Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Bill Nye saves the world

6 years ago

Well, seeing as the Lounge is always a good place to talk about shows I liked or hated (I've never been more happy to watch the graphic suicide of a teenager than Hannah Baker's) that no one else ever seems to watch, or to care about, or maybe they just think I'd try argue with them if their opinion differed from mine in any way. They'd be right, but whatever.

Anyhow, just watched Bill Nye's new show. It was pretty good. I always liked Bill Nye, seems like a fun dude who'd be up for some banter. The show's supposed to be made for adults, but it's pretty much just classic fun Nye, so my little brothers could watch it no bother. There was a lot of guest stars, especially big Youtube people like RoosterTeeth and Veritassium. Pretty good stuff anyhow. Nye was funny enough and pretty interesting. There wasn't really much debate, mostly instead Nye just informing me of cool shit.

There was, to be fair, a really, really bad in an otherwise pretty good episode about gender, and also for some reason some Monsanto dude was in an episode acting like misinformation was the only reason people didn't like Monsanto. Still, great stuff, there was a cool episode about Panspermia I knew nothing about, and Neil Degrasse Tyson played a robot coffee machine at some point, so great show.

Bill Nye saves the world

6 years ago

Well...

Shit, I guess I can't find anything to disagree with here. You've really stumped me on this one.

Bill Nye saves the world

6 years ago
Oh neat I had no idea he had a new show.

I remember hearing a few years back that he was a Scientologist now and it made me sad, but I can't find much on Google about it so apparently that was just a rumor.

Anyway damn I kind of want to hunt around on YouTube now for a few episodes of the old show but indulging in a nostalgia kick seems like a frivolous use of my data.

Bill Nye saves the world

6 years ago

*Meant to say "really, really bad song in an otherwise pretty good episode about gender". My bad, uncaring background characters.