Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Figured I'd ask this now that I have the time to post again. I was weirdly logged out this morning in ways I can't explain. there was even that "Logged in as" thing followed by an empty space that banned people have sometimes. Not that I'd know what that's like or anything.Was End fucking around, did I actually do something that warranted ban time that I missed entirely, or was there a mixup with that other Sentinel who was online earlier today?

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
If you got banned i'm going to be pissed.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Seeing as this thread is already shit that doesn't deserve to exist, I'd like it noted that there was times when I thought "I miss the days when Jimmy was the worst thing on the site, back before all the retards showed up." That was stupid nostalgia, and I hate you so much.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Instead of pointlessly throwing insults at you, i'm just going to say this...

*Sigh* I missed you too Steve.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Was End fucking around,

More than likely.

did I actually do something that warranted ban time that I missed entirely,

Probably.

was there a mixup with that other Sentinel who was online earlier today?

Doesn't matter. End may be becoming Keil right before our very eyes...

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Gasp

How could you say such a thing about good mod End?!

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Why not PM him in the meantime and just wait until he gets back online.

Edit:If you have nott done that already.

Edit 2: *not

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

I thought that you aren't able to post when banned, hence people make alts so they can post again. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Sentinel was saying he has suspicions he was banned this morning.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Someone can be unbanned? That, I did not know.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Yup. 

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Don't know what happened with your account, but I never messed with it and I haven't seen you do anything to warrant getting banned anyway.

Probably just the site fucking up as usual.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
What probably happened is like what Ogre said; Endy probably banned you on accident, realized he fucked up several minutes later, then banned the right sentinel. Fast-foward 3-4 hours later, Endy probably fixing some things when his reaper mind was like, "Dumbass! you forgot to unban the good sentinel!" Then Endy, talking to himself said to his reaper mind, "*sigh* Do I have to?" After fucking up some published warrior cats games, Endy probably unbanned you then.

At least, that's my version of it.

Edit: Damnit! Nevermind.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

...Endy?

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Nicknames.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Yeah I dunno why Jimmy insists on sounding like he's got some gay crush when he uses that term.

I was wondering when someone would call him out on it for the lulz.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

I wouldn't deny that possibility of the "crush" thing. 

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Not gay, not a weird stalker, just too lazy to write Endmaster repeatedly.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

End takes one nanosecond less to type.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
WELL! ...Yes it does.

I'm so damn stupid sometimes, you will have to forgive me for that one. I you can...I sure as hell would not.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Just write "End." It sounds less faggy and stalkerish.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Jimmy, 18 days ago there was a thread called Steve needs attention, because assholes change names. Fill that out for me please, I have a theory to check.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Steve demands attention. How dare you.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
iirc this is their only account. just back after a year or two of inactivity. doesn't seem like there's much difference between 10 year old jimmy and 12 year old jimmy though.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
FWIW when I went to the site today I was also logged out, despite having selected stay logged in. Never happened before. Seems to be the site going through a fit of dementia.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Ah, okay, it's the ghost admin. we're fine. Just the guy who eats old threads when the Admins aren't looking and boots people whenever a script fails.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
This happens every few months to me. Just log back in.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I got logged out this morning too, but since it's been brought up consider this a +1 for the idea of End just randomly banning people a few hours at a time for lulz. I mean, JJJ put a lot of work into that feature and it's a shame it barely gets any use.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Why are you guys constantly logged in anyway? I routinely log out of a place when I'm not actively using it.

You lot are weird.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Do you have any idea how non-lazy you have to be to type in your login information over and over again!? It takes precious seconds off of my procrastination schedule!

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
True Facts.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

What's the point of logging out? If you're not on the website, you don't show up on "Who Is Online".

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I check the site forty times a day in like thirty second intervals. I'm not logging in for that, that would eat half my time.

Not exactly any pressing reason to log out or close the tab anyhow.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Yeah, I was also logged out earlier.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

I was logged out this morning as well. It's one of those things the site does every once in a while, probably part of its final death throes or something. 

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Why does everybody seem to assume it's EM when it seems as though a mod may have possibly done something wrong? He seems a straight shooter to me. Also Sent, this is why I log myself on/logoff every time here, for I was not effected. I'm not lazy. :) I also do a crapton of ghosting.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Given how many people that have hastily tried to defend themselves about having their accounts “hijacked” by siblings/friends/strangers/etc, one would think that would be more incentive to actually log out when not using the place.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Heck, I've always used incognito mode for this place and never told a relative or friend especially since there hasn't been a successful invite I've ever seen here as well. There's no way WIBN is being hijacked.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

It's kinda funny how I've never had to worry about it. When you tell your friends you're a chubby chaser, they suddenly stop trying to use your computer after/during a time when you've been on the internet.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
If anyone is using my phone to troll CYS, please call the police because it probably means I'm dead.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

I'm not going to call the police on myself, that would be silly.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

You could call them and give them false information and stuff pretending to be a relative or something to throw them off your track.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

To any future FDA that's looking at this thread. I'd like to point out that this constitutes an admission of guilt, so there's no need for further investigation.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

@Bannerlord

I need a rant on this.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
As long as my future killer didn't post their selfie they should be safe.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Woohoo

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Huh? The fuck is this? WHAT IS THIS?! By god, man, this is garbage-tier writing right here! Do you even have a brain?! Okay, okay, maybe I need to calm down, y'know? Maybe I just need to take some deep breathes, AND THEN tell you why exactly you are absolutely, postively, 100%, undistubely, irrefutably wrong and why I am right. Okay, so you say all these things. It seems like you know you're stuff. But did you know this?! FURTHER INVESIGATION IS ALMOST ALWAYS REQUIRED. That might not make sense to your teeny tiny little brain, but trust me, to proper, non-subhuman beings, such as myself if you want an accurate example, it makes perfect sense! You'know, if someone falt out says thier fucking a serioal murdering killer acko fucking lunatic fucking killling people everywaehre they go goddamn pyscopath,, that must mean they fucking stupid. Yes, you heard me right, you cretin. Stupid. REtarded, if you wantto be absolluetly specific. Thus, thuis FDA cunt-bags, whatever FDA" is supposed to fucking mean, cut0-big as, that means theose guys must search deepeer@ Do you understandmse /me@? Huh! do you? You should, cuz im talking stragiht logi cher! Better listen up ldfoool! I just proved you wrong,! How you gonna take that?Best ranter in the game just layed the hard on you. Better step adn get put, bcuz you djsut got destroyed!@ Yeah!

=========

Okay, there's your rant @Seto I have no idea what I just wrote, but it looks pretty good, so i'll post it. I am not responsible for any brain cells that may have been lost after reading this. Thank you for your time. This might just be the best contribution I've made to this website yet. That reminds me to finish at least one of those unfinished storygames or short stories that have just been sitting there so this is no longer my best contribution to this website. Toodles!

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I don't usually do this, but it was required in this case. Here.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

You sir, are a genius.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Hahahaha that's perfect!

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Unless I'm making Mizal Chops out of her body or synthesizing parts of it into a strange new narcotic, pretty sure the Food and Drug Administration isn’t going to give a shit.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Haha, oops, I meant a D.A., though I fully support the idea of Mizal Chops.* I hear they go great with a side of decapitated snake.

*For legal purposes, I'd hereby like to declare that this statement did not in any way constitute a clear motive for possible future murder of the person known under the username 'Mizal'. Any future act of murder/cannibalism involving said person being turned into Mizal Chops, is purely coincidental and/or unrelated to me. I'd also hereby like to incriminate the person known under the username 'Endmaster' for said crimes.  

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Thought it was just my phone screwing up as usual. :/

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I'm guessing this happened again? I checked in right at three and there was only one guy online and I was afraid to log back in because what if he ate everyone.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Same here, I got logged out on both my phone and my laptop. Interestingly enough, Mizal was the only one online when I checked this morning, so I presumed that she chased everyone away as usual.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
The problem is they keep coming back.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I was hoping it was 3J returning with a server reboot.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Yeah, but I just thought it was because my internet modem is being a flip-floppy AIDSburger.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Ah I guess I can add to this thread what happens to you when you get banned.

You can log in but as soon as you leave the "logged in" page you're immediately logged out. So you couldn't so much as get to the forums while logged into a banned account much less post anything or message anyone.

That's how to tell if you're banned :P

kind of a unique perspective on it since I've been banned but I'm still allowed to be here. Nobody else who has been banned would readily tell anyone so I suppose this is useful to gather insight in some regards.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
No actually we're all pretty aware of the symptoms of banning, the especially clueless among the banned are always making alts to go 'my account is broken???'

The thing is, people can theoretically be unbanned now (not you though, Ford is gone forever and you'll never see him again) so I assume Sent was thinking someone was messing with him or had maybe issued a temporary ban.

Not that End is likely to do either, so just as a helpful tip to any future victims offenders: yes, he was serious, and begging will do you know good.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

no*

Sorry, I should have let you edit.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Yeah, I've had alts banned before, so I figured that's what was happening when I was suddenly logged out. It was actually just a case of me not reloading the page in forever, so I felt like my accounts connection was suddenly cit off, when in truth, I hadn't been logged on in an hour.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I didn't know the symptoms of banning until Ford was banned so I guess I'm too goody-two-shoes unlike the rest of you. I had never attempted to log into any alt after making one so I guess that's why I wouldn't know.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Ford was banned?

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
I mean sort of. Some divine power saved his person but the account is lost to the underworld.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

I actually was going to ask you in a PM after the banning if you wanted to "rise again after 3 days" especially given the whole March thing.

But then you seemed content in your new robot form so I didn't bother.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Can I pay for my soul with commendations gotten from storygames on Chanbot? xD How much is 1 Ford worth in commendations/points/word count?

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Negative seven.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
that's really difficult to achieve but with the right attitude anything is possible

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Ford's worth negative seven, but Endmaster should still charge you a load of shit just so he can profit off all the time he's been forced to keep it.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

How much is it to resurrect a dead party member in D&D nowadays?

If you lot pool your points together you can get Ford resurrected.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

According to 5E? There IS no set price. The prices of spells like that are circumstantial iirc and entirely up to GM bullshit. Kids these days have it too easy.

I mean, sure, giving the GM the ability to Bullshit someone back into the realm of the living for a storytelling opportunity is great and all, but it's not like people weren't just gonna do that anyway. Why, back in my day, we STAYED dead after the campaign, and by dammit, it took a whole mother campaign just to get the shit we needed to bring the dead guys back!

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Closest thing I’ve found to a formula is: cost of service + material + level.

Found a general statement that the fee is 1,250 gold if the church allows such things. Fortunately CYS allows necromancy.

500 for the spell component fee.

Then I guess 100 extra for each level. Ford was alive for little over 3 years, so I’ll just say he’s level 3.

So that will be 2050 points to raise him from the dead.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

I've heard that the Pathfinder resurrection works a little differently.

First, we need the whole body, and we need it to be less than 9 days old, or at least it shouldn't be stinky yet. Ford has always had a powerful stank AND he's been dead for weeks now, so add 1,280 points to whatever it costs to retrieve his carcass so that you can cast restoration and retrieval.

Now, it's a known fact that Ford is a dickless babyman, and being obliterated by the banhammer utterly destroys a person anyway, so that's 910 for each limb that needs to be regenerated, plus another optional 910 if you want him to actually have a penis. I'd recommend not giving him a penis, because then he'd have a reason to go outside, and having Ford in the real world is the last thing any of us need.

Then add in 10,910 for actually casting Resurrection. Alternatively, you could just charge him 20,530 points for "True Resurrection" which has none of those other steps, but then Ford wouldn't receive any level penalties from being Frankensteined back into existencd.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Yeah 20,530 points, let's go with that.

I mean Ford could have the lower priced one if it was possible to take away his trophies, but since it isn't, he'll have to get the higher priced one with no penalties.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
How many of those can Chanbot win in a contest? (pretending for a moment we lived in an alternate universe where Ford can win contests.)

...where'd Berka get off to anyway, I thought he was going to announce his soon.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

We could always push that price up higher and push Ford into the negatives, depending on what you feel constitutes as a limb in the sciences of regeneration. We might even be losing money with True Resurrection depending on how much it really costs to grow Ford back from a half-liquified ribcage. Though I guess you're the expert Necromancer here.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
y u gotta break my bank sent

I'd like to point out that nobody is casting res. Just moving soul from a robot to a human; non-trivial for a grandmaster of the dead but far from bringing a soul back to the living world. 3,000 points and a grand tome of magic should be enough. +100 honor for my dick back. +50 honor for one of my testicles.

3,000 points, a massive storygame centered on magic, and 150 commendations. +tax should be able to purchase one semi-working Ford.

I have a coupon.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Lol, I'm amused enough to see you try to make another story attempt. Let alone a "massive one."

But sure okay, what the hell, we'll go with your deal.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
The 150th and final commendation should have to come from March.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

There's gotta be an interest system going on here, though. There's a lot of preservatives, reconstructive healing, and organ transplants that go into getting a body beaten to death by the banhammer in functioning order, let alone keeping it in that condition until the soul has earned enough for the initial transaction. Not that Endmaster isn't filthy rich enough to handle it, but he's still at a deficit, especially considering how the body itself is worth -7 just by existing.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Would it be simpler to raise Ford as some kind of intelligent undead, bound to his master and made to use an avatar of his choosing for eternity?

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Thralls and zombie butlers aren't worth the upkeep unless they've got Hella great stats. Does Ford really have any discernable skills? Be honest here.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
In the spirit of cooperation and bi-partisanship, I am willing to contribute one point towards the total.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Your donation has been noted.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
With the 289 Chanbot has, that's only 2,710 to go! You're almost there!

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
If he'll write the short story I outlined in Sent's prompt thread, I will donate 20.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
:L

Did I get banned?

6 years ago

Awwww, whaaaat? Ford BANNED? But he was so sorta sad and mathy! At least we have you, Chanbot.

Did I get banned?

6 years ago
Ford was a failure and disappointment even a direct blessing and divine mandate from a Founder couldn't save.

I hear he also had a dangerous gambling habit so really it's for the best he's gone. Nobody liked him anyway and March clearly meant to choose me as his champion, he simply missed.