Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Now that all the winners have gotten their warm and fuzzies and the losers have gotten their bannings and SHAMINGS, it’s time for last Chaos Seeker standing to claim her PRIZE.

Oh and I also decided that Wibbons should also win jep’s bet since it wouldn’t be fair to Wibbons if she didn’t. Jep might have flaked out, but so did Bannerlord and Wibbons is getting his points too.

However, since jep bet 500 points he didn’t actually have, Wibbons wins -500 points from the total. Wibbons can be very glad however that T-Count got himself banned before the contest was over and took his negative points with him to the grave.

While it wasn’t a case that she was so good, it was definitely a case that everyone else was so bad, and let’s face it, sometimes that’s enough.

Wibbons: Winner of the PRIZE by being slightly less terrible than the rest of the competitors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J3VeogFUOs

Wiblander

6 years ago
wew lad 5.6k

where's the news reporter asking what mr chicken is gonna do with the money?

Wiblander

6 years ago

The prize for this was better than the prize for the actual contest, Jesus. gg Wibbons.

Wiblander

6 years ago

A truly hard fought victory for her. 

Wiblander

6 years ago

So, is she going to Disneyland?

I'm not in favor of this ruling though, winning that many points breaks the point system really hard, and that has implications on other systems, most notably Trophies. I'd have honestly rather have gone for an Achievement Unlocked: 100 Points type solution here. Here they picked up 4,100 points once you factor in the 1405 point buy-in

Wiblander

6 years ago

Chaos contest. CHAOS being the key word.

This wasn’t a “normal” contest. Hence why people were allowed to make the outrageous bets to the point of getting themselves banned in the first place.

The funny thing is I got this idea from you since you suggested in the contest thread that the winner would get ALL the points.

At the time you said that, I hadn’t actually come up with the way I was going to decide what the PRIZE was going to be, but then I figured, “Yeah that sounds good.”

Wiblander

6 years ago

I'm not in favor of it really either, since that many points was awarded just because people were lazy and Wibbons managed to put something of the "eh" level out, but it is as it is.

Wiblander

6 years ago

What outcome I would have liked to have seen is Ford or T-Count actually put out something of mid-level quality so they won the Chaos Seeker contest, but only to get banned with the PRIZE due to losing to Saika.

Even T-Count not flaking out and someone winning all the negative points he bet would have been amusing.

Wiblander

6 years ago
CYStians default to disappointing outcomes, something that funny would've been too much to hope for.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Indeed.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Yeah lol. Saika got one week to write an entry. It's sad for Ford and Tcount. T_T

Wiblander

6 years ago
He wrote that in a week?

Wiblander

6 years ago

@Saika

Wiblander

6 years ago

RIP Ford.

May End treat his soul horribly.

Wiblander

6 years ago

So apparently Wibbons didn't even realize he was in a clash to the death with his fellow Chaos Seekers.

Now it would have been one thing if Wibbons had made an effort and submitted something sub-par and won due to everyone else failing to beat him due to their own sloth and shitty writing. But I'm afraid I can't overlook such willful blindness to one's surroundings.

Wibbons, you have been stripped of your PRIZE and cast down to mortal once again.

Now let this be the end of this dark chapter.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Whoa. Oh man, that's a real downer lol. 

That just happened.

May as well delete this thread now, as it no longer has any importance.

But that's not my call to make.

:o)

Wiblander

6 years ago

I'll leave it up a bit longer.

Wiblander

6 years ago
I don't know how it came to this, but this just became a shoot the shaggy dog story in its own right.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Lol.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Chaos isn't out to help anyone, or hurt anyone. Chaos just is. It's a mistake to try and understand it.

Wiblander

6 years ago

'Nuff said. That's some fucking philosophy you just put in our lives. I'm changing my religion to 'Mizalism'. I'll make this happen.

Wiblander

6 years ago

You fool, all the smart people are part of the "Tharaism" religion.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Hmm... yes... Taylor and I are at odds, it seems, as she's a Tharian enthusiast. Whilst I remain a Mizalian. But this will not become Romeo and Juliet! Because our love is not forbidden, and religions are not rival families, and (hopefully) we both don't commit suicide in the end! Yeah, there's no fucking way it could be Romeo and Juliet.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Juliet was on the better side so it could be.

Wiblander

6 years ago

That's not exactly true. The story never really focused on the Montagues as much as the Capulets. Honestly, I feel that the Montagues were better as parents than the Capulets.

Wiblander

6 years ago

I see you missed my point. I'll use a bigger size.

Thara is better than Mizal.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Okay.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Nuh-uh. Thara's the Poundland Mizal. Her paint is all splotched, she uses the same mold as the other three ripoffs next to her, and there's only articulation in her shoulders. Not that she'd need it, because all the out-of-scale accessories she's been sold with don't actually fit in her hands.

But in the end, only a retard would outright worship another person just for saying something philosophical. Truly it is an obstacle on the path to cosmic understanding.

Wiblander

6 years ago

I 'worship' Mizal as more of a joke, honestly.

Wiblander

6 years ago

You acknowledged the joke as a joke, though, therefore the banter is lost, and if I bring up cosmic understanding again it'll sound like I'm being serious, and really you've just befuckled the entire thing and I am very disappointed.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Yeah, joke's ruined. Goodbye, I'm going to kill myself now.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Ooohhohoo. We are not bringing up Romeo and Juliet. That's the unit I'm on in English, and it's annoying enough.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Honestly I'm more surprised Mizal didn't verbally murder Minnie for saying that Thara was better than her.

Of course it's possible she didn't see it since the dog fucker derailment thread is currently getting more attention for obvious reasons.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Punishing Minnie for what he said is like punishing a dog for loving its owner. It will still continue doing it, it doesn't know any better. The best Mizal can do is be nice to Minnie, so he starts liking her instead.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Being nice to Minnie would be way too much effort for Mizal at too little benefit.

Besides, apparently Gamzee and Crescent already worship her.

Wiblander

6 years ago

;) You got to worship the queen, dear.

Wiblander

6 years ago

What sounds better? Queen Mizal, Emperor Mizal or Lord Mizal? 

Wiblander

6 years ago

*COUGH* Lady Mizal.

Wiblander

6 years ago

In any case, I found this all arbitrarily amusing.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Minnie is to Thara as Thara is to you. Eventually Minnie will get his own minion and the cycle will continue. I'm just standing well clear and trying not to get any fluids on me, thanks.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Minnie is drowning in the Well of SHAME. He's not even people.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Burn in hell

Well, I can't drown anyways. So ha.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Anyone can drown. Why are you unnaturally immune to this?

Wiblander

6 years ago

When you throw a fresh cow pie into a pit of diarrhea, it doesn't drown, it becomes one with its surroundings. Minnie's a little bit like that. He can't drown in shame, because he simply is shame.

Wiblander

6 years ago

I'll give you partial credit for this.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Wiblander

6 years ago

What's up with your liking of that number?

Wiblander

6 years ago
everyone should worship thy holy 42

Wiblander

6 years ago

Just remember that Shakespeare meant to make it a comedy and find solace in the knowledge that the whole thing is a farce.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Is it even possible to have any other takeaway from R&J but 'teenagers are fucking retarded'?

Wiblander

6 years ago
Dang.

Chaos is chaotic.

Wiblander

6 years ago

The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.

Wiblander

6 years ago

Could've kept your point horde,
If you'd just swallowed your pride.
Could've still been named Ford,
If you didn't make bet suicide.

All you did was put off,
Now you finally pay the price.

You wouldn't be a robot,
T-Count handed you the game,
Now you're a mechanical snot,
And there's no-one else to blame!

You can't escape-- the BAN-HAMMER!
You didn't even try!
You finally got the BAN-HAMMER!
This'll be the end of you.

Now you've been repressed,
Trapped in the body of your own son!
Managed to lose a contest,
That fucking Wibbons' story won!

You didn't stop-- the BAN-HAMMER!
You didn't give a fuck!
Could've avoided-- BAN-HAMMER!
But you were a cuck!
You only got-- the BAN-HAMMER!
You disgrace to March's honor!
You got-- BAN-HAMMERED!
Let there be no doubt about it!

(Banned! Banned! BAN-HAMMER!)

Ford is banished, (Ford is banished! Ford is banished!)
And he's shed his skin! (Shed his skin!)
This is the new Ford, (This is the new Ford!)
He's not cash money. (Not very cash money!)
Oh won't you ag him on, (Ag him on!)
So he'll write something, (Write something!)
Ag him on! (Ag him on!)
So he'll write something! (Write something!)
I mean something good. (Ag him on!)
He might come through! (Write something!)
Don't hold your breath though, (Ag him on!)
Don't hold your breath now, hey! (Write something!)
Come on, come on help him do!

I'll write Wibbons's anthem of disappointment later, maybe. For now, I'm content with harrassing Ford and having an excuse to listen to Peter Gabriel.

Wiblander

6 years ago

The only disappointment I have is in regards to Ford's laziness though I never expected much better. In hindsight, I should've more closely read through the posts in the original Chaos thread to notice that anything above the normal amount would be an automatic entry into the mini-contest. Oh well, unlike Ford, I still have WIBN.

Wiblander

6 years ago
Romeo and Juliet having been brought up...somewhere in this thread, I was wondering whether anyone is planning to watch Still Star-crossed?