Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

When's the next competition?

7 years ago

Pencils at the ready! The month's nearly half over, looking forward to a new contest :)

7 years ago

Please be a love story! Please be a love story! I mean uhhh, anything is great. Yeah, I totally have no preferences.

7 years ago

I think it might be interesting to have a tournament instead of just a competition. Put everyone into brackets, and have a "duel" with writing. That might be fun.

7 years ago

Yee boy.

7 years ago

Yeah. Pit people against each other.

7 years ago
At this point, skipping February and having the next competition be in March is probably the best course of action (unless they want to start the contest now and have it stretch into March). Only half a month to write a decent storygame is pretty demanding.

7 years ago

They could try some sort of new format, such as best story written in 48 hours / a week or something. Not giving up on a contest in February yet!

7 years ago
Yeah, they could hold a contest for linear stories, but storygames are out of the question in my opinion.

7 years ago
Please no storygame contest in Feb and March! We will burn out! (but that is just my opinion)

7 years ago
You only managed one of the two you entered. Should be plenty left in the tank. Roads to drive, fuel to burn.

7 years ago
But if there's no contest, how will you weasel out of writing the thing you made a thread about for the 28th?

7 years ago

We should have an Edgelord contest.

In fact, that's a good idea. Going to post it in CC.

7 years ago

Edgelord...? As in the emo, edgier-than-thou people?

7 years ago

Posted.

There, you have your February contest.

If you want to go emo, go for it, but since I'm the one judging this thing you might want to go more Death Metal.

7 years ago
Ever hear the Rolling Stones song "Starfucker" off the Goats Head Soup album? Atlantic Records insisted on changing the title to Star Star, but the band refuses to call it by anything other than its original title. Not death metal, but one of the most censored songs of all time.

7 years ago

I shall listen to this for science then xD

I've never heard of it, but it sounds like something I'd be interested in.

7 years ago

I listened to this and now I can't stop repeating the lyrics. Outloud. I've been walking around quietly saying starfucker for an hour.

7 years ago
In addition to End's there will be a week long contest from the 17th to 24th.

7 years ago

Brilliant, thanks for the heads up!