Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Weirdest story behind your scars?

7 years ago
I need some ideas for a story, gotta come up with a way to explain a massive scar on the back of someone's calf and I'm having a mind blank. Anyone got any interesting stories behind scars?

7 years ago
As revealed in "A Tale of Two Brothers", Scar was once named Taka, and had become upset when he learned that his older brother Mufasa was chosen to be king over himself. He wanders off to talk to three hyenas named Shenzi, Banzai and Ed, who tell him that if Mufasa is made to look like a failure, then he will look kingly in comparison and soon take the throne.

This leads to Taka tricking his brother into going down to the waterhole, where a Cape buffalo called Boma is refusing to share the water with the rest of The Pride Lands which, at the time, is having a terrible drought.

While there Mufasa starts to try to reason with Boma and Taka roars and tells Boma that he must move by order of the Lion King, or fight Mufasa, Boma then charges out of the water at Mufasa. Mufasa escapes with the aid of an ape called Rafiki, and Boma goes after Taka instead.

Mufasa runs back and finds Taka being attacked by Boma's herd. A large buffalo slashes Taka with his horns, causing him to be knocked unconscious. Mufasa leaps in to save his brother and the buffaloes prepare to attack again. Before they can do so, King Ahadi, father of Taka and Mufasa, appears with a large herd of animals that surrounds the Buffaloes. It was during this attack that Taka got a scar on his eye, and renamed himself "Scar", as a reminder of his mistake, explaining his cruel name.

(Disney Wiki, "Scar")

7 years ago
Thanks Ford, very helpful

7 years ago
I hope to have sprinkled you with inspiration.

7 years ago
Somewhere on the internet there is a series with multiple massive, novel length fanfics going into the backstory of Mufasa and Scar and everything that happened during and after the movie and lion and hyena culture and sex and religion and etc.

Seeing the name 'Taka' brought it all back to me in a rush, holy shit. I think in that series he was scratched by a white badger though, which is much lamer.

7 years ago

When I was about three, I decided to play in a laundry basket at Christmas. I rocked it back and forth and fell onto this stone fireplace thingy, splitting it open. 

7 years ago

As the character is climbing on the counter to reach the cabinets, he falls and slides onto the floor, while a butchers knife cuts his calf. (Apparently this happened to my cousin once. Also, it's probably not interesting, but an idea.)

7 years ago
edit: i have misunderstood

7 years ago

Wow. The only scar I have is on my middle finger, which I almost cut off with a knife while cutting cardboard.

7 years ago
shhh....the title and OP do not go together...

7 years ago

What if there was a major car crash? However, the car landed in the bayou! The person managed to escape the car, but then an alligator swam over and began wrestling with the survivor. The person fought off the alligator and saw a kitten on the shore of the swamp. They dragged themselves out of the water and began to pet the adorable kitten. The kitten got tired of pets so it scratched them and ran away, causing a scar on their calf and on their heart.

7 years ago

You wanna know how I got these scars?

My father, was a drinker, and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it.

He turns to me and says, "Why so serious?"

He comes at me with the knife.

"Why so serious?"

He sticks the blade in my mouth...

"Let's put a smile on that face."

And...

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

7 years ago
Are you suggesting I include ~abuse~ in a story game? That's disgusting End how could you even post that without a trigger warning.

7 years ago
The correct term is "alternative care"

7 years ago

Heath Ledger was best Joker.

7 years ago

Scars can be interesting plot devices. A good backstory on a scar is the antagonist (if there is one) caused it, since the scar can serve as a motivator and reminder of the misdeeds the antagonist did, thus encouraging the protagonist to enact out revenge. Such as this:

I once encountered the dangerous and wanted mutant jaguar, named Rapier by the officials and peasants. Striking without warning, it has killed and devoured multiple townspeople, rising in infamy. It's only ever attacked near the crops which lie on the outskirts of town and around the plants growing out in the forest, which peasants used to regularly go out and harvest. It has also attacked at night; it seems that it's evolved to not need much sleep. The officials have placed a bounty on the creature; 10,000 gold coins. I couldn't decline the offer, no matter how dangerous the beast was; I researched and gathered as much information about the thing as I can before gathering my equipment and setting out to put it down once and for all. Little did I know it was two steps ahead of me. It ambushed me when I was waiting far-off, looking at a spot one of the townspeople warned me not to go to. It struck quick and hard, cutting deep into one of my calf. Fortunately, it left itself open to a counter-attack and I was able to swiftly cut into it with one of my knives. It recoiled and ran off to heal, and I made my way to town as fast as I could. I collasped before I could reach it, but one of the villagers found me and was able to carry me to a surgeon. After stitching up my calf, he charged a hefty sum but I was able to pay due to my previous successful completed bounties. Going to the tavern, I began to think up new ways to catch and kill that monstrosity, thinking of the new scar on my calf...

Certainly not a good example, but I hope it helps you in any way.

7 years ago
Once I got in a huge fight with my boyfriend and well, no need to get into all the details here, but long story short I was well and truly sick of his shit and shot the bastard right through the stomach. I needed a smoke after that and he was sort of half blocking the doorway. So I stepped over him and...well, you can probably guess where I'm going with this. Fucker wasn't quite dead yet and stabbed me in the leg, right in the back of the calf.

To this day I still don't even know where he got the knife.

Anyway, all these years this has been a secret just between me and the gators. You guys promise not to tell anyone ok?

7 years ago

Well this would have been completely believable except for one thing:

"Boyfriend"

7 years ago

Beat me to it.

7 years ago

You had a boyfriend? Hahaha what a funny story. 

7 years ago

Flordia woman kills man for not pretending to be her boyfriend for an internet forum.

7 years ago

If you didn't want anyone to tell anyone, why'd you post it on the internet?

7 years ago

Does it really need a back story to it? Maybe the character simply doesn't remember how he got the scar; that can help add some mystery to him. Personally, I have a couple of scars that I don't remember getting. They're just there.

7 years ago

I'd imagine Sarah managed to get you in the hydraulic press but it didn't completely kill you, only leave a few scars.

7 years ago

Well... I would give a story but it would "scar" you for life!

Ba dum ksh

7 years ago

Being a native Ishvalan, the man known as Scar carries the dark complexion and distinctive red irises of his people. He is fairly tall with a muscular build and his hair is shaved close on the back and sides, leaving a silver-colored crown on top.  The upper portion of his face is disfigured with a large X-shaped scar which stretches across his forehead and down over his eyes into his upper cheekbones.  Scar wears sunglasses to hide his red eyes from view and bears a distinctive gold-colored jacket emblazoned with a cross on the back and sleeves. Additionally, he sports a pair of black slacks with a white cross on the left leg and a white stripe running down the right.

7 years ago

Accidentally cut at birth, and now there's a small scar on my thigh. Long story.

I also have this scar on my right pinky from when a small dog nearly ripped my finger off. And I have a little scar on my left hand where my cat scratched me. Don't know why it hasn't faded away at this point.

7 years ago
I have a small scar on my knee because I fell onto a stick.

A fucking stick.

Also have one below my bottom lip where my teeth went through my skin after my face smashed into a vent when I got into a car accident.

7 years ago
What the fuck that teeth thing is so disgusting agh

7 years ago

I have a Scar on my nose from a Frisbee.

7 years ago

Is that where my frisbee went?

7 years ago

Let's just say that someone finds it soothing to run a pen/pencil along the back of their calf, and they used the wrong utensil to do so out of habit.

7 years ago

What a... calftastrophe!

Ba dum ksh

7 years ago

Okay, I know puns, but that was terrible. You know this could damage your soul, but you continuously go out on a limb.

It's sad, really.

7 years ago

My puns are MEANT to be bad. If you had 'calf' a mind you'd know that.

7 years ago
The Lord of Bad Puns is at it again! Break a leg out there, my dude!

7 years ago

*Finger gun*

Guess you could say I have a 'leg up' on the pun haters.

7 years ago

7 years ago

That song is for neo-nazis, 6-year old negative eugenicists, and vegan/raw dieters who think they cure cancer. To use this on a humble, if annoying punster, is a sacrelige and a travesty. Just because someone keeps shitting in the elevator doesn't mean you run up and strangle them for it.

7 years ago

He's been doing it in literally every thread I've seen him in. Enough is enough, my penguin friend. 

7 years ago

Sent is right. You don't strangle elevator shitters. I'll make every pun I can. Guess you could say i'm 'rising' to the challenge.

7 years ago

You're only sinking lower with every post. Quit while you still have the moral high ground.

7 years ago

I'm at rock bottom already ;)

7 years ago
I agree with this statement. MinnieKing started going downhill as soon as he uttered his first terrible pun upon this plane of existence, and he has now reached the lowest point possible in his shit-posting career. There's no possible way it can get worse than this.

7 years ago

You wanna go, BannerLord? Prepare for the ultimate... showdown.

Ba dum KSHHHHH

7 years ago
Well then, I stand corrected. You can apparently go into the negatives on the shit-posting scale.

7 years ago

You'd better believe it.

7 years ago

For the love of everything that is holy, DO NOT stoop down to the pun level of the CNN 10 anchor Carl Azuz.

7 years ago

Challenge accepted

7 years ago

Create a new forum for that, please.

We've already gotten off topic here enough.

7 years ago
the lounge is the best place for off-topic

7 years ago

Don't worry i'll get us back on topic.

Scars.

Once I had a lovely blue scarf that was gonna be discarded for a garage sale. I was scared to let go of my lovely blue scarf, so I didn't sell it and I tripped on it the next day, and got a scar. I ate some escargot after that.

7 years ago
Two years from now I'm going to link you back to your old posts so I can make you cringe.

7 years ago

You'll have to take off your mascara first.

7 years ago

Got a scar on my finger where young-me thought it was a good idea to play with a very dangerous, heavy object. It needed a lot of stitches and there's a very noticeable indent in a semi-straight line down my second finger.

There's also a slight scar on my neck where the seatbelt cut into my neck. Jeez...during that time, it looked like my neck had  scales.