Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

So I decided I'm going to write a sequel to that 22-page-long short story I submitted to the Edgelord contest. There's just something fun about writing a world where every other person is literally a monster and/or a murderer and/or a rapist, and you have to pick out who among them is guilty of the particular crime you're being sent to investigate. Except this time, instead of a "Look at my fantasy world!" quest, it'll be an actual mystery with suspects and shit. Probably.

But then I remembered the whole discussion we had about Maid Marion fucking the Sheriff of Nottingham and I figured, hey, let's make a moral dilemma or something:

So, let's say Leonard enjoys sex. A sultry half-squid lady seduces him in his office and they have post-apocalyptic tentacle fuckery. She wanted to cheat on her husband because she'd spent years abstaining, as her husband lost his cock in the war and started getting really insecure and verbally abusive. Her husband, who is a member of the Town Guard, gets mucho pisso, and hires The Exterminator to kill her.

The Exterminator does what he's told and has Charred Calamari for dinner, and brags about his kill and the resulting large influx of money to his only real friend, Oleg, but only on the grounds that Oleg promised to tell no one else about any of it. However, the squid lady was a very popular musician, and she played for The Church Band.

The Cult of Dreggnion, having lost its favorite saxophonist, gets up in arms and demands to know whodunnit, resulting in the first actual trial (Albeit, a kangaroo court trial) this city has had in decades. They force the Town Guard to declare it valid by holding various non-believers hostage. The husband takes the opportunity to "Officiate" the trial, (basically just riling up the crowd all the time) and pins the murder on Leonard, who is naturally peeved.

Oleg, distressed that an innocent man is being accused, goes to testify that it was The Exterminator who did it, and he tries to reassure Leonard by telling him and one of the less zealous cult priests (Harris) the truth. The Exterminator, catching wind of this, sneaks into the court yard and murders Oleg before he can deliver his testimony. Leonard, knowing that The Exterminator would kill him too, convinces the lynch mob to spare him by playing up his "affair" with the squid lady as something more romantic and beautiful than the one night stand it really was, and told them that her husband was clearly the murderer since he was all jealous about being cucked.

Harris, who is Leonard's friend, convinces the mob that the husband is the murderer, because Leonard is a professional detective and would never lie about the guilty party in a case. The Cultists, lead by the priest, grab the husband and toss him into the Mouth of Dreggnion they keep in their basement, where he is raped to death by fungal slime and animated viscera.

Order Oleg, Leonard, Harris, The Exterminator, The Husband, The Cult, and the Squid lady in order of most to least evil. Much like the little website with the Robin Hood Morality test, I offer free judgemental blurbs about how you're a rapist patriarch to all comers.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
... my head! Too much detail obscuring the facts! Can't make head nor tentacle of it!

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Dude is mean to his wife, wife sleeps with Leonard. Dude hires hitman to kill wife in response. Hitman eats wife. He tells his best friend Oleg about it, only after his friend promises to never tell anyone.

Wife was friend of the cult. The cult gets pissed off and tries to get a trial. The only way for this to be officiated by those who uphold what little law there is is to get the Town Guard to actually do something. They do this by holding various citizens hostage until the town guard agrees to officiate it.

The husband of the eaten wife is part of the town guard, and agrees to sort of "judge" what's happening in the kangaroo court. He decides to kill two birds with one stone and pin the murder on Leonard as revenge. Oleg is upset that an innocent man is being put on trial, and knowing that the hitman would never confess, goes to testify against the real hitman. However, he tells Harris (a cult priest) and Leonard the truth first, and the Hitman/Exterminator hears about what happens and kills Oleg before he can be incriminated.

Leonard decides to turn the crowd against the husband instead by lying about the affair and romanticizing what happened, making the whole trial out to be the husband's jealous scheme, and Harris agrees, saying he can vouch for Leonard's honesty. The cult, satisfied with this answer, sacrifices the husband long and painfully to their bizarro vagina deity.

Who's the worst in this scenario?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

The worst is first:

Leonard, Harris, The Cult, The Exterminator, Squid Lady, Oleg.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

What's your logic in deciding this, then?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Dang blastit, I confused some of Leonard's actions with the husband's thus screwing my analysis. Meh, I'll get back to this later.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Men:

You have a bizarre and overly romanticized view of shit and have probably never did the sex.

Women:

You have weird and conflicting views that probably result from childhood molestation. How was your relationship with your father?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Assuming the question is 'Who's most culpable in this madhouse.' Optimising through optionality (who could have but chose not to)

Least | Cult excluding Harris | Hitman | Wife | Harris | Oleg | Leonard | Husband | Most

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

That really is an interesting justification. However, I might add that the hitman could have chose not to burn and eat the wife, but decided against that. When you rated Leonard, did you base it on his having sex, or him falsifying the trial? Or both?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
No, it's his job. Keeps the whale oil lamps lit, he's not going to change his line of work anytime soon, so I don't blame a knife for applying for work in the kitchen in a post apocalyptic mutant filled wasteland, least of all. Leonard - both. You can argue the woman was not thinking logically, but he's the one who also consented, he had the option not to. Then falsifying was yet another choice he made which he did not have to (it was again, discretionary). So, to hell with him.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

But do hitmen have a place in society? Especially one that's at least attempting to rebuild? The Exterminator could have applied for the Town Guard, or similar protective military jobs, instead of feeding into dissent and angering mobs by committing murder and eating people.

And are you supposed to just never consent to sex, since it's an option that causes trouble? It's true he did assume she wasn't married, but he probably never deduced something was up until she disappeared, and had no reason, from his perception, to believe it would cause any trouble until it did. Keep in mind that the church in this city worships a mass of Cthulhu genitals, so unmarried people going out looking for one night stands are probably common.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Yes, an uncomfortable one. He can take jobs on marks outside his colony, so he's more of a freelancer in a world with low job security. Also, and this is contrarian, but at times creating chaos can reduce chaos.

Come on, in the guy's case, I'm fairly sure he knew something was up. Unless either love was really free or he had the social skills of a gerbil, or the like, he's culpable. If love is really free, then his culpability goes down a little, but not more than one ranking at most.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Perhaps, but although it's never really been established, colonies are far apart, and separated by vast wastelands of dangerous animals and scientific anomalies. He is an actual exterminator as well, and it is his job to deal with those whenever somebody pays him. Because the Town Guard takes care of things like crime (if they can be arsed) and is very focused on cracking down on bandits and foreign invaders trying to get into their city.

Now, there's no way to tell any of this from the prompt itself, but most of everything/everyone The Exterminator kills lives in the town, or was trying to settle in town before The Exterminator killed them. Technically, he could be used as a political tool to maintain order, since the Town Guard only functions as a proper police force when it suits them/suits the plot.

But it is a trade city built by monopolistic aristocrats trying to keep everyone else down, a lot of what he does is for his (or someone else's) petty revenge and/or enjoyment. He's far more likely to be chasing beggars off the street and feeding their possessions to his dogs than he is to be chasing dissenters out of their alleyways and restoring a twisted sense of law and order.

He does create fear, enough that people drastically alter their lives to avoid him. But, it's not focussed, or 'goal oriented' fear that keeps people in line. It's just fear in general, vaguely aimed at people who can afford to hire him, but not in any exploitable sense.

And yeah, Leonard's a private detective, and the age old cliche is that you go there if you think your spouse is cheating on you, but sex is viewed very casually in this setting up until someone does something really befuckled in bed. Especially since by the nature of his profession, him having been a drug-addicted gladiator for steroid-narcotic trafficking rings, he's had to hang out in circles which are purely hedonistic, regardless of religion. Sex and love are mutually exclusive actions here, and for all he knew, she could've been a Dreggniate Pilgrim who finally found someone alone in a room.

Also no way to tell this from the prompt provided, but the Dreggniate scenario is particularly probable, since squid people are sort of looked down on/avoided as a marginalised minority, with other "Deformed" non-superpowered mutants and creatures. Squid Prostitutes, as it was established in the earlier short story, are half price for that very reason. Since his friend is very religious, he probably visits the church more now that he's sober. He's probably seen her, or people like her, playing instruments and singing.

Hell, sex-exclusivity in relationships is a weird, controversial thing in Dreggniate culture. Social contracts like marriage (Whether monogamous or poly) are practiced mainly by Kriva-Worshipping business owners, who have lineages and nepotism to play with. Dreggnion was purposefully introduced to the have-nots, who, would have familial obligations or sexual consequences due to the church employing children.

They would reproduce to join their armies, be their workforce, and generate meat and other physical blessings from Dreggnion the Flesh God. It's uncommon and odd for a soldier of the Town Guard to be married. The exclusive relationship probably sprouted out of a genuine love.

However, a Krivan Marriage that the Squid woman may not have fully understood (Or one that she may have come to recognize and resent) would be something an immasculated man would impose in a desperate bid for power and attachment, especially if he were of the largely Dreggnion-worshipping soldier class.

This is probably a useless tangent to get into, from a morality-exercise standpoint, but justifying a Hitman's existence as protective or destructive, and explaining why sex between two members of the proletariat is utterly innocuous, even to socially aware individuals, is very much an in-story thing.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Alright, that's a lot of detail. I'm still waiting for your feedback on my rankings

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

I already parodied all the real gold nuggets present on that site, ranging from the "Too far in Marion's favor" to "Too far against Marion" to "Like me, you are also a God!" answers that the Robin Hood Morality quiz gives you. I do have a line about your head being so far up your ass that it's hard to tell where asshair starts and neck-pubes begin, but I feel like saving that for a more releveant occassion.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

What a strange, alien logic. If I worked as a pedophile for hire, would that be cool and I'd escape your blame?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

First of all, you're taking this out of context. Second, I would have preferred you not have brought up pedophilia as the point of discussion, accordingly I'll preface my answer with this stern disclaimer: Murder / Rape / Arson / Pedophilia / other major crimes are harmful for society at large and should be dissuaded and punished as far as possible. If you would work as a pedophile for hire, you would be liable to be drawn and quartered. However, once you had decided you were going down that path, I would not fault you for executing on a contract. I would fault you for being, but not be surprised at you for doing.

In this hypothetical scenario that Sent has wrought, where blame is to be ascribed for actions done and not done. The hitman not living up to their contracted agreement would be a deviation they would be liable for. The existence of a professional hitman means that society is willing to pay the upkeep (as individuals or as a whole), he's serving some social function (though arguably one harmful to society at large while benefitting some). Once he's offered his service, and no one's killed him / regulated him down for doing what he does, and he's been tendered, I cannot fault him for executing his negotiated deal. Would you sue a gun for firing a bullet? Once he's accepted the contract, he's more a gun than a person. Now, is his decision to deal in this service absolutely deplorable? Yes. Should he be punished for choosing to do what he does? Yes. However, he would not be at fault for doing what's he's said he's out to do once he's declared the fact. The deal itself unlawful, yes. Outrageously so. However, in terms of responsibility in this story, he is not responsible for the outcomes that happened after he killed.

It's a minute detail, and once again, I do not condone any of the acts mentioned above. I just reason that once they've set out to do their act, I don't fault them for executing on it.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

People aren't guns, Stryker. I don't fault a gun because it didn't make a choice. The Exterminator, however, did. Your logic here is ridiculous. "Yes, he was wrong to become a hired killer, but now that he is one, whatever, he's not responsible".

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

I don't think you've seen life under extreme competition. Also, you're misreading me again. I'm categorically saying that he is not 'right' for his actions, only that his actions are consistent, and when apportioning blame in the specific scenario, his actions are for better or worse rational and comprehensible from his perspective. Again, the actions are terrible, his carrying them out after committing he will, basis his circumstances, is rational.

The question I'm answering is whether or not he's rational (he is), not whether he's responsible for a crime (he is)

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

What in the name of fuck does me having seen "life under extreme competition" have to do with anything? 

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Under extreme competition, a person's options become really narrow. Let me throw a hypothetical - an unemployed widower father of two malnourished kids has an option to conduct a robbery to get money to feed his kids (and no one else will take them/feed them short of putting them up for adoption, he's tried everything else). He goes ahead with the robbery, the consequences of the robbery are irrelevant for this example. I condemn his actions, but with no other option to feed his kids, I can understand them. In a better situation, he would not have to face that choice, but once he does, I do not fault him, in his situation, for taking it.

E: This scenario itself is purposely extremized, many smaller versions of this happen extremely frequently under situations of extreme competition. For a lighter version, you could take a situation where the kids are thirsty and haven't had water for days, they reach a city where no one is willing to give them water, the father resolves to steal. Is he at fault for theft? Yes. Can I understand his choice? Yes.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Yes, because that's relevant in this case, where we clearly know the Exterminator did what was necessary to save his kids.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
The setting for Sent's story is post apocalyptic. I don't think that means free food and campside s'mores for everyone.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

You basically pointed out "Sometimes people do bad things for good reasons!" in a jerk-off manner, which I don't give a fuck about. Sure, the Exterminator is in a fairly shit situation, but there's no actual reason worth considering given for his actions, so what was the fucking point of bringing it up? 

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
You're the one who asked for a clarification, which I provided.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

No, why bring up "life in extreme circumstance" in the first place by saying I don't understand it? What did that have to do with anything?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Because context is important in decision making. If you're going to argue that train of thought amongst the other points I've raised, this discussion has already run its course.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

The context was already clear, and as you've already said you don't think the context justifies the hitman or makes him any more or less reliable, what the fuck was the point of saying I hadn't "seen" it?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
If you're going to fight over my assumptions about your exposure, that's something for PMs and not worth derailing the thread for. That said, I see no point in continuing this over PMs, as we've already made our points.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

What a boring way to say nothing but "Sssh". So be it.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

If I parsed his wording correctly, I think he was trying to judge who was the most responsible for the situation, rather than judge the morality of the people involved.  Not who the villain is, but who started it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Close but not exact. Basically who could have prevented this from happening if they took a different choice that they had.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Which makes your choice all the more idiotic.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Steve. This 'conversation' has run long enough that I can now say this with clarity.

You are a disappointment.

You're not responding to my posts in order to have a discussion, you're just the online version of a bored guy sitting in the corner of a bar after knocking down a Guinness or five (you've lost count) because there was nothing better to do and is now looking for a fight to pass the time. That too, a fight merely for the sake of a fight, not because you have something worth fighting for.

None of your trite responses offered any justification or reasoning behind your objections, and the only issue you contended strongly was that I made an assumption about you. On my part, I continued to respond, taking the outside chance that you did indeed want to discuss a perspective, and so I tried offer a train of thought that could be analyzed and talked over. You have refused to do so. I'm done with giving your intentions the benefit of the doubt.

From now on, I will be treating you and your trouble seeking with a simple stance: disdain, and disappointment. I will not be wasting more of my own time responding to your whims unless you have something meaningful to say.

Furthermore, if you were looking for another glib quote on your wall of 'fame,' you won't be getting one from here.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

You've not made arguments. You made a dull point about how sometimes in shitty situations bad things are justified which had no relevance, and you've flip-flopped on what you were arguing, saying at one point you're arguing on how "rational" the hitman was and admitting that he was responsible, then saying he's second least in "Who could've prevented this from happening" as if because someone is expected to do something that means they have to. You've set down a gibberish argument, and in response to me pointing out how ridiculous it is all you have to do is whine.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

To be honest, this sounds like a pretty fucked up society anyway what with cults and mutant squid women running around. Food or at least good food is probably scarce and The Executioner was just not wanting to waste perfectly good meat.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

I mean, it's canonically established in the prequel that they at least have sellable bread, alcohol, pickles, and giant chickens with antlers.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Innocent to most guilty;

Squid Lady, Leonard, The Cult, Harris, Oleg, The Exterminator.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Your logic is confusing. Oleg, the guy who literally only says who the real killer is, is the second most guilty?

The lady who has an affair and starts this whole thing is the most innocent?

All of my what?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Men:

Lolwut woman-idolising cuckbar #thefedoraisstronginthisone you need to grow at least three more balls and better observe the relationships in your life.

Women:

You have high expectations from the men in your life, and you've often been very dissappointed.

On a more serious note, I'm interested in knowing more about what your thought process is on this. And also, you're missing The Husband.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

To be fair.

I just wanted your reaction :)

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Huh... I want an explanation for your logic. Harris, who only was a loyal friend and told the truth, is closer to guilty than innocent, as is the man who told the truth about it.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Squid Lady: Cheats on dickless Husband

Husband: Hires Exterminator to kill Squid Lady

Cult: Holds Kangaroo Trial

From best to worse, although honestly the cult, exterminator and husband are all fairly interchangeable, as are Leonard, Harris and Oleg.

Oleg, Harris, Leonard, Squid Lady, Cult, Husband, Exterminator

To explain, Oleg's the best because he risked his life to tell the truth and save a man's life, Harris is fairly interchangeable because he was only a loyal friend, Leonard then because he didn't betray anyone he loved or murder anyone or take hostages, only fucked some married chick, then Squid Lady, because cheating is a dick move, but nothing like kidnapping or murder. Cult then for kidnapping even if it was for a good cause, they still kind of acted like dicks. Husband then for basically performing one murder, while the Exterminator killed two people.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Order is same for me.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Sorry, first three lines aren't relevant, it was just me trying to get my head around it that I forgot to delete.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Men:

You're what we in the business call a "Romantic Realist", and in fact conceal a byronic sophistication beneath your otherwise self-righteous and grating exterior.

Women:

You're an experienced, sexual tigress with no tolerance for boys on men's errands.

But Leonard did do more than fuck a married chick. He had a guy tortured to death for a crime he technically didn't commit, in order to cover for an active murderer. Granted, the murderer would've murdered him if he didn't lie, but he still did it, even if it was to save his own skin.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

From worst to best

Oleg - Snitch bitch

Husband - Cuck that can’t even get his own hands dirty

Squid Lady - Cheating whore

Leonard - Degenerate

Harris - Coward

The Cult - Upholders of Justice

The Exterminator - Upstanding Citizen

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Men:

You're a disgusting example of everything that's wrong with America and you're a dog to the filthy fascist patriarchy!

Women:

You've been deeply oppressed by menfolk all your life. What you need most is introspection and a sexual awakening. Possibly even a bath with candles.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Pretty sure I was getting that result no matter what order I put them in.

Wasn’t quite sure where to put Harris. I might have had him more towards the “worse” end of things since being a coward is pretty bad, and if he was truly dedicated to the cause he would have reported The Executioner.

However I took into consideration that despite his failings, he still somewhat helped carry out justice for the cult, which at least made him better than Leonard and Squid Girl who started all this in the first place.

The only reason why the Executioner is above the Cult is because for the first hit, he was just doing his job and he was completely justified in killing Oleg for snitching on him who was supposed to be his friend.

I can imagine the Cult might not see it that way, but then the Cult has its own problems by letting weak willed fools like Harris into it.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

I mean, Harris, as a priest, has to spend extended periods of time with the Mouth of Dreggnion in case it says something the cult needs to hear. It's entirely possible he was tired of sitting in a dark doing nothing and wanted to see how his sex god would treat a creature missing key parts of its genitals. He's just as likely to have done it because he was really, really bored and his friend was in trouble, killing two birds with one stone.

But yeah, I just tried to act like the actual website did. Based on where they put the "Maid Marion" character, you get judged on your entire view of women and sex. If she's evil, you're a sexist, if she's good, you're a neckbeard, and if she's in the middle, you're some sort of sexually balanced, conventionally attractive hero on the path to enlightenment.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Here's mine. From least to most gilty, even if Sent told me to order them the other way around.
Harris: He did lie about some things, but they were miner lies, which he made just to save his friend. Maybe he even believed Leonard's story, and so didn't know he was lying.
Leonard: The poor guy enjoys some sex and nearly dies because of it. It is unknown when the Squid lady decided to tell him that she was married, or if he knew before that. But even if he did, the woman was old enough to make her own choices. And hey, tentacles!
Squid lady: She cheated on a man, but as seen by his actions, he is someone that she should have divorced long ago.
Oleg: It's nice to see that he doesn't want innocent people being blamed. But he is not someone I'd trust to keep a promise.
Cult: Holding people hostage is not nice (unless they are into it and agreed beforehand). I also don't trust cults in general. But at least they like music!
Exterminator: Sure, he just did his job, but some things should not be eaten. And that's not how you treat your only rea friend, either.
Husband: I'm not saying that he should have ignored the fact that his wife is cheating on him, but I'm sure he could solve it without hiring someone to kill his wife. Also, this could all be avoided if he just bought a dildo.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Harris very probably knew Leonard was lying, if he was informed about what was going on in the court before the cult asked him. Oleg, who was known to be close to The Exterminator, did tell them what I assumed Harris and Leonard concluded was the truth at the time of writing. From a lore standpoint, Harris knew Leonard was a drug addict, who probably lied all the time when he was on the stuff in order to get by, and The Exterminator is a lizardman who eats/rapes/kills whatever people pay him for, whether it's rats, roadhens, or street urchins, so eating somebody's wife isn't hard to imagine.

Also, you can't FEEL a dildo, which means it still doesn't keep her husband from being so upset and taking his insecurities out on her.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
"Harris knew Leonard was a drug addict," well, I didn't. Was it mentioned? I don't remember it being. And, yes, I'm sure the husband could feel a dildo, if it was shoved in his ass, at least. :)

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Ah, no, it wasn't mentioned. That last bit about the lore was all mostly in reference to the original story. The first bit was basically me saying I should have clarified earlier that Leonard and Harris took for granted that what Oleg said was true, and consciously lied about what happened.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Worst starts first. This time, I finally decoded the OP properly. The only deplorable person here is the husband. The others aren't that bad.

The Husband: got what he deserved. His first solution was murdering his wife out of an emasculated rage. Moreso, he wasn't even man-enouph to kill his wife instead paying someone else to do so. Lastly, he tried to have somebody else blamed for the murder.
The Exterminator: he killed Oleg to protect himself (and since his friend betrayed him) which is understandable. He's only this high since he cannibalized the squid lady.
The Cult: they only seem to want revenge and not justice. They also seem rather dumb; however, their method of execution seemed to be a little inhumane.
Leonard: committed adultery.Then, he lied to have the man who is a murderer (and trying to kill him) killed which is not a bad thing.
Harris: lied to have the man who is a murderer (and trying to kill his friend) killed which is not a bad thing.
Squid Lady: victim who committed adultery.
Oleg: poor choice in friends. Died to protect a man innocent of the crime. Did nothing wrong except not telling the truth immediately.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

If Squid Lady didn't tell Leonard she was married, on purpose, would that change your opinion?

And how do you differentiate Justice and Vengeance in a lawless post-apocalyptic settlement? What would have been Justice, and how would they have any way of finding it?

Of course they could just be angrily attacking to make themselves feel better, which is what revenge tries to do, but they could also just be scared, trying to find and stop the murderer to keep it from happening again, which is what a justice system tries to do. If they were being vengeful, wouldn't they have lynched the person who they thought did it, rather than made some vague attempt at a trial and tried to find the killer? Or is that just them trying to make sure the retribution went to the right person?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

The Husband- Not only a cuck, but also kind of a dick (lol), and had to hire someone to kill his wife instead of just doing it himself. Hell, him getting raped by many tentacle-like objects isn't that much of a punishment. It's probably his only source of sexual release. Good job, Cult.

The Cult- For reasons stated above.

Leonard- Nothing wrong with sex, but shouldn't have lied to aforementioned Cult.  Probably would've gotten innocent verdict anyway with Harris' help.

Oleg- Don't tell on your friends, kids. Just tell on the people your friends report to.

The Exterminator- Just doing his job, but the murder of Oleg kinda brought him down a bit. Shouldn't have told the bastard in the first place.

Squid Lady- She just wanted sex, man. That's cool. But not #1 for cheating and not just getting a divorce.

Harris- Literally did nothing wrong. Thought Leonard was telling the truth, especially with Oleg's confession.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Just doing his job, like Nazis/ Criminals/ Clowns.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Hey, that's extremely honking offensive! Clowns are usually well-meaning, upstanding members of society, just like everyone else. Sure, they're famous for being serial killers, but to say that the Clown Race is comprised exclusively serial killers is as ignorant as saying only white people are serial killers, or only old men are pedophiles. 

In fact, very few clowns are! It's just that non-evil clowns don't get on the news anymore these days. It's the systematic oppression of society that forces them to be this way! If the Pentagon and other exploitative racist organizations didn't pay disenfranchised clown communities to sell off their young to be trained for murder and haunting, we wouldn't have to deal with these deranged military experiments giving clowns a bad name! It's a clownspiracy!

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Bullshit, clowns are just the thin cover put over the deadlights.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

That's just what the KKK wants you to believe, so that you won't fault them for oppressing the Whiteblueredgreen people! The deadlights are only loosely associated with clowns, because one particularly cruel experiment bound an innocent clown supersoldier to a spider god-thing with magic powers. Only the Crimson King and some other Cthulhu assholes have that kind of magic otherwise!

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Being a Nazi should be a hobby not a job. It takes the fun out of it when it becomes work.

That’s why the Germans lost. All work and no play and all that.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Well, if he didn't do his job, and do it well, he wouldn't be called "The Exterminator".

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Well, he is also literally an exterminator. He just gets paid to exterminate people sometimes.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Still, legally changing your name to "Exterminator, The" would have more of an effect if you also exterminated people.

It also ruins your chances of getting another job.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Well, legality isn't really a thing here, and his lizard parents never loved him, so he doesn't really have a name. Or, if he does, he doesn't really use it because nobody knows him by that name. The Exterminator is a title imposed on him by other people, because that was the job he did before he started murdering, eating, and/or raping people for money. (Or just murder. Nobody really pays him to do the other two things.)

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Well, in that case, he has a title and expectations to live up to.

Where's my god damned fortune?!

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

The Exterminator eating the mutant squid lady is irrelevant. She wasn’t human so it wasn’t even like it was cannibalism and that has no bearing on whether he was “evil” or not. If cows, pigs and chickens could talk and all that, us eating them still wouldn’t make us evil either.

Sent also just said the Exterminator had lizard parents so he’s not a squid person either, so again not cannibalism. It also means he’s a mutant too and they eat each other all the time so who gives a shit?

He’s obviously some mix of carnivorous reptile so he’s probably going around suppressing his natural urges in the barely civil PA society anyway until he’s hired to kill someone which at that point he gets to clean up the murder by eating the body. Sounds like he found a good outlet.

Still don’t get why people are letting Oleg off the hook, the guy was a fucking snitch to his best friend. Seriously, that’s much worse than everyone here including the cuck and the mutant whore. Not to mention he's a fucking retard for pissing off a mean ass lizard man called "The Exterminator."

Also there are the long lasting repercussions of this. The Exterminator obviously doesn't have too many friends, and now that he's been betrayed by someone he THOUGHT was his friend, he's going to just be even more hostile and distrusting.

And since Harris' cowardly ass didn't report The Exterminator (Harris wouldn't be a snitch as he has no loyalty to E. and he's supposed to be part of the justice cult anyway and doing HIS job) The Exterminator is still walking about free to kill (and eat) more people.

Good job Oleg, you fucking stupid asshole.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
She wasn't human, but she was sentient. She probably had a level of intelligence similar to humans. Some people already view eating dogs or cats as wrong, because we own them as pets, and this lady was smarter from your average lazy cat.
Cannibal: A person who eats human flesh, or an animal that eats the flesh of animals of its own type. So if the squid lady and the exterminator are boath mutants, tecnicly they are the same type, no?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

People (Mostly westerners) just view eating cats and dogs as wrong because most have them for pets. They eat them all the time in the far east.

The Exterminator and Squid girl might both be mutants, but they're from different animal stock. Squid girl is a mollusk while Ex is a reptile. And as I said, those sort of mutants eat each other all the time, so it doesn't matter.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
Just because they eat each other all the time, doesn't mean that's a ok thing to do. But I guess this is how natural selection works. You win, End. :)

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

Well, it is probably useful to note that Oleg was one of those razorback bastards that threw Leonard out the door and bit his scalp off in the first story. He probably figured he was hard enough to have a go (and so did Ex, probably) but Exterminator managed to murder him anyway, since he's more experienced at sneaking around dudes that are bigger than he is.

And, I mean, there isn't many people you can report to. I mean, Harris could tell a Monopoly Lord, but they can only raise a small peasant army or hire a hitman or five, and The Exterminator has been dealing with those for the majority of his life, that's why he lives in a vault full of dogs and hostages. You could also call the town guard, but it takes a cult uprising/lynch mob to get one goddamn trial, let alone get them to arrest/bring in a highly unpredictable and violent mutant murderer. (Whom everyone was pretty sure was a murderer anyway.)

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

That is correct Tim, if he didn't do his job he'd not be named for said job. Very relevant point.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

I mean, you don't expect someone called "The Exterminator" to be smelling flowers and kissing babies, do you?

He was doing what he was paid to do.

Doesn't make it a good thing to do, but still.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
While your point is not wrong, Tim, I fail to see how it matters. He is called The Exterminator because Sentinel decided so. Besides, his name doesn't make him any more or less moral, or more or less gilty.
The fact that he's paied changes nothing. You could argue that it's his job, but it's not like he's forced into it, he chose it. The money does not make him more moral, it perhaps just makes him feel less gilty and gives him a better reason for what he does. He wasn't bribed by the husband with a large pile of money so he would agree, either. He willingly chose to offer his services for the right amount of money.
Question for everyone. A family member, friend, lover or whoever you hold dear is killed by a hitman. Would the fact that they were paied to do it make you hate them any less for it?

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago

That's what I'm saying. He wasn't as guilty as the husband, because he probably never would've killed the lady if the husband hadn't hired him to do it.

Personally, I'd hate the guy who hired the hitman. Hate the source.

Morality Test Mark II

7 years ago
To kill someone, you first need a reason to do it. It could be because you hate them, because they killed your cat, or because you were paied to do it. You won't kill (or do anything) without some reason, however small it might be. The fact that in this case the reason was payment doesn't change the fact that the hitman is just as gilty. Even if paied, he could decide to refuse it, but he didn't.

Morality Test Mark II

6 years ago

Tim, if I killed you because you had money I wanted to take or because killing you would net be profit, would that be better than if it was because you'd fucked my wife? At least the husband has a reason to want Leonard dead, because Leonard had been the outlet for his wife's betrayal of him. The hitman had no greivances with Leonard, but cared nothing for his life and presumably everyone elses. How is that better?