Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Roleplays in General

6 years ago

Anyone got tips for roleplaying? My friend and I have already made a short history for the story, the most important characters, and began with a few key scenes. We wrote in a book/story format. I'm curious on how to keep the plot going and not drag on the story for forever. I'm also trying to determine how we'll add variation and side stories but stick to the general plot. ;-;

Roleplays in General

6 years ago

This guy can help you out. If this video doesn't point you somewhere, maybe a binge-watch will. Though, from the standards of a regular writer who talks to girls and people in general, his ideas on certain notions of chracterization (*See Great Player: How to be a Female, or whatever it's called) can be a tad weird and antiquated, (I'd take some of his specific character advice with a grain of salt, but his character-building advice is good) but from a storytelling/game design standpoint, what he says in most of his videos is pretty much on fleek.

The best RP characters are characters that fit in their world, and the best worlds are worlds that make some sort of sense. Try to flesh things out, and always build up before you build out. Like sandwiches, syrup, shields, and so many other less edible things, plots are best when they're thick.

Roleplays in General

6 years ago

I recommend Watching This for further inspiration.

Roleplays in General

6 years ago

Tips on, roleplaying? Hmmm...Well, first, you gotta have distinctive safe word-- I mean, uh, bye.

Roleplays in General

6 years ago

Wait what? :o