Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What we've learned

7 years ago
Kind of interested what we have all learned from our time on CYS. also I don't mean to brag but this is the first time my post count has been greater than my points

I've learned:

- lies are easier in person than they are in forum post

- don't lie because the truth is funnier

- lie sometimes to get a laugh

- lying is a little bit okay

- making any sort of delete button available to members is absolutely impossible anywhere on the site

- Bo is gonna have that top poster trophy for the rest of his life and he'll make sure we know it by posting "I can't believe I still have it! Step up your game!" 50 years from now

- HTML/CSS; before joining CYS I had no background in web design I was young and underedumacated :P

- BTE > RTE

- Strawberry Pudding > Sporks

- HWITE SAIL

- hating people is alright as long as they are younger than you

- 3J weilds a heavy ass-hammer and twerks it around with drunken fist style martial arts - looks uncontrolled, but it's actually controlled...maybe.

- Anything can be answered by asking 3Js hips because they are all-powerful and do not lie

- </br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br></br> can be read as onomonopoea and makes the sound of an A10 gun and if you use it often they will always sound like that in your head.

- After you've been here a few years you can be considered not a noob.

- Relevancy is determined by my ability to remember you as my memory is absolute shit so I'll only remember you if you're active as fuck for a while.

- Berka is a 16 year old asian school girl

- Nate is a crip ;)

- The best admins are always named after months of the year

- The best threads are always sarcastic

- The longest threads are always Morgan_R being progressive.

- Orders were literally created for absolutely no reason and 3J thought they'd have more impact so he spends most of his freetime sitting in his basement coming up with ideas on how to use them so people might actually care.

- Commendations already mean nothing because all the active people who can get them are all sages

- Sandwich thread was the best thread.

- New trolls are lightweight pussies compared to old trolls

- Anyone who announces their return to the site has gotten fat while they were gone.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Wow

My eyes just opened to a world of possibilities

What we've learned

7 years ago
- lies are easier in person than they are in forum post
Not true. In real life I can't lie worth shit, here I constantly lie about being blind ... Or do I?
- hating people is alright as long as they are younger than you
I am going to hate Steve, no matter how old he is. And steve hates everyone.
- New trolls are lightweight pussies compared to old trolls
Agreed. Ryder fucked his cat, and now trolls can't even read Eternal without being sick.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Didn't Steve get banned? Why hate the banned? It's not like they matter much.

Nevermind. The banned suck.

What we've learned

7 years ago
Did he? When? I talked to him just yesterday, and I'm quite sure it was after 3J said he's banned.
Uh, I mean, of corse he's banned! Haha, don't let anyone convince you otherwise! If you see him around, it's just your imagination!

What we've learned

7 years ago

I think it was in the FWW, in the thread called "Thread Notify."

Steve was talking trash and 3J said banned.

What we've learned

7 years ago
good times. I remember it like it was yesterday.

What we've learned

7 years ago
It was yesterday. I just find it strange because steve was online for quite some time after 3J "banned" him. Maybe he's a hacker? :)

What we've learned

7 years ago

It was 14 hours ago

What we've learned

7 years ago

Wait ten more hours and it will be

What we've learned

7 years ago
It is yesterday in my timezone.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Your timezone is ten hours ahead of mine.

What we've learned

7 years ago

There's an unban feature. I'll get my account reinstated, somehow.

What we've learned

7 years ago
you should try writing a quality story. maybe that'll get your account back?

What we've learned

7 years ago

Isn't it ironic how you wrote something on being banned and now you're banned yourself?

What we've learned

7 years ago

Ah, there's easier ways to get around being banned. I should be able to use all the precious site info I've gotten from 3J to use the unban feature to get back in, but I'll have to avoid being seen by the have admins so my account isn't deleted outright.

What we've learned

7 years ago

So basically you're gonna break your way in?

What we've learned

7 years ago

Oh baby, yeah. And if the mods ever try to stop me, they'll see just how much coding I know.

What we've learned

7 years ago

I'm thinking either you didn't really get banned, or you and 3J are pulling a prank.

What we've learned

7 years ago
did you know it says gullible on the site banner?

What we've learned

7 years ago

*checks*

*rages*

What we've learned

7 years ago
Ford is right, it does. Even I can see it!

What we've learned

7 years ago
I lied! hahaha! you've been bamboozled!

What we've learned

7 years ago
Sure thing. So did I. :)

What we've learned

7 years ago

Me too. I lied about raging.

What we've learned

7 years ago
I've bean double-bamboozled o-o

What we've learned

7 years ago

Yes, you have bean.

What we've learned

7 years ago
Which means you are not blind after all... Die nazi trickster, you played with our emoticons!

What we've learned

7 years ago
Well, you have 2 options. Maybe I'm blind, but just love joking with you to piss you off. Or maybe I'm not blind, but just love joking with you to piss you off. And what do emoticons have to do with anything? I know quite a few blind people, and they all use emoticons. :)

What we've learned

7 years ago
hahahaha ryder was actually a new troll I was talking about. ryder was a creep if anything, hardly a troll.

Old trolls got v&. Pretty sure TSR (or some other one?) is in federal prison now :P

What we've learned

7 years ago

Let's compromise. Ryder was a Troll + Creep

Therefore, he was a Treep. Or a Croll. Or a dumbass.

What we've learned

7 years ago
But depending on who you ask, we might all be creeps. Being a creep means nothing.

What we've learned

7 years ago

I think you are confusing Creep with Sheep

What we've learned

7 years ago
I think you just forgot about BlueSabere already. Or maybe you didn't even see that thread. In that case, the link is on my profile.

What we've learned

7 years ago

I saw it

And I hate it

I hate that thread

That damn thread

BlueSabere is an ass

What we've learned

7 years ago
Don't hate it. It's beautiful, a work of art.

What we've learned

7 years ago
THE POWER OF THE

What we've learned

7 years ago
All good, but have you seen the silly jumpscare on EndMaster's XP points yet? Just watch the dots to the 3 minutes, 41 seconds, mark - but pay attention, it only shows for a fraction is a second.

Classic EndMaster though, haha!

What we've learned

7 years ago

Huh, never would've expected he looked like that in real life. Have to admit he really does rock those heels though.

What we've learned

7 years ago
Yeah lol! Can't really say I was shocked, but he pulls it off so well! XD

What we've learned

7 years ago
Ahahaha! Holy shit, I thought you were joking. Is that really him or are you fucking with us? If so I'm gonna go back and try and screenshot it, that is blackmail material if I ever saw it.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Won't show up for me.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Huh, that's weird, worked for me just a while ago. Maybe he's removed it? Though I think there might be some server lag, as it showed up a bit later than the 3m41s mark for me last time. Are you sure you didn't just miss it?

What we've learned

7 years ago

I put a timer on for 3 minutes and 41 seconds, waited for about 10 seconds afterward. Never came up. I use an IPad; does that have anything to do with it?

What we've learned

7 years ago

Hmm, I guess that might have something to do with it. The site isn't exactly mobile-friendly after all. 

What we've learned

7 years ago
Just tested it, it doesn't work on an Android phone either.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Oh right, forgot to mention it, but the picture still shows up on my laptop. Though it doesn't work on my (Android) phone either. I've also wasted way too much time staring at dots today.

What we've learned

7 years ago

baiting the baiters. classic move man.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Doesn't look like anything to me.

What we've learned

7 years ago
I don't see any reason Mason would be making things up. It does seem like there's some issue with it loading from a mobile device. (I haven't tested it with my Kindle yet but Android is Android, right?)

What we've learned

7 years ago

I had it loading but I must have missed it. Too lazy to try again, someone can just tell me what it is if they feel inclined to.

What we've learned

7 years ago

I tried it multiple times, End. 

What we've learned

7 years ago
Well you're not missing anything important I guess, just a silly picture of what is (allegedly) Endmaster for a fraction of a second.

Probably just an old Halloween pic, but if it got out it would definitely mean he could never have a career on COG, lol.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Rom said I was wearing high heels so I'd argue I'd be more likely to have career at cog.

What we've learned

7 years ago
I'm pretty sure you would remember this picture being taken if it was really you. Seeing how you've claimed you don't drink. :P So if it's not you I wish someone could tell me who it is, I feel like there's some joke here I'm not picking up on.

SJWs find it incredibly offensive if a straight guy dresses up like that as a joke, from what I've heard. ('SJWs find [THING] incredibly offensive' isn't any kind of breaking news, I realize.)

What we've learned

7 years ago

I'm just going by the one thing rom said, I was guessing JJJ photoshopped my avatar's "face" on some chick's body.

What we've learned

7 years ago
Might be worth a try at the local library (unless their web security blocks it).

What we've learned

7 years ago
Wait, so this is something 3J did?

Makes sense, I guess you can't code or whatever. But damn, that's hilarious if he didn't tell you. :D

What we've learned

7 years ago

Just to be perfectly clear, Steve was obviously not banned and that was obviously a joke.

What we've learned

7 years ago

When 3J says obviously, he's trying to get across just how retarded you must be if you actually thought I was banned. I actually can't be banned, because I'm just that great.

What we've learned

7 years ago

CYS was my first time on an internet forum. Seriously didn't know what the hell they were a year and a half ago. Also I learned to write here because of the articles. Thanks for the amazing english grades, articles. ;)

What we've learned

7 years ago

If you leave your interdimensional tavern unattended for a weekend, someone will burn it down.

If one of your NPCs pisses off some of your PCs, be prepared for her to die horribly.

You can construct the area your PCs are exploring as they go,  and they'll never know the difference.

If you're a Social Justice Owl, people may not always like you, but they'll remember you! XD

What we've learned

7 years ago

Who the fuck is this?

What we've learned

7 years ago

Oh shit. Steve is a snake and I think owls eat snakes. I'll go look it up.

I'm probably wrong though.

If i'm not this owl is gonna eat Steve

Unless he's venomous

What we've learned

7 years ago

Morgan_R the Social Justice Owl, obviously. ^_^

What we've learned

7 years ago

If you eat Steve then you'll probably choke and die so don't eat steve he's very venomous

What we've learned

7 years ago
That's poison. Being venomous means the animal is injecting toxins into an individual, not the individual eating the animal.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Fuck logic.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Was joking about your last point about being remembered.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Oh, right. XD

I don't think we were really active at the same time... unless you were just busy writing storygames while I was faffing about in the Forum Games section and shouting "White Sail." Or I've just forgotten our interactions, in which case I apologize. I am a very forgetful owl!

What we've learned

7 years ago

You know what they say about some people being forgetful. And you aren't alone.

Owl forget my head if it isn't screwed on.

Puns.

What we've learned

7 years ago

The DMG has a randomized dungeon generator for a reason. 

What we've learned

7 years ago

I've learned tha not everybody likes Tim.

My life is a bit sadder now than it already is.

What we've learned

7 years ago

You made a typo.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Yes.

What we've learned

7 years ago

oops.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Tiiiiim.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Sorry.

Internet.

What we've learned

7 years ago

When life gets hard, we must blame our troubles on the internet.

Damn you, Internet!

What we've learned

7 years ago

CYS hasn't been letting me post, or making more than one posts for me lately.

It's either two, or nothing.

What we've learned

7 years ago
I've learned that not everybody likes Tim.

His life is just that much sadder now.

What we've learned

7 years ago
not everybody = most people probably

What we've learned

7 years ago

Mhm.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Oh look, it's Chanbot.

Now i'm reminded that even though i'm a scrivener I will never be on the list of people who matter.

Life is pointless.

What we've learned

7 years ago
If I ever add a degenerate list you'd probably be able to make it so there's a sliver of hope for you yet.

What we've learned

7 years ago

Hooray! I'm gonna be on the degenerate list!

Well...

What we've learned

7 years ago

I've learned:

-The longest amount of time you can hide your identity as an alt is roughly half of a week.

-To find a balance between the time you create an alt and the time you post as it.

-No matter how long you are on a writing site, you can still find a way to procrastinate from any actual writing.

What we've learned

7 years ago

I've returned and am on the border of anorexia.

Fight me.

What we've learned

7 years ago

... You wanna talk about it, buddy?

What we've learned

7 years ago

'Twas hyperbolic, though I am quite underweight.

And since when did 'buddy' become a thing?

What we've learned

7 years ago

It became a thing when they needed a less cheesy word then "chum" and "pal"

What we've learned

7 years ago

And someone explain to me the Orders?

What we've learned

7 years ago

3J won't tell anyone what they are for, exactly. Look in the news and updates for detail.

There are four orders. Sages, Architechts, Marauders, and Wardens. Sages are the best.

Every commendation you get adds to your orders total commendations, and you can get these with a contribution to the site (featured comment, commendable storygame, good forum post, ETC)

What we've learned

7 years ago

Randomly assigned teams, Mods will say something like"10 points to Slythrin" for good posts

What we've learned

7 years ago

Mine was better

What we've learned

7 years ago

Mine was more accurate.