Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

weird foods

7 years ago
Hello,

I know that this has been braught up many times in the past, but hey, one more food thread won't hurt. Anyway, what are some weird foods that you have had, or that you have because of the country that you live in? I am from the Philipine Islands (at least through my family), and one of the weird foods that we have there is "Egg Embreo." which I have never tried, but man, that sounds way awful.
Well, THis is going to be fun!

weird foods

7 years ago

Clam is pretty weird.

I eat it as if it were gum since it takes so long to chew. Actually that may have been squid.

weird foods

7 years ago

Nah, squid usually breaks up if you chew it. Clam tends to maintain a coherent shape no matter how much you beat it up.

weird foods

7 years ago

I've picked up ants and eaten them before. It wasn't any special cuisine, but it was strange nonetheless.

weird foods

7 years ago

One time I ate dog food, that was pretty weird. I actually thought it was pretty good and went back for seconds. Little kid me was really weird.

weird foods

7 years ago

I've done that too! I even took some in a bag and ate it at school for the shock value.

weird foods

7 years ago

Lol, what the hell Zag, were you just the kid eating worms and paste in elementary school?

weird foods

7 years ago

No, I was the artsy creep who did weird stuff for the lolz.

weird foods

7 years ago

So this one time, I imported some sort of weird egg thing from the Philippines thinking it was a one of those exotic eggs like duck eggs. It took quite a long time for it to arrive in where I live about 1-2 days. Thankfully the exotic egg has not spoiled yet. I cracked open the exotic egg with my frying pan prepared but the egg has a different... structure. It's really not describable and looks so not like a boiled or normal egg. I took a sip at the egg, thinking it would give me salmonella or whatever you call that bacteria is but it turns out, it's safe to drink. I didn't get explosive diarrhea. As I cracked it open to make bigger hole, I saw some sort of hard shell, legs, and... something yellow. I bit into the yellow thing and it tasted a lot like a harder version of egg yolk. No person in the right mind would bite the leg so... I pulled out the leg and I saw an object I won't tell you about. I bit it and it tastes really good. The other eggs I imported were eaten by me... eventually. I think that's what you meant by egg embryo right @Shinobi?

I also tried to eat toothpaste before and I nearly vomited.

weird foods

7 years ago
yep, that is exactly what I was talking about. That is Ballut, which is basically an aborted chicken which has grown for a number of months before it is killed, enough for you to see what gender the animal is, as well as other features such as the legs and maybe the head.

weird foods

7 years ago

Cactus can grow certain kinds of fruit on them and they taste and look pretty good. Even just eating the cactus all together isn't bad. Just don't forget to remove the spikes.

weird foods

7 years ago

Oh boy, buckle up kiddos, I got this:

• There's a cat eating festival in Peru, for all you animal lovers out there.
  • Also, we eat guinea pigs. Tastes like chicken.
  • In the Amazon, we have a fruit called mauritia flexuosa, or aguaje, that has female hormones in it: men can grow boobs if they eat too much (so can women, if any flat chested gal cares).
  • Suri, a type of worm also from the jungle.
  • Alpaca is served in some luxury restaurants.
  • And last, but not least, Tocosh. It is fermented potato soup from before the spaniards, but it smells like vomit. The worst thing I've ever approached.

weird foods

7 years ago
Dang, where are you from? Just wondering because all of those things sound incredibly strange, but they sound like something I would try at least once, even the fruit with estrogen because why not, I have always wondered what it would be like to be a girl temporarily.

weird foods

7 years ago

Peru: we got a sea (suck that Bolivia)

weird foods

7 years ago

The 1,000 year eggs are disgusting and please don't eat them. 

weird foods

7 years ago

Surely you guys have heard of that maggot cheese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

weird foods

7 years ago
I have heard of this cheese, it doesn't sound that bad, except for the maggots, but I bet you could cook the maggots out of the cheese it'sself and just eat it after it's cooked, it couldn't be that bad.