these delicious-sounding things in the same way as one would a fight in a Wuxia novel, and these in-depth techniques surrounding the land and culture of China really hooked me. In fact, my Silas Character's obsession with gourmet sandwiches and cooking things really stemmed from binge-watching Chuuka Ichiban between forum sessions.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Cooking manga is the most intense.

I really like Yakitate!! Japan back in the day and I tried to bake Mt.Fuji Curry ja-pan (which is actually naan). I enjoyed how everything was intense and had cool names (Double jointed? Don't you mean Goddess Hands? Sweaty? That's just your SOLAR GAUNTLET HAND COMBOOOOOOOOO). I also enjoyed how you actually make the stuff. After the show aired, I think the consumption of bred in Japan went up...

My sister is mega into Yowamushi Pedal and is now trying to preach to me about the proper way to ride a bicycle. And before I watched Haikyuu, I never really cared to learn about sports. If somebody asks me about what a sport thing is and I don't know it, I just jokingly say that I haven't seen that anime yet.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I think that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_Vegetables is a pretty good cooking manga. 

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Then please make me a sandwhich

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Do you also enjoy mangas or do you only watch anime?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Has anyone watched Wolf's Rain? I watched some of it and it seemed like a good anime, but then again I don't watch anime so I don't really know what a good one looks like 

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

A good anime is like a good TV show, except it's in pointy cartoons and all the actors are yelling in a dark room.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. I wager you couldn't empty a boot of excrement were the instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly. tv is better than anime. period.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Hm...

I disagree!

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Are you serious?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

He calls himself "big black cock eater 4."

Of course he's serious.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

You're an idiot. A moron of the highest order. You're so stupid it's a wonder and a pity you can remember to breath. Intelligent ideas bounce off your head as if it were coated with teflon. Creative thoughts take alternate transportation in order to avoid even being in the same state as you. If you had an original thought it would die of loneliness before the hour was out. On an intelligence scale of 1 to 10 (10 corresponding to the highest attainable IQ) you're rating is so far into negative numbers that one would need to travel into another quantum reality in order to even catch a distant glimpse of it.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Hm, I see cock eater typed a lot of words up there and got so frustrated he misspelled "breathe" and used the wrong "you're" during his impotent intelligence rant.

Or in other words: Lolz triggered.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Kain's really getting desperate these days, huh? First, he was a triggered catholic, then he was a triggered Nazi, now he's just telling everyone they're stupid for inadequately defined reasons. I wonder where he'll go next.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago
On the contrary, you are undeniably the most logically deficient member in this community and on this planet. When extraterrestrial life is discovered, that title will change to most logically deficient member in this community and in the entire universe. Your self-imposed superiority over other members and your irrational assumptions of their own intelligence only further proves your own intellect is sorely lacking. I would not be surprised that if a person were to tell a joke, it would go so far above your head that it would enter space going at speeds impossible for the human brain to comprehend, before striking a planet with an entire species of intelligent lifeforms living on it. This planet would disintegrate instantly upon the joke making contact, killing billions of innocent souls, thus making you a mass-murderer worse than Mao Zedong. What even further proves your astronomically low IQ is the fact you try to troll as soon as you hit that Post Message button. You don't go in guns blazing, you have to ease into the trolling by posting normal, legit posts, THEN trolling, otherwise everybody sees through your bullshit. This is trolling one-oh-fucking-one, how do not know this shit?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Nvm dis

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Yikes..... Who pissed in your wheaties?

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

I don't know, but he deserves piss wheaties.

Anime vs TV Shows

7 years ago

Can't argue with that.