Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago
Good old PhotoBucket is discontinuing all free 3rd Party Hosting - meaning about a decade worth of my online presence will now be littered with little red X's, where my pics used to be.

Oh, but they'll sell you the hot-linking if you need it - only $40.00 a month.

Fark those rotten bastards sideways with a rusty chainsaw.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago

Wow, I was still using that one. The only reason why I never switched to another is due to laziness and it served its purposes.

What's the free one that everyone uses on here?

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago
Imgur is what everyone uses now, but they don't necessarily like to be hotlinked and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did the same.

Photobucket was dead to me years ago, it just stopped displaying my library for reasons I could never figure out.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago

Oh well.

photo fuckit_zpsnlwgphf9.gif

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago
why did you use photobucket anyways? there's no advantage to it. photobucket has never been good.

should probably use imgur or postimg.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago
Like I said, a decade's worth. I was a legacy user, so they treated me pretty good till now.

I'll be hosting my own stuff from now on though.

(BLARG BLARG FLARGAN!!!)

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago

Now that I'm thinking about it, I was using it for about that long too. I know I started using it all the way back on IS before their first changing of the forums, so yeah over a decade.

Never paid much attention if I was considered a legacy user though, but hardly matters now I guess.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago
Did they revert the changes? A few pictures I have hosted here are now showing up again.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

6 years ago
I have not heard anything new (other than legacy users getting more time). Maybe they decided to give everyone the same amount of time or something?

Die PhotoBucket Die!

5 years ago

Rise from the grave...

So I thought photobucket was supposed to disable all the images you had up unless you shelled out money after a certain point. Even if you were a long time user, you got a little extra time, but they were still going to be disabled eventually.

Going by one of the last images I posted in this very thread, that doesn't seem to be the case. Did PB change their mind or something? Can't be bothered to look up the info right now.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

5 years ago

You lazy lot failed to provide me with the information I asked for last time.

In any case, apparently Photobucket decided that it was a horrible idea to force people to pay for hosting shit so now it's free again except if you're using it for free they put a watermark "Hosted by photobucket" on the image.

Hardly matters anymore since I started using imgur recently.

Die PhotoBucket Die!

5 years ago

And now he plots his revenge

Die PhotoBucket Die!

5 years ago
I moved everything important to my own site, so haven't cared what they did - but not surprised the old bait and switch routine blew da-fark up in their faces.

So I guess i no longer wish rhetorical death upon them, so there's that at least.