Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

Still waiting for the next great story on CYS?

Robbed every tomb in the IS Graveyard?

Banned for 200 years at CoG because you used the wrong pronoun and offended everyone?

Well here's another place you can get your fix, you CYOA junkies!

http://editthis.info/create_your_own_story/Main_Page

(Don't worry, we all know you're still loyal CYSers, you're just scouting for us)

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

There's some really *ahem* fascinating stories on there.

Another CYOA site

7 years ago
Lol didn't expect you to put it up right away.

Kids, use caution when exploring strange sites. Uh, especially that one. Beware of men in trenchcoats handing out candy from unmarked, windowless vans.

I'm still kind of in awe at their idea of using a wiki, though. Simple and brilliant, no coding needed.

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

This was posted a few years ago (by 3J I think?), all I remember is playing a game where I was satan. It was cool for the first few pages where I was lighting shit on fire then I got the fuck out of there when the main character possessed a bus driver and raped a 13 year old girl.

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

Yeah it was Fazz who linked to a story called Rampage.

I was talking about once having the idea to create a demon possession story at the time and he found one on that site. Though I'd completely forgotten that it was THIS site in particular that had that story.

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

Ah, I remember that one. Good times :)

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

*Reads a random story from here*

I think I just died a little on the inside.

Another CYOA site

7 years ago
Found two more via Alexa's similar sites feature. Textadventures in particular sees more traffic than CYS or CoG, surprisingly enough. Goes to show how big the net is, there could be a gigantic IF website somewhere which we don't even know about.

textadventures.co.uk

and

dashingdon.com

Another CYOA site

7 years ago

I used to frequent that first site for a while, before I discovered that it was almost impossible to find my game after I'd published it on their site. Otherwise it had some nice games on there.

itch.io is another one. It describes itself as an indie site, but there are IF games on there so long as you use the right filters, although I tend to find more Twine games on there. I had trouble publishing anything on there though and the community could be better.